Notices

Class of January Support Thread 2018 Part 3

Old 02-01-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

@gem & sunflower, trying the no sugar thing together and staying off the scales until March 1 is a great idea. It will also help with the temptation to go face down in ice cream when the sugar cravings hit.

17 days for me, it feels both quick and a long time at once.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

So true t1psy. I didn't drink for over six months last year until I met up with an old friend in September, made a poor decision and had a bunch of margaritas. Soon enough, I was back to my old ways drinking 4-5 days per week and putting on weight. Took me to 1/8/18 to finally get back on track. When a craving comes, I play the tape forward and say no f'n way!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Happy February, Class!

Super quick check in for 18/18 of 90/90 - busy day today preparing to speak at an event tomorrow. I’m very nervous so have been anxious all day and had an awful nightmare about it last night - off to practice some more now.

Stay strong all.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewChapterJan18 View Post
Happy February, Class!

Super quick check in for 18/18 of 90/90 - busy day today preparing to speak at an event tomorrow. I’m very nervous so have been anxious all day and had an awful nightmare about it last night - off to practice some more now.

Stay strong all.
Good luck NewChapter!!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scottynz View Post
Morning everyone,

@gem & sunflower, trying the no sugar thing together and staying off the scales until March 1 is a great idea. It will also help with the temptation to go face down in ice cream when the sugar cravings hit.

17 days for me, it feels both quick and a long time at once.
I’m 17 days as well. Let’s keep it going!!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
Good luck NewChapter!!
Thanks so much Sunflower - I really appreciate it!!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TYG2 View Post

p.s. I've also noticed Komplex on the Newcomers alot, helping. I do that as well. Sorry if I didn't notice any others!!!! It's a very busy forum!!! And I'm sure you all have helped out there as well, hard to keep track. More tomorrow. I have a black eye. BUT not blind. T.G.
HeyTYG, thanks for the mention. I’m hanging in there and trying to post and read a lot. Lovely poem, glad it’s only a black eye.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I'm in for no sugar too though just eaten half tub of haagen dazs so will start in the morning 😨
Old 02-01-2018, 02:07 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
I think I’ll do the same thing. No sugar and I will weigh myself March 1. Why don’t we keep each other accountable? 😊

Palmer you in too???
Well, I would LOVE to, but I don't think I can quit sugar until I kick this cold. Ben and Jerry are my BFFs right now.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PalmerSage View Post
Well, I would LOVE to, but I don't think I can quit sugar until I kick this cold. Ben and Jerry are my BFFs right now.
Ben & Jerry are ALWAYS my BFFs!! Haha
Old 02-01-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewChapterJan18 View Post
Happy February, Class!

Stay strong all.
Hi New Chapter, you are sober now and doing great. you can stand up to speak clear headed and with no fog in your eyes, confident that you can give your best. This alone will allow you to connect with your audience. There is no need to stress, practice makes perfect and you will be just fine, just try to relax about it and enjoy being able to do it hangover free. The best speakers are not those that deliver word perfect speeches but rather those that appear natural and genuine. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I'm in for no sugar too though just eaten half tub of haagen dazs so will start in the morning 😨

Awesome!!!!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PalmerSage View Post
Deal. When you’re better 😊
Old 02-01-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I hope the weight sticks around for a little while so I won't feel complacent and feel I have it cracked then forget all the bad days and pick up. Personally, I am just focusing on eating healthily and enough to feel full and happy. I am hoping that will lead to a sustainable and slow healthier and more fit body. that said I agree totally with the sugar reduction and I am in. Usually when I quit I have sugar cravings which can lead me to confusing them with alcohol cravings so it makes sense to try and sort that out also. So coffee/caffeine it is then!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:41 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone gearing up for a sober weekend?

D
Old 02-01-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

All systems go for a sober weekend dee ☺

Can't seem to sleep for last few nights 😨

You'll do great today new chapter. You're sober strong and clear headed.☺

Busy weekend for me. Working half day today then off to town for things tomorrow I'm up really early off to the big city 😀 then meeting my husband for a meal first night out sobriety. I got this 😀driving and going to wake up clear headed.

Got some administration stuff to sort out today. Going on hols week today but sorting out seat booking luggage etc I seem to be booked onto 2 flights which makes no sense. Stressing about it now though trying to stay calm. 😕
Have a good day all.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:07 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Good luck NewChapter. Read the post from ubntubnt a lot, so right. You will be proud afterwards.

I would love to loose some weight as well. I will join you! No sugar and sober ☺.

A relaxed weekend is coming up, Dee. Still feel like I can sleep all day, so tired and sometimes dizzy. So I might do that. And monday morning celebrate the 2nd sober weekend! But first, I have to go to work now.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:55 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I’m not ready to give up sugar yet! Although I really don’t eat a lot of it. I like chocolate and ice cream but they don’t like me. Good luck to everyone giving up sugar.

I hope you feel better soon Palmer.

I am so ready for a sober weekend. I had planned a Super Bowl party at my house on Sunday, but I have been pretty run down so I canceled it. It was just my family and they don’t drink so it wouldn’t have been hard, I just don’t feel good.

I’ve been sleeping A LOT. I’m talking 9-10 hours a night with a 2-3 hour nap. It’s been miserable. I tried to get out and play golf on Tuesday I got so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out so I came home. I’m trying to get a doctors appointment but I changed insurance this year and it’s been a challenge.

I say that and then tonight I can’t sleep and I’m up writing to all of you at midnight lol.

See y’all for day 42 in the morning.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Welsh member.

Good morning my beautifully sober global classmates.

Crikey some of you are up early/late.

Big weekend and sober test for some of us in Europe. It's the start of the Six Nations rugby.
(The best sports competition in the world!) The best of luck to ubntubnt (Irish), ShenzyT Scottish,RAL Scottish and boo hiss athomeuk (English)! Although, RAL, you could be English. I recall you saying you're a Northerner. In which case I refer to to my sentiments towards athomeuk. CarpeDiemX, not sure whether you're from a rugby nation in Europe, but you're definitely not English so I'll cheer you too! For the rest of the year, I love the English to bits.

I had a small "win" yesterday. I was at the shops buying supplies, with money in my pocket and nobody to see what I was spending it on. It wasn't until I was driving home that I realized that I hadn't consciously thought of buying vodka surreptitiously and having to quell the AV. I suppose some muscle memory/neural pathway kicked in and wondered why I wasn't slugging vodka on my drive home. Ha!

Same plan for me today. If it's working why change it.

Love and strength to you
Old 02-02-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Morning Tro. Enjoy your rugby. I am a northern lass so it was always Rugby League for me.

Well done on the not buying vodka, its a good feeling when you get through it.

Have a good day.