Notices

Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 6

Old 02-03-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow VikingGF, thank you so much for your nice comments. I would be honored to consider you a friend. I appreciate your words so very much. It means so much to me.

Venuscat, Thank you! Would love to talk to you about the program and the steps. Would love to just talk to you. I definitely picked the wrong sponsor for me.

Thank you Dee. I just ordered an audiobook for mindfulness with people with BPD and I can relate so much to people's stories. For so long, I just thought there was something very wrong with me.

Stargazer, thank you! I really cannot believe that I am at over 8 months now. I never thought I'd get this much time in. I love your signature, by the way.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm over 8 months now or 243 days sober. I'm grateful and inch by inch, I am starting to believe that I'm capable of handling things without everything falling apart. I have handled things but I often second guess myself. I'm enjoying a nice, sober weekend with Alex. He is just the sweetest young man. I'm working on getting us a new apartment before the summer because our air isn't great at all. Life has so many possibilities and I'll find us a better place.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry I missed your posts love, rough day yesterday.
But you sound wonderful, and I love the idea of you and Alex in a nice new place (with room for a kitty of course ).

And awesome.....we have each other's numbers so let's go baby!!!!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Angie

sorry you're having a hard time Suze - hope things get better soon

D
Old 02-04-2018, 08:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Actually, It is lovely to be able to tell you that I finally found what was causing my allergies and consequently the worse eczema I have ever had (my face as well, just not fun). I am finally finally starting to feel better....and it is really really nice.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Actually, It is lovely to be able to tell you that I finally found what was causing my allergies and consequently the worse eczema I have ever had (my face as well, just not fun). I am finally finally starting to feel better....and it is really really nice.
Fantastic news, Suze!!! ❤️
Old 02-04-2018, 10:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angie247 View Post
I'm over 8 months now or 243 days sober. I'm grateful and inch by inch, I am starting to believe that I'm capable of handling things without everything falling apart. I have handled things but I often second guess myself. I'm enjoying a nice, sober weekend with Alex. He is just the sweetest young man. I'm working on getting us a new apartment before the summer because our air isn't great at all. Life has so many possibilities and I'll find us a better place.
It is so wonderful to hear that you are doing so well, sweet Angie! ❤️
Old 02-05-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Way to go Angie!
Old 02-11-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you all!! I slept in a little bit today and will pick up Alex in a bit. Alex and I are going in a couple hours to see Peter Rabbit then go to the park. The week after next I’ll be 9 months sober! I’m going to try to go to the meeting on mondays for women only. It’s one that my ex sponsor didn’t go to a lot but she would go occasionally. It wasn’t at the club. I can’t be afraid of her, she’s just one person and she is too much for me but I’m sure she wants me to be sober too. Just got to meet more local people who have a little more softer approach.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the womens only meeting works out Angie

D
Old 02-11-2018, 05:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I hope the meeting works out well for you Angie!
Old 02-24-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Been dealing with depression the last few days. I won’t have Alex this weekend. It was very bad last night and this morning. Thoughts of drinking came up but honestly not strong urges, easy to get through. I’ll be 9 months sober this coming week. So, I got up from the bed that I had planned to stay in all day and took a long shower then went out to see a movie, Game night, which was very funny. I’m back home, watching tv and going to clean up the living room which will make me feel better too. I’ve just got to keep my mind occupied and be productive instead of letting the depression consume me like it has so many times.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you can plan a fulfilling weekend Angie
congratulations on your upcoming milestone

D
Old 02-25-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

How did the living room-cleaning go love?
And hey.....proud of you girl....getting yourself up and going to see a movie (which I am dying to see and so glad it is good ) is AWESOME!!!!!

Always here for you honey.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Also.....in my opinion, your way of handling your depression is just so good....exactly what my psychiatrist suggested I do years ago when I had major depression....gosh it's hard to get out of that bed, but boy did you empower yourself. That is some kind of amazing....really.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on hitting nine months this week Angie!

Learning to get through depression without drinking is huge. It really does come down to keeping your mind occupied and not waking your AV.

You are rocking it, lady!
Old 03-03-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Having a craving for alcohol and I don’t know why. I’m now 9 months sober and if I drank, I don’t know when and if I could stop again. It would ruin my life. Already feeling better writing this. What sticks out in my mind is the last hangover I had then I went into inpatient psych care. I thought I’d die, it was so bad, that hangover and I’m very lucky to still be alive although at the time I didn’t want to live. I have people in my life that need me and need me to be well. I want to watch my son grow up to be happy and well adjusted. He doesn’t need an active alcoholic mother. Life isn’t perfect but it’s so much better now. Ok, I think the urge has left but I’m going to post this anyway. Sorry everyone. I’m okay.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

So very happy that you posted, Angie!

Ah, the magic of SR!!!

So very proud of you, sweet Angie!
Old 03-03-2018, 07:53 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angie247 View Post
Hi everyone. Having a craving for alcohol and I don’t know why. I’m now 9 months sober and if I drank, I don’t know when and if I could stop again. It would ruin my life. Already feeling better writing this. What sticks out in my mind is the last hangover I had then I went into inpatient psych care. I thought I’d die, it was so bad, that hangover and I’m very lucky to still be alive although at the time I didn’t want to live. I have people in my life that need me and need me to be well. I want to watch my son grow up to be happy and well adjusted. He doesn’t need an active alcoholic mother. Life isn’t perfect but it’s so much better now. Ok, I think the urge has left but I’m going to post this anyway. Sorry everyone. I’m okay.
Ang ~ come back to the 24-hour thread love. There is daily support and a group of people who really care about you.....this stuff can be hard no matter how many months or years....it gets lonely sweetie....just wanting you to know the support is there for you....come get it.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Ang ~ come back to the 24-hour thread love. There is daily support and a group of people who really care about you.....this stuff can be hard no matter how many months or years....it gets lonely sweetie....just wanting you to know the support is there for you....come get it.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!