Notices

One Year & Over Part 56

Old 12-20-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re okay, FBL.

I hope you get good news, Kris. I hope it feels better soon.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

The accident was pretty much my fault (even though it couldn't be avoided). I'm the one that ran into her. I'm just glad I switched my deductible from $500 to $250 several years ago. Not bad, considering the final bill will most likely be around $2,000.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi folks. I am okay in so far as dealing with life on it's own terms. Because my oldest son chose not to invite me to his wedding is his business- not mine. I cannot compete with memories. So I will keep doing what I do. I went into lock down this last week- plus migraines (?) and yes GP knows.
It still sucks.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Crap PJ....I am so sorry love.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

(((((Pj)))))

I hope you’re feeling better.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hang in there PJ, this too shall pass!
Old 12-20-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Pleased your ok, Fbl.

All th3 best for tomorrow Kris.
Hugs for you too, Mags. Feel better!
Old 12-20-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I’m glad you’re okay, FBL.

I hope you get good news, Kris. I hope it feels better soon.
Thanks, Gilmer. Hope all is well your way.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
The accident was pretty much my fault (even though it couldn't be avoided). I'm the one that ran into her. I'm just glad I switched my deductible from $500 to $250 several years ago. Not bad, considering the final bill will most likely be around $2,000.
Just glad you're ok.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way, PJ.

We can't change life but we can change our perspective. I've had to do some of that lately myself. Family. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck sometimes. (((J)))
Old 12-20-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sending big hugs PJ
Old 12-20-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on four years and five months Mags!

I didn't learn to swim until I was in my thirties. I took a couple of classes at the Y and got to the point that I can swim the length of a pool at least. I am very cautious in the ocean however.

Sorry things are so difficult PJ!

Enjoy your time off in your new neighborhood Inpar. Hopefully, it won't rain every day.

Glad you are ok FBL!

Have a good night all!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning & winter solstice overs (Hemisphere permitting)
Old 12-21-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Happy solstice.

FBL glad you are okay.

Kris good luck for your MRI results.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I swim like a fish have done since a toddler, I just happened to be in a situation where swimming could not get me out of it. I was fortunate. I remember as a child holding my breath in the bath for as long as I could. My brother walked in on me one day and seeing me floating face down, thought I had drowned. He dragged me out the bath screaming for help... I was just mortified he saw me in the raw! Taught me to lock the door and him to knock first! Haha

FBL glad it was no more than a shunt sweetie.

Dee, as long as it's only dancing... If he invites you to his place - don't go!!

Peej, your sons will continue to judge you on their experiences with you because they are not allowing themselves to meet the person you are now. They might never. I feel you should continue to put your recovery front and centre. If they ever let you back into their lives great, if not, well it bites, but it will be something else you need to suck up. I do feel for you, fortunately I've never lost anyone who matters due to my drinking or my sobriety. The ones I lost, never mattered.
Have a fortuitous Thursday one and all.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for all the kind words. Mad that the accident happened, but grateful that it wasn't worse.

Today we are going to the local Mexican restaurant for our company holiday lunch. Fran is looking forward to it very much. This is the day that the boss hands out the yearly bonus. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 12-21-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Babs, congrats on 1 year and 8 months!!!

FBL, glad you are ok! And I hope you get a nice bonus :-)

Kris, hugs and hoping you get good news.

(((PJ))). Life is hard and sometimes really sucks!

About the swimming ... it’s interesting how many of us had incidents. The two times I did I had no idea that so many others had similar experiences.

Have a happy winter solstice to all.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

My daughter could not handle public swimming lessons so we arranged for private lessons. With so many beach options around us, we thought it very important that the kids get at least basic swimming skills.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi all,
it is definitely strange that so many of us had close calls in the water!
Toots, that story from your childhood is hilarious, I can just picture the mayhem!
Speaking of brothers, my oldest was over last night for a few minutes. He really likes my new apartment....we seem to have finally reached a place of mutual respect, after MANY, MANY years of fighting and setting each other off.
I'm trying to decide if I should make the drive to Kelowna tomorrow. I haven't been back at Christmas in several years and am feeling the pressure, especially to see my Grandma who isn't doing well. A girlfriend is coming with me, she's from Hong Kong and has never been to the Okanagan and is very excited. We're staying with my cousin, and she's having a Christmas party for the family. Those are all the reasons I want to go. BUT, I just don't want to do the drive! It's over a mountain range, and can be pretty harrowing during the winter, there are so many accidents on it. I know how to drive in snow but it's the other drivers I worry about as well as the semi trucks who often get out of control and cause accidents. I just don't feel good about it, plus we'll be coming back on Christmas Eve which isn't great, traffic could be bad, or it could storm again high up, you just can't say. My brother said, just don't go, it's bad timing.
Anyway. We got snow here! But, as always happens here, it was snowy for about three hours then it turned to rain, then it melted and froze so now there's ice everywhere and it's dangerous to walk.
FBL I'm excited for Fran to get a bit of a party on. Hope the bonus is big! Accidents suck but at least it was minor.
PJ, I feel that your son will come around in time. Consider that weddings are a big deal and there were probably a lot of factors going into his decision that may not have even involved you...things are complicated. Just be patient and focus on you, love him from afar.
Oh Suze, yes I spent six months in Dunnsborough (sp.?) many years ago, I had an Aussie boyfriend for a couple of years actually! What a special place.
Thanks Stargazer! I am enjoying my time off IMMENSELY. I just love my new little home. I really feel that I will stay here for a long time, that I can just settle down in peace a bit and focus on things other than "getting by" you know? It has all that I need, and I love my neighbourhood, I can walk to whatever I want. My last several homes have felt very temporary. This place doesn't. It's good.
Any-hoo, hope everyone is feeling ready for Christmas!

Old 12-21-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't remember it at all Toots.
Sad to say that was not my only dance with the guy with the scythe lol

D
Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
I swim like a fish have done since a toddler, I just happened to be in a situation where swimming could not get me out of it. I was fortunate. I remember as a child holding my breath in the bath for as long as I could. My brother walked in on me one day and seeing me floating face down, thought I had drowned. He dragged me out the bath screaming for help... I was just mortified he saw me in the raw! Taught me to lock the door and him to knock first! Haha

FBL glad it was no more than a shunt sweetie.

Dee, as long as it's only dancing... If he invites you to his place - don't go!!

Peej, your sons will continue to judge you on their experiences with you because they are not allowing themselves to meet the person you are now. They might never. I feel you should continue to put your recovery front and centre. If they ever let you back into their lives great, if not, well it bites, but it will be something else you need to suck up. I do feel for you, fortunately I've never lost anyone who matters due to my drinking or my sobriety. The ones I lost, never mattered.
Have a fortuitous Thursday one and all.
Oh toots. You have a way with words girl....
(I love how you write )

And I honestly think your advice to PJ is the best advice anyone can ever be given...it is the same for me....my younger sister who has been/was my best friend all of my life is not interested in even wanting to know who I am now. She was actually in the States in September for some stupid hippie drugged-up festival in the dessert, and she wouldn't even come and see me. I offered to pay for the extra plane ticket and still nothing.

It hurts like heck. Every single day. And the anger is almost overwhelming.

Nick says it is her loss. But it is mine too.
I will survive it....I have so many people I love who want to love me back.