SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 43 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/420120-class-october-2014-part-43-a.html)

SoberLeigh 12-23-2017 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Arbor (Post 6719446)
Yes, they are. Thanks for asking. They were off the walls today. That and the sugar makes for a long day. :)

How well I remember!

SoberLeigh 12-23-2017 06:38 PM

Goodnight, all.

Sweet dreams!

SoberLeigh 12-23-2017 06:38 PM

Have a very fine day, Dee!

SoberLeigh 12-23-2017 06:39 PM

:Xmasmcb, all.

Briar 12-23-2017 06:48 PM

Oh man, the sugar buzz turns mine into a sassy teenager. She's had some moments of un-Santa-worthy behavior. I think she's pretty impatient for Christmas Day to get here, which I understand. I was a kid once.

I finally finished all of my time sensitive crochet projects, and I'm so glad to be free! I don't give crochet as gifts very often because I'm aware most people don't actually want that stuff. But I did make my brother's girlfriend a beanie because she collects them. I also made a friend a scarf that I genuinely believe she will appreciate. The other thing I had to finish was a horribly tacky sweater dress for the family party tomorrow. It looks like a wall of your mom's pot holders. It's atrocious, and I'm quite pleased with it.

I'm trying to look forward to the next couple of days, but it's hard when I'm depressed. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible. I'm not making my lemon pie this year because just making the shopping list for the ingredients was overwhelming and gave me a panic. So screw it, I told my brother to bring dessert. I used to put so much pressure on myself to do everything the same way regardless of my mental status, and I absolutely used alcohol to power through situations like this. Now, I'm going to have to adjust things, and everyone has to compromise a bit. They don't mind as much as I always feared they would.

SoberLeigh 12-23-2017 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6719482)
Oh man, the sugar buzz turns mine into a sassy teenager. She's had some moments of un-Santa-worthy behavior. I think she's pretty impatient for Christmas Day to get here, which I understand. I was a kid once.

I finally finished all of my time sensitive crochet projects, and I'm so glad to be free! I don't give crochet as gifts very often because I'm aware most people don't actually want that stuff. But I did make my brother's girlfriend a beanie because she collects them. I also made a friend a scarf that I genuinely believe she will appreciate. The other thing I had to finish was a horribly tacky sweater dress for the family party tomorrow. It looks like a wall of your mom's pot holders. It's atrocious, and I'm quite pleased with it.

I'm trying to look forward to the next couple of days, but it's hard when I'm depressed. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible. I'm not making my lemon pie this year because just making the shopping list for the ingredients was overwhelming and gave me a panic. So screw it, I told my brother to bring dessert. I used to put so much pressure on myself to do everything the same way regardless of my mental status, and I absolutely used alcohol to power through situations like this. Now, I'm going to have to adjust things, and everyone has to compromise a bit. They don't mind as much as I always feared they would.

A wall of your Mom's potholders - I can just see it now, Briar!!!!!

Do whatever makes you comfortable, Briar. A happy Briar is a gift beyond measure to your family.

Mark1014 12-23-2017 07:25 PM

Goodnight Leigh.:)

Not being very crochet savvy, I'm having a hard time getting my mind around that dress Briar but I'm glad you're pleased with it! I do remember (barely) a macrame craze I think in the later 70s.

It's nice to hear that y'all's kiddos are all excited about Santa! Fun memories in the making. This year I have absolutely zero holiday spirit....more an observation than a complaint. Just not feeling it, but the girls are and that's good enough for me. ;)

Tomorrow night we host my MIL as well as wife's brother and his wife. Gumbo for the meal I hear. Christmas Day we go to my mom's and gather with my two siblings and their families. Lots of good food all around.

Past my bedtime here, nite all!

venuscat 12-23-2017 07:29 PM

Really glad to hear that you are taking care of you dear Briar. :hug:

Too tired to talk tonight....love to everyone. ♥

SoberLeigh 12-23-2017 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6719544)
Really glad to hear that you are taking care of you dear Briar. :hug:

Too tired to talk tonight....love to everyone. ♥

Love to you, Suze.

Sleep well, dear one.

SoberLeigh 12-23-2017 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mark1014 (Post 6719542)
Goodnight Leigh.:)

Not being very crochet savvy, I'm having a hard time getting my mind around that dress Briar but I'm glad you're pleased with it! I do remember (barely) a macrame craze I think in the later 70s.

It's nice to hear that y'all's kiddos are all excited about Santa! Fun memories in the making. This year I have absolutely zero holiday spirit....more an observation than a complaint. Just not feeling it, but the girls are and that's good enough for me. ;)

Tomorrow night we host my MIL as well as wife's brother and his wife. Gumbo for the meal I hear. Christmas Day we go to my mom's and gather with my two siblings and their families. Lots of good food all around.

Past my bedtime here, nite all!

Macramé was fun!!!!!!!

Nighty-night, Mark!

Briar 12-23-2017 10:19 PM

I only crochet, but I've seen some pretty impressive macrame.

SoberLeigh 12-24-2017 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6719626)
I only crochet, but I've seen some pretty impressive macrame.

Macramé is so cool! I used to make some neat things!!!!

Mark1014 12-24-2017 06:37 AM

I did a latch hook thing once. I think that came along right after macrame.

Well I slept for 12 hours. What's up with that!? I'm looking forward to this evening. We don't post about it as much anymore, but I'm so thankful to be sober for it all.

I hope everyone with little ones found their stockings to hang! Santa's loading up and heading out pretty soon!

So what's for breakfast around here........

SoberLeigh 12-24-2017 08:47 AM

:Xmasob

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town

SoberLeigh 12-24-2017 08:48 AM

Good morning, all.

Sweet dreams, Dee.

SoberLeigh 12-24-2017 08:50 AM

May we all find lasting Love, Peace and Harmony under the tree

SoberLeigh 12-24-2017 08:50 AM

A Most Joyous and Blessed Christmas for all.

:Xmassla

SoberLeigh 12-24-2017 08:51 AM

Sobriety

Rocks

Arbor 12-24-2017 12:24 PM

Sobriety does rock, Leigh. Especially during the holidays. High stress...drinking makes HIGH stress situations even more HIGH stress, even deadly. No thanks. I’ll drink my seltzer.

Arbor 12-24-2017 01:01 PM

Well, that and I’ll eat my kids PEZ...

https://s14.postimg.org/4bvuj28wt/1_...0_CC1175_E.jpg