Notices

One Year & Over Part 56

Old 12-14-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning all, thank you for the support & well wishes.

Yesterday we started setting up our new bed & we almost finished but it started getting late so we kipped on the new mattress downstairs (it's still in protective plastic) we are now finishing making the bed not long to go until it's done

Have a nice day overs
Old 12-15-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey Wolfie, good to see you here, your MIL sounds like she has the best attitude. I hope you feel better soon, enjoy the knew bed. ( like Mags, I thought you got a new one not long back! )

Mags a telescope! My brother had one, I loved it. We have one now but I struggle to set it up to see anything. Thankfully we are too far from any neighbours for my hubbies interest to be misconstrued!)

Kris, be kind to yourself body, heart and soul love.

IP have you tried those plug ins for Harley? I've used them for my car and Molly in the past for house moves and stressful situations. They do seem to help. It does sound like you are enjoying the new home, I am really glad for you. I remember you staying alone in that place in the woods, remote and isolated, but I bet it was quiet!!

FBL, itchy, I think there comes a time in our lives when eating all that sh1t and feeling smug, catches up with us. I swear my body's metabolism altered when I quit smoking years back. I was so careful about what I ate and drank, but still put on loads of weight. I'm in a good place now physically. Can still do with dropping a few pounds, which I would if I completely cut the cr4p out my life, but hey, you Gotta have some treats right? I mean, God gave us the ability to make ice cream, cookies and chocolate ( occasionally all in the same tub) , so it would probably be sacriligeous or something not to eat it right?

Andy, thinking of you all today as you wait the results. I have everything crossed for Mrs Terrific. Give her a squeezy hug from me.

Ok folks, off to York for the weekend ( boy am I glad none of youse live near enough to burgularise me!) might only pop in intermittently. ( okay, which one of you jokers cheered?)
Old 12-15-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Do your best

We did Toots not that long ago but the quality wasn't all that.. Still it was a big step up from 2 single mattresses on the floor and now we have fully upgraded to a proper nice well built king size bed. We went all out as I bought the mattress separate and I'm so glad we did as the mattress is really comfy and the bed is very sturdy

I'm knackered with a bad cold but it's done and another thing off our list
Old 12-15-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 12-15-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Andy, sending thoughts and prayers for good results!

Have a good POETS Day to all.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

How are you feeling, Mags?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Magsie

Gilmer, I’m still with the vertigo. Dragging its feet a bit, thanks for asking. I’m sure it will go just like that, when it does go.

Toots, enjoy your weekend on York. It’ll be beautiful with all the Christmas decorations.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good afternoon Overs.

Toots squeezy hug delivered. Mrs T says 'you're a good'un.'

Okay results. The tumour in her pancreas is pretty much toast but before it succumbed it grew and started to mess up a blood vessel. One of the lesions on her liver grew quickly to 5 cm in diameter and is now 50% bigger than that but the oncologist says that it is full of liquid. The multi-disciplinary team are going to review the images and decide what to do next, more scans of one type or another. The oncologist told us to go and celebrate and enjoy the holidays.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Ok folks, off to York for the weekend ( boy am I glad none of youse live near enough to burgularise me!) might only pop in intermittently. ( okay, which one of you jokers cheered?)

You are seriously funny my friend.

And by the way, I never leave you off the list in the 24....I know you are here every single day whether you are actually here or not.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Oh Andy....the tumour is toast? HOW FANTASTIC!!!!!
Squeezy hug from me too please.

Hoping the next steps are as minimally intrusive as possible....boy oh boy are you guys going to have a Happy Christmas.

So much love.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Vertigo is awful Mags....sending so much love.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

That's a Christmas present early, Andy.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Wishing everyone WELL today!
Old 12-15-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone ! Wishing you a wonderful week-end. It's finally starting to
get back to normal. and how often do you hear someone say---" I just want things to get back to normal". Wellll, when does that ever happen???? and what the heck is normal. Ha ha ha ha ha .
Babs
Old 12-15-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats to all the milestones out there. They sure beat the millstones we used to wear daily.

Dee,
Oh yeah, heat and alcohol were a bad mix for me too.

Andy,
Thanks for that! I knew that 0°C is the same as 32°F and both are the freezing point of water. Your comment made me realize that minus temps in C are indeed freezing and positive are warmer that freezing except 0. In F, my measurement system, our 0 degrees is actually your -17.7777. So negative temps don't happen in normal circumstances in most temperate areas of the planet. Your comment connected some dots that are inconsequential.

Wolf!
Thanks for the status report. I was beginning to worry about you.
Sorry about the MIL. As a SIL who went through the same thing in 2014-2915 with MIL, and my wife taking a leave of absence from work to care for her, until her death in 2015, I know that helpless feeling to be supportive without false optimism or erroneous pessimism. Then we did the same a year later with my FIL. You're doing right by her in being close by to catch whoever stumbles or falls. I'm glad for you and yours she is holding out well.
We just bought our first King Size bed since 1997 too this past Feb 2017. You'll wonder how you ever did with a smaller size. We bought a gel memory foam mattress. If yours is memory foam too, don't leave it too long rolled up and sucked out. Our manufacturer told us we were OK for a month or less, but the sooner it is allowed to absorb air again the better. I'm glad you are still steadily renovating and now getting to the flooring. Your little world is one of kindness and appreciation of your own tended garden and critters. Hope your cold is over soon. Welcome back!

Sassy!
Hey when someone comments to me I answer. But since I can't check in and write as much as I would like I end up having multiple comments to reply to as well. When they get longer I am now bolding and italicizing the names so y'all don't have to groan when you see one of mine and can go straight to your answer. Thanks for letting me know they are appreciated. Sometimes even when someone does not comment to me for a while I say Hi so they know I'm thinking of them fondly too.
Autoimmune diseases can tough. For those unfamiliar, here is a list with symptoms: https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/autoimmune-diseases. Now don't y'all suddenly start having them!

Gil,
Thank you. I have been standoffish towards him since his last episode but since we were helping poor families for years when he was young, well, I realized that charity, indeed, must begin at home.

FBL,
It is hard to understand for many, but once you spend 18 years moving because you parent/s are military and from different countries (my dad never became a US citizen and was Great Britain's honorary Consul stationed in Acapulco Mexico), then spend another 27 years moving with the military yourself, you get what I called "hitch itch" because we had spent 7 years traveling full time in an RV. I used to joke that the great thing about bad neighbors in an RV is that we can just move on early. Or to another spot in the same area we are exploring. FBL, more folks share your feelings for roots. Others like me feel they tie us down. you be careful in that killing weather. In the high 50s here until Sunday, then we go back to the 70s for the whole next week? The problem with weight at my age is that it is really tough to get fit again.
We miss the snow and mountains in the Rockies and the trout fishing. Bass and catfish here can't hold a candle to Trout inland, and Salmon nearer the northern coasts, Alaska was a paradise for catching salmon, halibut, ling cod, rock fish and red snapper. Then feeding the bald eagles all the way back to the dock.

IP,
Good for you and Harley. Then I am Chuffed! We don't start the holidays here until the 24th per se. The shopping, decorating, heavy road and store traffic starts on 1 November here, then stops for the 24th and the 25th, then is normal until New Year's Eve and day. Ten we are back to normal. So for you guys starting earlier or with religions of whatever stripe happy holidays!

Suze,
I thought about doing it as a side trip but had a cheap round trip offered from United direct from our little regional to Denver. Normally we have to do a 3 hour drive and fight Dallas traffic to get a direct flight each way and still have to fly to Atlanta half the time and pay for long term parking. When I said all but X days there I meant I would be house hunting for two days they can lend me their cars while they are off. The rest are vacation days being with them for Christmas and maybe a house visit or two with them. My SH did the last trip up there alone and I have not seen their house yet. She has our oldest here to have over for dinner, maybe even a grand daughter too. I'd love to meet, but we need to be frugal until we are moved just in case. But we do need to visit our nephew's for Pizza too. We'll meet. And I am here for anyone passing through Shreveport on I-20 or I-49. Thanks about the posts.

Kris,
Glad the doc went well, but did I miss what happened to your leg? Up and iced? I only come here once every day or three and many times have seen a reference I learned later was in another thread. Best wishes with recovery either way.

Mags,
Are you using the telescope for astronomy or wildlife? They are fun. Thanks about the posts. I am sorry your FIL is having medical issues. Sending best wishes, please pass them along. I wish you and yours a happy holiday season in good health and peace too.

Wolf!
Thanks for the update. Are you feeling better? It is nice to have you around again. How's your niece getting on?

Toots,
you lost me on the plugins for a dog? I agree with your rationale about food. If your scale is sacrilegious, then I am about to be absolutely profane.
I hear you about the empty house and burglars. Not an issue for us any more as we bought indoor and outdoor cameras that alert us day or night of any motion. They were the latest with WiFi and battery operated and rechargeable. And we spent a fortune on three for outside and one inside. Now they have some for 20 bucks each that do all mine do with more resolution and features, but indoors only and must be plugged in. Like you, we travel/ed a lot and needed them. I ordered three of the new ones and hope to get them before I leave for Denver so I can give my son two of them. These are all alerting systems to us via smart phones. No need for security companies with monthly payments and responders. We already pay for our police and I can call them to respond myself.

Mags,

My vertigo took about a year to fade away to nothing.

Andy,
Weren't you guys going for am MRI Monday anyway? It sounds like good news either way right? Or am I week behind. Please give her our best from our home to yours. How are the kids handling all the uncertainty? How are you holding up bud? You have a remarkable family and relations ships among you. Many might envy you that.

Suze,
"And by the way, I never leave you off the list in the 24"??
Sorry I only come here so I miss a lot elsewhere as well as having a locked up FaceBook as I only want to read there once or twice a month. I have to spend some time keeping up my real world!

Babs,
So glad you are in the spirit. Normal is not universally defined so it remains a moving target. Chasing that target is what is actually normal.

We are going over to our son's house and drop off some sheet sets and kitchen stuff he needs. My SH loves building a nest. I like the results like she likes the property manicuring and tech support I do.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Itch much appreciated, some days are harder than others, I just try to do my best even though I feel im not actually doing anything Mrs Sw has been handling it really well and anything she does ask for or needs & I'm there, she splits her time between here & her mum's I've even suggested her moving bk in during this time but Mrs Sw started to think I didn't want her here with me I was trying & still continue to try and be supportive

Congratulations also on the new gel memory foam mattress we have a mix of deep layered memory foam with pocket springs and & money we saved on november's black friday deals was amazing we outdid ourselves & got top quality at real low prices

I managed to sleep for around an hour earlier I'm feeling a bit better I've only managed one workout this week too

Been watching lots of great new stuff really enjoying this season's Peaky blinders & season 5 of Vikings (how we slept on this show is beyond me) Blue Planet 2 was all types of awesome, there was the Khalief Browder documentry on Netflix that was harrowing but deep
Old 12-15-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, I was hoping to use the telescope for astronomy, it’s all new to me yet and to be honest, with the vertigo, it’s not easy to focus yet. A year for the vertigo to leave! I think I’ve got to learn to just let it run it’s course. Thanks for the well wishes, I’ll make sure I pass them on at the weekend on our next visit.

Wolfie, we’ve got king size bed and it’s so comfy, firm but comfy. I remember being in Germany years ago and the hotel I was in, well the beds were massive, they must have been 7 foot wide, really! And the pillows were massive too, big square ones.

I saw a joke the other day and can’t stop chuckling to myself about it. Here goes. A useful tip if you cook pasta. Instead of boiling up lots of water for pasta through the week, save time by boiling up a large batch and storing it in the fridge ready to use!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I guess i hurt myself, Itchy. My knee ballooned up to the size of a football. Had it aspirated. Waiting for an mri. Sort of out of commission. Can't bend the dang thing. And this too shall pass.

Hopefully soon.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

I’m sorry, Kris.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone dealing with ill heath feels better soon, and best wishes to all loved ones who are ill.

Have a grand weekend people

D