Notices

24Hour Recovery Connection Part 337

Old 01-10-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LateBloominCait View Post
Checking in for another 24. It was a rough day, but I won't drink.
Great job!!!! Keep at it!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheToddman View Post
Not a good day at all....so I definitely need to commit to another 24.

Glad you guys are here

T.
Well done. You've taken a decision that will make your life better than you can imagine.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Doing an early check in today. It will finally be warm out in our area this afternoon so I'm taking my 4 year old son to the park to sled and run around in the snow. It feels amazing to be able to run and play with him EVERY day because I am not hungover and sick in bed.

Thank you all for the encouragement! Have a great day today!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Today is the last day before I commit to an outpatient Alcohol addiction service. I have to commit to stuff that's going to be so uncomfortable for me & until doing this for me, there is no way I can fix anything or anyone else in my life. Time will have to take care of that, much as I want the quick fix. I haven't picked up in 6 days now and only just starting to feel 'normal'. I am frightened, but if I don't commit to this then I may as well let Mr Alcohol have what's left. SR has been my Happy place and will be again. Thank you all for always being supportive and my special thanks to an extremely special lady, you know who you are. Last time for self pity and self indulgence. I will be checking in just to let you know I am around. Keep on doing what you are all doing, it works. Much Love 24'ers, you mean a lot to me. SP
Old 01-10-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 10. Yay! Praying God will grant me another 24.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:53 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
I wonder if the roads were any better.

https://i.imgur.com/iAszlva.gifv
This could so easily be me! Hubby has said for years he should just make our back steps a slide for me during the winter!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Wow, 12 year old daughters... they can be an interesting lot, can't they? I just googled 'what has happened to my 12 year old daughter?' because she used to be so loving and adorable and now... not so much. I was pleased to read that the mood swings, door slamming and random attacking of siblings is normal and to be expected. The advice seems to be to pick my battles (they don't see mess apparently), let her know I love her and try not to do anything embarrassing. Ever. Thank heavens I'm sober.... I'm going to have 4 teenagers in this house in a few years.... it's going to be a hormonal mine field. ... at least life should never be dull.

I'm so glad you stood your ground with the care home Delilah. I had to go into battle on behalf of my dad on a number of occasions when he was in the pysch ward and then the hospice. It can be so difficult being assertive in such an emotional set of circumstances but standing up for the ones we love when they're vulnerable and need our help the most.... well, that's the true definition of love. I just hope that one day when I'm vulnerable, someone will go into battle for me. Although from the look my 12 year old daughter gave me this morning, I don't fancy my chances!!!

Congrats milestoners. 24 more for me please xxxx
I can totally relate. Wow when my daughter hit 12 it was something. She's always been a tad sassy.... But I was so not ready for all of the slamming, stomping, throwing small objects, yelling and death stares! Luckily she is about to turn 17 and things have started to mellow just a bit. Though you never know when they could just randomly go off....
Enjoy the times when she is happy and having fun. Remember it isn't easy for her either. Good luck!
Old 01-10-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Wow, 12 year old daughters... they can be an interesting lot, can't they? I just googled 'what has happened to my 12 year old daughter?' because she used to be so loving and adorable and now... not so much. I was pleased to read that the mood swings, door slamming and random attacking of siblings is normal and to be expected. The advice seems to be to pick my battles (they don't see mess apparently), let her know I love her and try not to do anything embarrassing. Ever. Thank heavens I'm sober.... I'm going to have 4 teenagers in this house in a few years.... it's going to be a hormonal mine field. ... at least life should never be dull.

I'm so glad you stood your ground with the care home Delilah. I had to go into battle on behalf of my dad on a number of occasions when he was in the pysch ward and then the hospice. It can be so difficult being assertive in such an emotional set of circumstances but standing up for the ones we love when they're vulnerable and need our help the most.... well, that's the true definition of love. I just hope that one day when I'm vulnerable, someone will go into battle for me. Although from the look my 12 year old daughter gave me this morning, I don't fancy my chances!!!

Congrats milestoners. 24 more for me please xxxx
Kenton,

I have 13 and 14 year old daughter's , I completely understand!! My son is 10, and still adores his mom.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

6:12 am and checking in for another 24. It's still raining her, I am afraid to go look at my kitchen, there is a tarp on the roof and I am hoping it held up overnight. I am also hoping the rain stops today so we can finish the roof that I thought was finished months ago!

Have a great day everyone.

❤️Delilah
Old 01-10-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Geez Delilah- when it rains it pours, huh? I'm sorry you had to deal with this all in one morning but glad you got the room situation straightened out for your Mom. Good luck with the roof- will it get fixed today? I hope so. Hang in there and keep doing those deep breaths. My favorite is a 7 count- 7 second slow breath in, hold at the top and 7 second slow breath out. If you can part your lips as if you have a piece of paper between them and put your tongue behind your top teeth while you are breathing that helps too. Thinking of you!!
Thanks Sunny! I will definitely try that breathing technique. Have a great day my friend.❤️
Old 01-10-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
6:15 am

Still feeling run down although this cold is quite a strange one- I had fever dreams all night (just crazy visions and dreams) and woke up with lots of body aches so I took some Tylenol in the middle of the night which helped. It's just weird that I don't have any other symptoms besides a headache.

Kind of feeling sorry for myself and wondering where this "poor me" mentality is coming from. It's like I'm upset that my husband didn't even bother to ask me how I am feeling this morning. What does it matter? He rarely does that when I am sick. Anyway, hoping it's a low key day with my father in law - a movie perhaps? That would be a great escape from my head.
No gym for me, going to take it easy.
Here for 24 beautiful more hours of freedom...
I hope you start to feel better today. It may be worth calling the doctor. If you have the flu and are within the 24 hour window you can still get tamiflu.

Enjoy time with your FIL.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad your mom has you to advocate for her Delilah - but a bit scared for Hubby and BIL tho LOL

congrats to everyone recommitting to recovery today especially...

JulietUK ~ 1 week! ♥
soberista ~ 1 week! ♥
WaterOx ~ 1 week! ♥
LateBloominCait ~ 2 weeks! ♥
erfra7 ~ 4 years & 8 months! ♥

D
Wise to be scared for them Dee!! You can't find good help these days.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Insomnia not good

Time to to work
Please I need and want another 24 hrs of sobriety drug freedom and freedom from self

Have a wonderful day

Thought for the Day

When we were drinking, most of us were full of pride and selfishness. We believed we could handle our own affairs, even though we were making a mess of our lives. We were very stubborn and didn't like to take advice. We resented being told what to do. To us, humility looked like weakness. But when we came into A.A., we began to be humble. And we found out that humility gave us the power we needed to overcome drinking. Have I learned that there is power in humility?

Meditation for the Day

I will come to God in faith and He will give me a new way of life. This new way of life will alter my whole existence, the words I speak, and the influence I have. They will spring from the life within me. I see how important is the work of a person who has this new way of life. The words and the example of such a person can have a wide influence for good in the world.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may learn the principles of the good life. I pray that I may meditate upon them and work at them, because they are eternal.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Today is the last day before I commit to an outpatient Alcohol addiction service. I have to commit to stuff that's going to be so uncomfortable for me & until doing this for me, there is no way I can fix anything or anyone else in my life. Time will have to take care of that, much as I want the quick fix. I haven't picked up in 6 days now and only just starting to feel 'normal'. I am frightened, but if I don't commit to this then I may as well let Mr Alcohol have what's left. SR has been my Happy place and will be again. Thank you all for always being supportive and my special thanks to an extremely special lady, you know who you are. Last time for self pity and self indulgence. I will be checking in just to let you know I am around. Keep on doing what you are all doing, it works. Much Love 24'ers, you mean a lot to me. SP
So proud of you for doing this SP, and can't wait to hear Aabout all of the positive changes happening in your life. Also, you will be entering your program with a week sober, that's fantastic.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning 24s, please count me ALL in.
Congratulations to the Milestoners!!

Hugs, peace, strength and love to all....xxxx
Old 01-10-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Wise to be scared for them Dee!! You can't find good help these days.
Hmm, I've missed something. Must read back and catch up.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

(((Sweetpeacan))) Please let us know how you're doing. SR is open 24/7.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I have been thinking about you love....so glad that you posted honey

Hang in there baby.....going to get you through to this rehab.
I am unbelievably proud of your determination and strength.
One day at a time you have 6 days and you are on the way to reclaiming your life.
You can do this....you ARE doing this my friend.

More love....

Suze xx ♥♥♥
Old 01-10-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

♥ Especially for Sweetpeacan....

24 more hours of beautiful precious freedom please, with so much love to everyone.