Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-31-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Congrats and Happy Sober Birthday to all Septemberites still here and sober!!

Super proud of all of you, it is not an easy road lots of pot holes, but you did it!!

Badge
Old 09-02-2018, 01:38 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Just a message for Stronger2017 who doesn’t allow private messages.

Thank you for all your lovely posts in the April 2018 thread when I relapsed. I’ve only just seen them. It was very, very kind of you. Congratulations on having nearly 1 year now. You’re an inspiration.

JT
Old 09-04-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Thanks all for my congratulations 😀 Never honestly imagined being able to hit such a giant milestone. Here’s to all the forth coming September celebrations!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Stronger - you're a day ahead of me as always so it's one year for you today! Congratulations! And to you too dear Squiz, a year is amazing.
It's mine tomorrow. A whole year.

I'm back from my overseas holiday, and while my sobriety survived, my 14 year long relationship didn't. It's ok, and we're ok. To be honest, we turned into friends more than partners quite a long time ago. I think being sober gave me the courage to finally act on that. It was all too easy to just cruise; we live well together, we like a lot of the same things, we like each other, we own a house, a business together, it was easier to stay put than to shake all that up. Especially when I was busy being drunk. But it's time now.

The last year has taught me so much, and I have changed so much, and continue to change so much. There is still so much to go - I haven't significantly changed my friendship circle - my old drinking friends are still my friends, I just hardly see them. It's been a year of a lot of solitude. The first few months especially. This class was my lifeline to the world in those early months. Now that I'm not tied to this city (or at least in a few months when we sell our house / business) I could go anywhere. I could travel, I could relocate, I could work anywhere in the world. It's an exciting time. I honestly have no idea what I'll do.

I hope you're all well - congratulations for making it this far, I'm proud of all of us.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Thanks for the nice message JT🙏 Also, nice job on the sober time mate!

Today’s actually my 1 year anniversary😊 I dunno about everyone else, but getting and staying sober is still sometimes really tough. The rewards, however, make it so worth it. I should never forget that.

Thanks to everyone on the thread and onwards to year 2!
Old 09-18-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hey hey, what's up guys????

I haven't been on here in months, but today is the day: 1 year sober!

It's so good to see how many of you are still here! I just posted My Story in the 1-year thread and it's gotten me all emotional.

I'm so proud of us!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:18 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hey Leeloo, Stronger and Kachal! So glad to see you guys ~ One Year Soberversary ~ How terrific!!!
Congratulations!
Old 09-19-2018, 02:05 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
Hey hey, what's up guys????

I haven't been on here in months, but today is the day: 1 year sober!

It's so good to see how many of you are still here! I just posted My Story in the 1-year thread and it's gotten me all emotional.

I'm so proud of us!

That’s great Leeloo! I just read your story - I’d forgotten all about your crcocheting🙂

All the best in year 2💪
Old 09-19-2018, 02:05 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hey Leeloo, Stronger and Kachal! So glad to see you guys ~ One Year Soberversary ~ How terrific!!!
Congratulations!
Thanks purps😊
Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

My 1 year was on the 8th and I'm surprised how fast it's gone by. Life is going well and I've finished all my counseling sessions as a result of my DWI.

I really wish I had taken my drinking problems more seriously before it got me into (another) boatload of trouble. I knew I had a serious problem but chose to just ride it out. Played silly games , won silly prizes. Not really any overwhelming thoughts of drinking but I know how to deal with it when it starts creeping.

These monthly anniversary threads are such a cool idea. The thought of X number of people deciding at (roughly) the same time a year ago to make, what for us, is a huge decision to better themselves is a really inspiring feeling of community. I hope everyone continues on this path we're on together and comes out of it stronger and healthier. Best wishes to everyone.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Congrats on your first year Soberversary Ramius!
Old 09-19-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Ramius - and congrats again Stronger

D
Old 10-02-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I stopped by to read all the success stories, congrats yall to 1 year!!!! Way to be
Old 11-17-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hi class, we're all not here much any more but I hope you're all doing well. At around the one year mark, my 14 year relationship ended. It's still ending really - our house that we've lived in for the last ten years goes up for sale next week. We've stayed living together in the meantime (I moved into the spare room) and for the most part that has been fine, if a little weird at times. Packing it down and styling it for sale this week was a much more emotional process than I anticipated. I haven't been tempted to drink during this time, but just wanted to check in.
I hope you're all well.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kachal View Post
Hi class, we're all not here much any more but I hope you're all doing well. At around the one year mark, my 14 year relationship ended. It's still ending really - our house that we've lived in for the last ten years goes up for sale next week. We've stayed living together in the meantime (I moved into the spare room) and for the most part that has been fine, if a little weird at times. Packing it down and styling it for sale this week was a much more emotional process than I anticipated. I haven't been tempted to drink during this time, but just wanted to check in.
I hope you're all well.
Hi Kachal, I just got an email about your message and wanted to respond. I’m sorry to hear about your relationship ending but I’m really proud of you for not drinking over it. Alcohol never solves a problem.

I’m ok. A little busy trying to meet some deadlines with work at the moment but I’m looking forward to Christmas and a bit of a rest. My sobriety is alright too. Lately I’ve found thoughts of booze to be fleeting at most and some days I genuinely don’t think about it all.

Take care, Kachal. And please try to post an update about your situation when you can

Stronger
Old 11-29-2018, 11:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hey Stronger, thanks for the kind words - it's great to hear you are still going strong. (hehe)

The house is now on the market - my ex has moved out but I'm still living here in this weird staged showroom of a house. Not touching anything or making a mess between home opens. The housing market in my small city is still pretty hot so it shouldn't take long to sell - the limbo is agonising though. I'm not drinking, not even considering it.

I hope classmates, that you're still doing well.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Kachal. I just realized I was 15 months sober as of yesterday.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Congrats you guys!
Old 12-04-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Kachal - and sorry I missed your post.

Congrats to you and stronger on your sober time - you too Purps!

D
Old 12-04-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Congrats you guys!
Thanks purps How's it going with you at the moment?

Cheers for the congrats too, Dee.