Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 5

Old 01-01-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

What a lazy day I've had, after all the excitement of my Grandson's party yesterday and with going back to work tomorrow I needed some relaxation time. The party was brilliant and the wee guy was amazing. He just loves being in amongst everything, I hate to go on about how amazing he is but I do anyway.

Speaking of amazing, Snuf, well done you! It takes real guts to do what you did today, please keep going back. I am sure they didn't think you were rude and will have known how nervous you were. You don't have to be a different person, you are you,. Stop being so hard on yourself! You are great and you deserve good things in your life.

So all of the excitement of Christmas and New Year and Amazing Grandson's first birthday party are behind us. It's into the New Year for us class, whatever it takes, sober is the way to go!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats Snufkin on going to the meeting! I haven't been to one in a while, but I'm still antisocial when I do go. I'm sure they understand.....Awesome job today!

Well, we made it through the crap! (Errr, uhhh, I mean the wonderful holidays!)

Old 01-01-2018, 08:35 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Happy 2018

I don’t write much but still hanging around and excited for this year! Love this group
Old 01-01-2018, 10:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Mr

Hey Mando.
Happy 2018 to you.
Its great to have you in the group.
Dont hesitate to write - feel free. It helps (well it helps me anyway)

Way to go Snuf.

Byebye holiday season

Im in work so i better start doing some

See you guys later.
V.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:54 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey Mando, happy 2018 to you too! Off to work, I am the only person I know that goes back today sigh, at least the roads will be quiet. Have a great day everyone
Old 01-02-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Mando

Enjoy the day guys

D
Old 01-02-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Well there were plenty of hungover people at work yesterday, so glad not to be one of them. How are you getting on with your friend snufkin? Have a great Wednesday people.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Lily, first of all thank you so much for your kind words earlier, they really gave me strength. I’m having a great time with my friend, although she is drinking everywhere we go - in a cinema, on a bus, you name it, and my fridge is now full of beer. I’m less tempted than I thought I would be - every time I feel like a drink, I play the tape forward, and I don’t know... I just don’t want to live this crappy drunken life anymore. Today we were planning to go to Inverness and then to Loch Ness, but we slept in So I have to think of something else to do now

Hey Mando, it’s great to have you here

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-03-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Went to Cheltenham Panto yesterday (not where I live). Very good show, especially a clown called Tweedy.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Heya sober crew,

Doesn't seem like midweek--even knowing full well about the holidays. Tons of stuff to do and I have a couple of days to knock it all out :o

Anyway, it's amazing to see how some familiar memories can act as triggers. I haven't really had a bona fide craving since my sobriety date and wow, today when listening to a fave song of mine from my days in the military I could almost taste rum and coke. Gah! Strange that this happened right after drinking a sugary soda (no bueno for the diet) too. Anyway, glad I was able to be mindful of that craving and ride it out. Sometimes things like that are helpful to let us know how far I've come.

Anyway....everyone keep on keeping on

T.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good work on beating that craving, Toddman.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Snufkin - stay strong. I am very impressed with how you're handling yourself with your friend's drinking but try not to push yourself beyond your limits.

Toddman - nice work. I know how strong nostalgia for alcohol memories can be.

I have five months sober today! I have some mixed feelings about that because I have taken Vicodin on and off for rheumatoid arthritis pain. When the flares are really bad, it's needed. But... I've stayed away from booze and that's been an accomplishment. Thanks for all your support everyone.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

I use pain killers as directed, and as required, for my chronic pain, leana.
I have no qualms with my sober date

D
Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks for your response Dee! That makes me feel better.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Leanabeana - 5 months is a fantastic accomplishment. Be encouraged. Ditto to what Mr. D said. Your sobriety date is static; you've demonstrated the growth and resolve that inspires us. Keep staying positive..

VMan - where for art thou, sir? Oh wait, it's the middle of the night in France.

Snufkin- wow, sounds like you've managed extremely well given the temptation. I hope your friend sees how much strength and composure your sober self has. This will only make you stronger indeed

To all the other folks (UK contingent as well) hope you guys have an excellent evening (or early morning as it were)

Old 01-03-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Snufkin ~ so awesome that you're able to abstain while enjoying time with your friend! Major kudos ~ I can't say I'd be able to do that at this point....

Congrats Leana on 5 months!

Good to see you all! Thanks for being here
Old 01-04-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Well done on your 5 months leana! Snufkin, well done too, it can't be easy but I will say the one thing I could always resist was beer, it's disgusting lol

Toddman, it's funny how that can just hit you like that out of the blue, isn't it? Well down for resisting. Dec, glad you enjoyed the panto. Purps, good to see you too. Vinny, hope you're doing okay pal and just too busy to post. Drop in and let us know how you are.

Day off for me today, spending it with my favourite wee guy. According to the forecast now that storm Eleanor is over we will have really low temps over the weekend. Saying maybe minus ten here in Scotland I hope not because I want to be out and about, being cooped up triggers drinking thoughts for me usually. Must dig deep into the toolkit for that! Have a great day everyone x
Old 01-04-2018, 10:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilymaz View Post
being cooped up triggers drinking thoughts for me usually. Must dig deep into the toolkit for that!
So true for me as well
Old 01-04-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for anyone snowed in - take care.

D
Old 01-04-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

This bomb cyclone is crazy! However, I saw a great photo gallery of dogs having fun in the snow. It was awesome. I consider cute animal photos/videos to be an integral part of my recovery.