Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 12-27-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting, hns....just remember we don't lose those sober days. Let's dust ourselves off and start racking 'em up again!

Thanks again everyone for your support
Old 12-27-2017, 11:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry Purps...... like you said, dust yourself off and get back in the game. Sobriety is worth it.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Septs, I haven't been by for a while, but I want to wish everyone, including THE BADGE, happy holidays.
This is my second sober Christmas. It's hard, but not really. Once you have the mindset that YOU. DON'T. DRINK, the rest is easy. People get the message and stop trying to get you to drink poison. If it means you have to be a little short or sharp with someone if they don't get the message, so be it. Sobriety has to come first. It's the ultimate deferred gratification. The feeling of satisfaction and pride the next day knowing that you stayed sober is better than any cheap high from drinking ever could be. We all remember what the sensation of drinking or being drunk feels like, and frankly it's not that great. Certainly not worth ruining your life over.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was really sad to read about the relapses Purps and HNS. Please keep posting here and don’t slip back into regular drinking. It’s such a miserable way to live.

I’m well. Back into exercising regularly and just trying to to enjoy time with my family and stuff over the holidays. I’m scaling back the therapy to once a month from January, which represents some progress, but I can always step it up again if I need it. Other than that I’ve been keeping a journal and doing different exercises in that. It’s actually been a pretty good supplement to the therapy. And lots of time reading and posting on SR😁

Anyway, day115 for me.

Love to everyone on the thread.

Ps. Glad to hear from you outonthetiles🙂
Old 12-28-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the relapses Purps and hns, it's good to see you two come back to post.

The Holidays have not been easy and going into January has me stressed. Been sick the past 2 weeks so that's helped during this time with the drinking temptations, but holding me back with things I have to do. Anger and anxiety came back today in full force.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That’s tough with the anger and anxiety neo. It’s a real process isn’t it? It might sound trite but I’ve found being grateful helps. I write the things I’m grateful for in my journal. It’s hard at times, but I’m trying to make it a habit as it helps me deal better with frustration. Take care.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

thank you and good to hear from you Outonthetiles! Good post also, staying sober, top priority for sure!

Badge
Old 12-28-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stronger2017 View Post
That’s tough with the anger and anxiety neo. It’s a real process isn’t it? It might sound trite but I’ve found being grateful helps. I write the things I’m grateful for in my journal. It’s hard at times, but I’m trying to make it a habit as it helps me deal better with frustration. Take care.
Been meaning to do this in a journal for awhile stronger. Thank you, I need to follow through with that.

Went to the docs and turns out I have Pneumonia, so looking like I'm gonna have to give quitting smoking a try. Rough year, and wasn't quite ready for that yet. That said I am definitely looking forward to a new one. 2018 sounds so much better to me.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Purpl and hns I'm so proud of you guys for coming back. That takes a huge amount of strength. As was said before, those sober days were not for nothing.
Neo, I'm really glad you're still here.
Outonthetiles, thanks for checking back in with your Sept buddies! I've missed your posts.
I've been so crazy busy with work I haven't stopped in for a few days, but I'm still on the sober train. It really is getting better - I can easily meet up with friends who are drinking and not be tempted. The days are so long right now; there was still light in the sky at 9:45pm last night! It's too warm and beautiful NOT to be out amongst it. We sat in a beer garden and ate some wood fired pizza for dinner. Friends had beer, I had soda and lime. It was great. I didn't feel I was missing anything at all. Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon neo

Happy New Year to everyone

D
Old 12-30-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!

Kachal, I am glad you are doing well and things are getting easier! Happy New Year!

Anyone have any advice for quitting smoking? Or know any threads here by any chance?
Old 12-30-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Also wanted to say...

Thank you to everyone on this board, this has been a very rough and lonely year for me. There is no doubt that my sobriety is in a far better position and I plan to keep moving forward. Obstacles keep coming and this has been a crucial place for me to come for support. Thank you to everyone on this board for sharing their stories, listening to my redundant rants and for reaching out. Every reply and post has made a difference and I admire you all for your determination, choosing to quit and honesty. I have loved being part of this class and look forward to continuing. Thank you all for sharing!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's an entire smoking forum neo

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nicotine-smoking/
Old 12-30-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

SR is most excellent✌️ Happy New Year September class🎉
Old 12-30-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Old 12-30-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Neo, right back 'atcha. This space, and in particular this class, has been the reason I have made it so far. That determination you mention, yours is so strong Neo! You're still here, despite all and I am so glad to see your name when you post. I have been lucky enough to avoid the crippling anxiety that is all too common with heavy drinking - but it hasn't been a walk in the park for me either. I have really done some nerve damage- my feet are so painful I can hardly walk some days, particularly in the mornings. At night they burn up so hot I sleep with them on an ice pack and can hardly feel the cold of it. I hoped that 4 months in, I would see some improvement on that, but not so far. I remain positive though, and would have been in a much worse state if I was still drinking. Happy New Year class, I hope 2018 remains a sober one for all.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope 2018 is great for all of us

D
Old 12-30-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you Kachal, it's great to always see your posts as well. As always thank you for the support and kindness. I hope 2018 brings you the best!
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There's an entire smoking forum neo

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nicotine-smoking/
Perfect, thank you Dee!
Old 12-31-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is enjoying their New Year's Eve/Day....I'm done with work for the day; I work tomorrow, but not 'til noon so I can sleep in a little bit. Just relaxing for the evening w/ my SR family
Old 12-31-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I’m well Purplrks3647. Enjoy your rest 😀