Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 322

Old 12-03-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Day 3, they are starting to add up again.
24 more please!
Old 12-03-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

7 Months!

Thank you Suze, JSM, Tomls, Jenuk, Dee, Jo, Nic & Delilah! And to every single member of this site because without YOU, I wouldn't be here.

I am so proud of myself for being here today- for being sober and for choosing to LOVE myself for once and for all. Is my life better, easier, less challenging? Yes and no. I don't have the self hate, physical pain of hangovers, shame, and anger that comes with drinking. But man, life is still messy, complicated and I'm still crying a lot. However the awful mood swings that come with early sobriety are easing up a bit. I had a good week last week but a pretty bad week this week. However, it's better than the daily ups and downs I was feeling this summer.

We are having a very hard time with our 6 year old. He has me in tears just about every day and his behavior is both alarming and disheartening. We met with his therapist on Wednesday and Monday will be his first true appointment with her, without me in the room (play therapy.) I never in a million years thought my sweet, adorable little boy would have so many emotional problems and yet here we are. I am working so hard on not reacting to his madness but my God it is hard. I have started whispering instead of yelling when I feel my blood pressure rising- today will be day #2 of this personal challenge and I'm hoping with time it will become second nature.

We are going to get our Xmas tree today- looking forward to that

I had another drinking dream, and a dream about my toxic ex- he keeps popping up lately so I think there's some baggage that needs clearing. I woke up with a splitting headache too so I'm wondering if the headache caused the dream? It's all so weird.

I bought a book a couple years ago called The Emotion Code- it's all about releasing trapped emotions. I never committed to doing it but I heard a podcast about it lately (check out Your High Vibration Life in iTunes and The Emotion Code episode) and I am ready to dig out the book again and try. I am convinced I have a lot of anger trapped in my body and I want to find a way to release it and move forward.

I have started doing Kundalini Yoga again and walking meditations. I also bought some pastel pencils the other day AND I have started looking for part time work. It's time to get out of this house and do something for ME regardless of how scary that seems right now. My therapist recommends it as does my husband and I know that I am not happy being a stay at home parent.

So much going on it seems- Despite all the chaos I am sober. I am in tears right now thinking about how all it took was getting through one day at a timejust to get to this point. If I could just help those struggling get through one more day, it makes all the difference in the world. Suddenly you look back and POOF- it's been 7 months since you poisoned yourself and look at how amazing that feels!

I am a bit overwhelmed this morning. I wish I could share this day with my husband or family but they do not know my sobriety date. I did tell my Mom I stopped drinking and she is proud of me but I did not get into details about it. My husband has never asked me my sobriety date. Anyway, this is all irrelevant because I have all of YOU to share my feelings and pride with.

THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU - I would not be here with you.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Oh, if you do a search on Google you can also download the book/audiobook or ebook for free! Search for The Emotion Code Offer.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:56am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!
Old 12-03-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24!
Old 12-03-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Just thinking about how so many people from so many places and different walks of life, come on here daily and show love and support to one another. Makes me feel happy, humble, and blessed to be “virtually” walking this journey with each and everyone one of you. 7:10 am and 24 more for this Pennsylvania boy!💜
Old 12-03-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

London, 12.22 - in for 24.

A good feeling to know that drinking, and its repercussions, is one thing I won't have to worry about today.

Keep up the epic work, people
Old 12-03-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Good morning all! It's 7:25am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me plz & thx!
Old 12-03-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

24 more of being fully present for the hard and the soft.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

In for a sober Sunday.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"It can feel scary to make a big decision knowing that the future is uncertain, but we can't panic and obsess our way to clarity. Sometimes we simply need to get out of our head and give our heart some space to find the answer."

5:55am in Alberta, it's going to be a darn good day not to drink!

24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks....
Old 12-03-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaneK View Post
Dad’s funeral was today. Lots of his old friends and loads of my relatives came in town to pay respects. It’s great to see everybody. Still, it’s a hard to say goodbye. I miss him like crazy.

24 more.
Uplifting you and your family in prayer, Dane.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Sunday Blessings!

24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to todays Milestoners!!

Congrats to those sober today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling. Prayers for Dane.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please!

Thanks
Old 12-03-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
December 3, 2017

Sunflowerlife ~ 7 months!

CONGRATULATIONS Sunflowerlife!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Thank you!
I feel like I am on the verge of finally getting this right.
This is your day, ChickChick! You got it!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
9:14 and checking in for another 24. I spent most of the day baragain shopping with my girls. We went to the Princess Project sale and bought six dresses, for $30, it was a lot of fun. Then to Bath and Body Works for the annual $8.95 candle sale (although they used to be $8), which allowed me to check several people off my list. We then headed to Target and got Jammie's for my nieces, a white elephant gift for work, and for my daughter's gift exchange, and we had a 20% off coupon there! I have bought a few things online, and after today I'm close to done with my holiday shopping, I need to start the wrapping part, and think I am going to go to the dollar store tomorrow to get a bunch of bags for the candles.

Okay, enough of my babbling, congrats to all celebrating a milestone today!! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

❤️Delilah (aka Bargain Shopper)
GOOD Going Delilah! Would you like to shop for me?! lol.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vinificent View Post
Zero dark 51 EST and another 24 for me!
Honestly getting worn out on this holiday seaseason already...feel like I keep getting in situations that really test my resolve. I haven't caved but it's really been a struggle. Gonna start looking into maybe a sober retreat. Congrats to all of you who seem to be handling and enjoying the holidays.
Take time for prayer and meditation and REST. See like minded friends for a lunch out. Eat well, drink pure water and be gentle on yourself.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Morning all! Another lovely day fingers crossed. We're all off to watch Hannah play netball this morning. Crunch match to get them back to the too of the league. Go Giants!
Then it's put the Christmas tree up coupled with some revision and a nice roast dinner and later off to see Paddington 2. Hurrah!
Okay I admit! I'm I heaven!
Love you guys 24 more please xxxxxxx
Sounds like a lovely day, Jo! Enjoy it!