Notices

Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 6

Old 03-03-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the 24 hour thread is a great idea Angie. I worry that posting here once a week or so might not be enough for you?

D
Old 03-04-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I agree with everyone Angie. The 24 hour thread helps to keep it real for me every day and not let overconfidence rear it's ugly head.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Where are you Angie love?
Old 03-11-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi all. Thank you all so very much. I know that I need to be on here more and I will make more of an effort to do so. I love it here, everyone is so supportive. I’m on day 264, a little over 9 months. One of the ladies that I was in the outpatient program is back in the hospital. She’s a very caring, funny, just awesome person and I hate to see her suffering. She was put in for suicide ideation. I hope that she gets the help she needs. She had BPD too but she said that she hadn’t relapsed. Whatever happened, she’s in the place that she needs to be to get better and I hope that she does. As for me, I haven’t had a craving again like that one I wrote about. It could and probably will happen again but I’ll get through it when it comes. Alex is doing good, he’s on spring break and next weekend he and I will be going to the beach and staying in a hotel nearby. We are planning on going to the shelter to get a new cat. I miss Elvis. His picture popped up in the memory feed on my Facebook and I stared into his sweet eyes and then had to shut it off and cry a bit. He’ll always be remembered and loved. Thank you all so much for your support.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It is so wonderful to hear that you are doing so well, Angie; music to my ears!

I hope that your friend recovers well, too!

Stay close; we miss you when you are not here.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

always good to hear from you Angie

D
Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi love.
Yey......a cat.....so glad you guys are going to do that.
Elvis would be very happy about that.

Glad you are doing better sweetie...sorry about your friend though.
It sounds like she is being well cared for which is so good.
Hoping she can come out of hospital soon.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi all. I’ve just gotten up from a nap. I was in severe right sided pain all last night so I’m using a sick day today. Also, couldn’t keep anything down. I took some over the counter pain meds and I’m feeling a bit better but sore. The AV was screaming at me as I went in the grocery store but I ignored it. My mom is afraid it could be my appendix. If the pain comes back, I’ll go to urgent care or ER. There’s a part of me afraid that people will think I relapsed because of missing work but I have nothing to hide and I’m still sober. So, I’m going to go back and rest. I don’t feel like eating anything but I need to keep drinking water.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

(((Angie))) ♥

If the pain gets any worse, please call your doc....they may tell you to call an ambulance in case it is appendicitis. ♥♥
Old 03-13-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Angie

D
Old 03-13-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Feel better Angie!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I’m feeling better, most of the pain has gone but there’s some soreness but I can handle this. I’ve been helping Alex do research on his project about the planets. I kept down some soup so that’s good. Feeling so tired and I hope that I can sleep tonight.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Feel all better soon, Angie. If that pain comes back, please call your doctor or go to the ER.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I’ve been feeling a lot better. Thank you Leigh. Well, I am ten months sober today!! I’m feeling better than I have in such a long time. Actually going to work just a few hours of overtime today. I’ve been working 12 hour days from Tuesday to Friday, the overtime is mandatory but I wouldn’t have been able to do it if I were still drinking, Alex should be up when I get off, I’ll pick him up from his dad and we’ll go out and do something fun. Life is sooo good sober. It wasn’t good while I was drinking. I never have to go through that again. Thank you all for the support!!
Old 03-31-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

0n 10 months darling Angie!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2018, 06:22 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Angie

D
Old 03-31-2018, 09:12 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you venuscat and Dee. . Alex’s dad texted me and asked if he could keep Alex a little while longer because his buddy with kids had come over. I really didn’t mind because I was gonna exhausted from working 12 hours of overtime this week, plus all those days of getting up at 4:30am. I came home and slept for 3 hours. Still am tired but doing much better. The mandatory overtime will continue next week but I’m going to do most of it on Monday, on my day off instead of staying later every day. Maybe that’ll help with the tiredness. I’m going after I take Alex to school and then I’ll get off right before school is out. Grateful to be able to do all this sober.

Hopefully, I can work on making on making more of a life outside of work on days that I don’t have Alex. Thinking about going to the gym at work after my shift is over, for just 30 minutes a day. I mean, it’s right there. Need to get some weight off, and working out will help me in a lot of ways. Not having much in the way of cravings but I’ve done pretty good on working through them. One day at a time but it’ll be pretty nice to say in April that I’ll be one year sober next month, :-)
Old 04-01-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Absolutely it will!

Did you guys get to start looking at kitties yet love?
Old 04-01-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on 10 months Angie!
Old 04-01-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angie247 View Post
Thank you venuscat and Dee. . Alex’s dad texted me and asked if he could keep Alex a little while longer because his buddy with kids had come over. I really didn’t mind because I was gonna exhausted from working 12 hours of overtime this week, plus all those days of getting up at 4:30am. I came home and slept for 3 hours. Still am tired but doing much better. The mandatory overtime will continue next week but I’m going to do most of it on Monday, on my day off instead of staying later every day. Maybe that’ll help with the tiredness. I’m going after I take Alex to school and then I’ll get off right before school is out. Grateful to be able to do all this sober.

Hopefully, I can work on making on making more of a life outside of work on days that I don’t have Alex. Thinking about going to the gym at work after my shift is over, for just 30 minutes a day. I mean, it’s right there. Need to get some weight off, and working out will help me in a lot of ways. Not having much in the way of cravings but I’ve done pretty good on working through them. One day at a time but it’ll be pretty nice to say in April that I’ll be one year sober next month, :-)
It will be very cool, indeed, Angie! ❤️