SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connection Part 337 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/421598-24hour-recovery-connection-part-337-a.html)

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Donnie34 (Post 6741436)
24 hrs more for me. Feeling really annoyed today.

Talk to us, Donnie34.

We listen rather well here.

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6741452)
It's absolutely amazing how fast I heal.....still a mess, but one more day and no one will be able to tell I dislocated my jaw. Which is good....because the posty and every delivery person who has been here has raised their eyebrows when I opened the door.

People here are polite....they don't say: Holy crap, what happened to your face? Now, if I was in Australia.... :biggrin:

So I have told quite a few interested acquaintances that yes, my jaw was dislocated and the swelling will take time to go down. Of course everyone wants to know HOW I did it....sigh.....pure talent? I am that good at stressing myself out that I accidentally dislocated my own jaw?

Yes, I did.

And some changes need to happen.
Big time.
I need to look after myself MUCH better.

I know you are doing your best to look after your parents now love and yes, lots of us here are dealing with this or have been through it.

Many of you know that I was my parents' carer for years, and my mum had Alzheimer's as well as many other things. I know exactly how hard it is.

And I offer my experience and strength to all of you.....we can always help each other. :hug: ♥

(((((((Suze))))). Glad to hear that you are experiencing continued improvement. ❤️

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6741493)
https://i.imgur.com/gIDx0qV.gif

on 10 seriously sensational days dearest Chick!!!!!!!!!! :) :hug: ♥

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6741422)
Ha..... :) :)

News of the day:

Somewhere in California a man has been spotted running down the street so fast that it looks like a new world speed record has been set.

The Guinness Book of Records has been notified....will Mr Delilah become famous??? :biggrin:

:lmao

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Hats (Post 6741508)
Another 24 for me please

:scoregood,,Hats :scoregood

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6741527)
Neoo, I have a funny....I bought us Halva....do any of you know it?
It is a beautiful sweet treat made from sesame seeds.
I wanted to look at the wrapper to see the ingredients.
Check this out.... :biggrin:

https://i.imgur.com/t2cipk7.jpg

I thought it said THREE nuts may be present....hysterical.
I was wondering who here besides me is secretly working for a halva manufacturer.

Hilarious!!!!! ❤️ :lmao

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6741545)
Dat was scary....glad you got rid of it....he he he...good morning love. :) ♥♥♥♥♥

No kidding!!!!!!! I frightened myself, too!!!!!!:scared:

And all I wanted to do was post a nice, little innocent cup of coffee!!!!!

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6741545)
Dat was scary....glad you got rid of it....he he he...good morning love. :) ♥♥♥♥♥

For a minute there I thought that I had broken SR. I thought I was going to give Mr. Delilah a run for his Guiness Book title :scared:

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by badgerden (Post 6741578)
Hello morning, Caught up on some sleep, the world outside looks like it needs me and the girls to join it on a walk, off we go!

24 more

Badge

Enjoy, dear Badge!!!!! ❤️

venuscat 01-10-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6741804)
For a minute there I thought that I had broken SR. I thought I was going to give Mr. Delilah a run for his Guiness Book title :scared:

:roflmao

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6741591)
Thanks for all that Soberleigh. You are a star. :tyou

Aw, thanks Juliet. You shine brightly, too!!!!!!! ❤️

Kaneda8888 01-10-2018 11:18 AM

Checking in for 24.

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by quitter62 (Post 6741607)
24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Love your plan, dear quitter!!!!!:c011: ❤️❤️❤️

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by WaterOx (Post 6741622)
since a "day 8". So let's make it 24 more.

Day 8 :c011: Well done, dear Waterox!

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Babs1234 (Post 6741641)
Hi Everyone ! :wave:
checking in for another 24.
I won't be here for a couple of days going out of town .
Be back next Monday.
Hugs
Babs

❤️ Have fun and safe travels, dear Babs!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by olyrunner (Post 6741643)
Good morning - wow, lots of posts to catch up on today (great to see you all). I'm still laughing at Neoo's black ice GIF. That poor man must have been terrified, but wooooo, I couldn't help but laugh! I also saw ColdFusion's post about being in Portland - I knew I felt some awesome vibes in the neighborhood. Hope you have a great stay.

Checking in for 24 more - see you all soon.

Greetings, dear olyrunner :wave:

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by WeaverBird (Post 6741732)
This made me think of a song that goes round my head occasionally, since I discovered I can listen to contemporary Xian music.

https://youtu.be/T4co6n3zUcA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T4co6n3zUcA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder if that worked.

:tyou Thanks Phoenix. I love what you're doing in your recovery at the moment :You_Rock_

Weev in at 6:28pm after facing more finances and finding some more debt. Will I ever pay it off? Oh well. It's the willingness that counts I suppose. I wish I had a husband with nice hands I could hold right about now! The worst of the facing up was done today I think.

((((((Dear sweet, sweet Weav)))))

ODAAT - on step at a time!

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife (Post 6741754)
Well the other symptom have kicked in- sinus pressure and headache. We saw The Greatest Showman- damn it was better than I was anticipating and I am pretty sure I was the only crying off and on. I am starting to realize how hard it is to go to the movies as a highly sensitive person - I cry no matter what the genre especially now that I am sober. I don’t remember that happening when I was a drunk movie goer. I guess that’s what happens when you stop numbing your emotions with booze.

I feel bad because my FIL wants to take the boys bowling and I am just not physically up for not to mention it gave me great anxiety when I went last sunday. Is it rude to stay home while they go with the boys? I just want to lie on the couch and rest.

You should rest, dear one. Your boys will have a great time with their grandad!

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 (Post 6741812)
Checking in for 24.

Dear Kaneda; your post always brings a smile to my face! ❤️

SoberLeigh 01-10-2018 11:43 AM

Count me in, please.

Love to all. ❤️

Leigh