Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 01-14-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

3am so that means a new day!!! So it’s day 16 sad to think out of many years this is the longest I’ve been.... all that time I’ve wasted!!! I did about listen to my AV last night about moderate my drinking since I’ve been this long I must have some kind of self control so I should be able to control my drinking now!!! But I slept a little on it and nope I’m good I will say being here with you fine people makes it harder to give up which is a good thing
Hopefully everyone is doing okay thinking about y’all
Old 01-14-2018, 01:09 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good morning!
All is well here. Going to make some coffee.
I can't believe how fast these days are going. I finished my quilt so now I am looking for inspiration to start a Spring project.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day everyone

D
Old 01-14-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Glad I popped my head in December. Great reads here.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Read all the posts since going to bed.

My son just left to go back home. I have to admit, last night when we were all having family games together, I found myself thinking about how well a drink would go down about then. Then I just thought about all the support I was getting and the thoughts went away. Whew! The thing that scared me was that I saw my son drinking the whiskey that he gave me for Christmas and I saw a lot of the same actions and characteristics that I had at that age. I guess all I can hope for is to now be an example for him to look up to. I hope.

On day 15 here. I keep looking at Nichole being 1 day ahead of Barbs and I and there's nothing I can do to catch her. Hope you always stay 1 day ahead! Keep going Nichole! Wait, I think Skrappy might be at 16 too. There's so many doing great, I lose track. I know there's some that are approaching a month, Magpie, Chloe? And then JT is just way out there at over 40! Canguy, sorry but I can't remember where you are? I'm operating with an older brain All the others, wait, Strawberry, you have to be close to 3 weeks. Maggie, I think another number way out there. Thinking about everyone. Looking forward to playoffs today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-14-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi Bob - CanGuy cheated and started in November!!!!!! LOL

He leads the pack in terms of days and I hope he does so forever.

Regards,

JT
Old 01-14-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Well, it’s morning here where I am anyways. Spent the last hour talking to my son, learning about his mindful martial arts class and all the skills and technics they’ve taught him. Amazing stuff out there for kids these days. Sure beats a (previously) typical Sunday of not wanting to get out of bed because my head is pounding. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Emme-How are you doing?
Old 01-14-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Bob, thanks for asking about me. I was reading posts and typing a response when you posted

Thanks ChickChick, Nichole, Dee, Strawberry, Magpie, canguy, bobdrop and everyone else, I really appreciate all of your support, it helped me get through so thank you

Nichole, I'm glad you made it through last night. Congrats on day 16! I agree that being in this class does make it harder to give up. Whenever I think about drinking, I think about not wanting to fail the people in this class.

I enjoyed your story about your son Bob, thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday, and congrats on two weeks!

Congrats on 28 days Magpie & ChloeRose!

ChloeRose I love quilts and I want to make one one day. I don't know how to do it, but there are classes at the community college and it's one of my goals.

Enjoy the party today Strawberry

Day 42
Everything went as good as could be expected on Friday. It was hard, but it went well. After the service, we went over to my Dad's and took some pictures since we were all dressed up, then we changed our clothes and ordered one of my mom's favorite pizzas and relaxed.

My brother, dad, and my sister in law's sister were drinking beer and I really wanted to. I just kept thinking about not wanted to mess up my days, and not wanting to fail this class, and thinking about how I would feel when I woke up the next morning and the disappointment and self hate, and I'm grateful that I didn't. This is the most days I've had since my June 2015 class and I want to keep it going.

Thanks everyone for being here and your posts, you all help keep me motivated.

I hope everyone has a good day~
Old 01-14-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Emme, and glad you made it through. I'm sure it was tough.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Day 20

Bobdrop- I worry too when watching some of my friends and family drink now. I hoping they'll see how much better I'm doing and want to make some changes too.

Maggiej- It sounds like you had a great time with your son. That's awesome.

Emme- I can't imagine how hard that must've been. I'm happy you're still here with us.

I had such a good time last night at the Birthday celebration and I didn't drink. It's a load off. I was nervous about how this would go with everyone drinking but me. I had one urge to drink but I just went and danced to the band until it passed. It's so nice to remember everything and not have a blazing hangover today too.
I hope all is well with everyone. 💙
Old 01-14-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Morning all.. just letting you know I'm still here, hard to use my phone to reply as it's buggy as hell.. will post tonight with a more in depth reply.. Day 31 thou!
Old 01-14-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Weekend negotiated by us all (I think - yes?)

Well done crew.

See you in the morning.

JT
Old 01-14-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Monday morning checkin. Life back to routine and get back into the projects. Learning to use a prog. called Dreamweaver to make web sites. Its complex. There is no manual. Couldn't do it hungover. Day 50 today.

All the best for the week everybody.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

It' been a tough day today. I almost had a drink several different times. Still trying to ride this out. Reading here on SR til it passes.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi Decemberites! Sorry for not being too active lately, quite a crazy time in my life at the moment. I'm on day 25! I really can't believe I've made it this far. Friday is going to be my biggest test yet but I'm going to make a plan because I don't want to end up back at day 1.

Congrats to everyone on staying sober and all the milestones! CR, canguy, JT, Emme, bobdrop, Juno, Nichole, Strawberry, Maggie, Skrappy, Barbs, ChickChick, Magpie, Red and anyone I've missed your posts have been a huge part of keeping me sober for 25 days thank you so much!
Old 01-14-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay with us guys - its worth it

D
Old 01-14-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I just might be here all night. I have no desire to start back at day 1 again
Old 01-14-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

there will be others, like me, around Barbs

D
Old 01-14-2018, 08:45 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbs View Post
Thanks Dee. I just might be here all night. I have no desire to start back at day 1 again
Make a nice sweet hot choc and watch a funny movie ! Don't make tomorrow day 1 you know it's not worth it! You have got so far!!!! Big hug!