Notices

One Year & Over Part 56

Old 12-31-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots,
Hope your hubs and his mom both get better. Maggie hides from noises and seems shy then someone knocks on the door and she becomes a snarling maniac and seems aggressive. Then when I open the door she runs to the nearest person and waits for a pet. She is a wuss. But I am not going to try to extinguish that fake aggressive behavior. Both our dogs love others and are loving generous pups. Attitudes travel up and down the leash.

Andy,
Watch that DHMO as taking too much can cause increasing kidney functioning.

Mags,
Be well. I am careful not to indulge in too much DHMO. It can cross through the body cell walls and go straight to their nucleii. Reflexology sounds worth trying. Let us know.

FBL,
Dang! It will be a humid teens here tonight they say. LIke Andy I was in -20 some odd dgrees in the Springs in 1978 or 79, when my mustache formed icicles from breathing.
Excerpt:
"In just six states, besides Alaska, have temperatures officially reached into the minus 60s Fahrenheit (below -51 °C).

These states with Alaskan-style cold are Colorado, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming. Another 11 states have had temperatures drop to at least minus 50 °F." Source:
https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...mperatures.php

Sassy,
I rarely get sick at all. My SH will have more stomach bugs where I have none or a little gas at most. We did figure it out and I have gone at least twenty six years without a cold or flu. I had to be cornered in a single aisle regional jet with the aisle seat, and the coughing guy in the window seat. He was unable to stop. I just too Dayquil and Nyquil and most of the worse symptoms were reduced, especially coughing and runny nose and chills from fever. I take few medicines, those are modern miracles. I am staying in for the next week and recover in our comfortable cocoon. The locals are going out in the cold and blowing up and shooting fireworks. It is 7:30 pm so we will hear them for another few hours. Maggie ignores them where Skylar used to shiver in fear. I miss my old buddy. He was such a lovable huggy type of dog. Glad all the cats and kittens are doing well with all.

Hi Weaver! Nice to meet you.

Kris,
Good words for Babs.

Hey Suze!

Kris,
Thanks, I love garlic and eat it a lot cooked and raw and slightly toasted on Italian bread. The trouble with Rhinoviruses is that they are not bacteria that can be killed with antibiotics. Only a healthy immune system with recent antibodies against the type of virus can cause them to be defeated before they get established. I also forgot to take my 1000mg gummy vitamins and calcium that night and two more before I could get some. LOL! Kris

Dragon,
Sheesh! I can't do that low! I liked the coastal Alaska towns and if not for SAD we would live there. The water moderates temps so they aren't as bad as inland. Take care bud.

Toots,
We had a very white Christmas in Denver and even had a dusting here this morning in Lousyana!

Good for you FBL! Git R dun!

Happy you are happy and content FG!

Sorry IP,
I have to go through the whole thing but thanks, I will pop in when I get better more. Our plans are to stay in, turn on the big screen and cuddle until it is time to kiss in the New Year, and pop open that bottle of sparkling grape juice we have. She also has her scotch, rocks, water and lime. No problem. I shudder at the thought of the taste of it or beer. Mornings after 24 beers and three packs of smokes were shaking, painful, and noisy to say the least. I can't believe I lived through a decade of that kind of self abuse under the guise of indulgence.

Hey Suze!
A nice steak, a fire, and thou, is the recipe I use with my spousal unit. Although I go for Pizza when I am cooking. I love both Dean Koontz and Stephen Coonts.

Babs, helping them by listening makes us feel even better. I used to not hear much and just get ready for my turn but then stopped that. Big difference. And off the cuff or just passing are better than dwelling on me.

Rick,
Hey man, glad to hear you are doing well and all your ducks are in a row. I know about getting rid of the extraneous stuff. Good for you. We are starting to sell off everything we have not used in a year, and whatever we want to replace with new in Colorado. There is no way we can house hunt alone so we are just going to get rid of all we need to and then move to an apartment there for a few months to a year and be sure we find the gem many miss with realtors and fifty places all mixed up. We are both retired so we can take our time. However we always own our places and hate renting. But we always have to sell the old place first, and buy the new within a year I believe, or we take a big tax hit. I am happy you had a good year too! I already made a note to get a quad or keep my tractor. I restored an old one pics are in my album on my profile. I will likely sell the 50" zero turn Cub and see about one of the smaller ones. No more than 1 acre from now on. Shredding all the old files feels liberating. I have too much old military records and other stuff that needs to be gone. I envy you the Costa Rica trip. Man that sounds nice.

Gil,
Did you find any expired?

Carlos!
Great to see you hanging in here.

Dee,
So you guys are in the warm time now. Hope your Xmas was bright! THe Southern kids are out in freezing weather popping fireworks only rarely this year. Not like non-stop as usual when it is a bit warmer.

LDT a belated congrats on your five years!

Hey Wolf!
Thank you! I am just going to have to grin and bear it.

Andy,
I'm with Toots. If I miss a dose of my OTC Dayquil and Nyquil I can feel it all getting scratchy and runny again. We'll just have to wait it out. Remember me talking about how I never get sick?? MY kids are amazed as they are always sick and me never. Well coop me up with an infected one on a regional tiny jet for 2.5 hours and I guess that is what it takes.

You go FBL!

GHD!
Congrats on three years! Woo Hoo.

Andy,
I will, good Idea. I am GMT-6 I think, Central Time US.

Suze,
This:
"I like to tell my head to shut up, I actually say: "thanks for sharing" somewhat sarcastically when those pesky thoughts that tell me this can't possibly work pop up. My head has told me many lies over the years, I'm not interested in listening to the fear talk anymore."
Thanks for sharing.( Not sarcastic)
IP, listen to her.

PJ!

It's 9:30 here and we are watching the last half of a movie and then get mushy and kissy and smile too much. Love that SH o mine.

See y'all just after midnight.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Just under two hours to go here. Me and the family went to the book store, then out for an early supper, watched a movie & played cribbage. I haven't played cribbage in years. I had to be taught all over again.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Old 01-01-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Good read, Itch.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:02 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-57-a.html (One Year & Over Part 57)