Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt. 1

Old 12-03-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Countrylife View Post
Hello everyone!! Where to begin instead of spending time with my kids I sent them off to my in laws instead of calling my mom and checking on her and see how her day is I drowned myself in vodka all Saturday evening and night I blackout in bed holding a drink... who does that??? It’s been eating me alive this morning but it’s like the voice in the back of my head is a broken record when it comes to drinking I have two sides sober positive loving life happy then the other is hopeless upset liar denial so on I don’t care how many 1st days of sobriety I will have I’m goin to keep trying you gotta start somewhere right?? So here is to day 1 again my motivation today is my actions speak louder then my thoughts hopefully this might someone and if u read this and not a member make an account it is worth it best of luck to everyone I’ll keep you in my thoughts
If you're intent on drinking why are you even on here?
Old 12-03-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're trying day one again countrylife.

Have to given any thought to what you might do differently this time - more support or more changes in your life maybe?

D
Old 12-03-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

For anyone who hasn't been in these threads before we try and keep things supportive.

If I can recommend one thing it's to post here (and stick around) before you drink - let us talk you through it.

we don't shoot our wounded - we're all in this together

after doing these threads since 2008 - this kind of loving support really works

D
Old 12-03-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Countrylife I'm glad to see you came right back after your slip, that's hard to do. Keep trying. I've been here since 2014. My longest sobriety time was just over 120 days. I know to keep trying is the only way to hopefully find the peace sobriety brings.
Be gentle with yourself today. Drink lots of fluids.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
If you're intent on drinking why are you even on here?
I don’t intent to drink and if I didnt want to quit I wouldn’t be here November the 25th of 2017 is first day I decided to do something about it I went 5 days sober first time in 3 years and loved it Friday and Saturday I couldn’t handle it if addiction wasn’t a struggle nobody would be here talking i wake up not wanting to drink this sobriety is new to me it’s like learning how to walk again everybody’s struggles are different that what makes us unique how many times have u drink or just said 1 then ended up 3 or 4 but didn’t intend to??
Old 12-03-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad you're trying day one again countrylife.

Have to given any thought to what you might do differently this time - more support or more changes in your life maybe?

D
Well instead of taking that first drink think I’m gonna get on here and get help through it and there is no alcohol in the house which is a plus I talked to somebody I friend mentioned yoga something to destress myself and I thought about goin to doctors for anxiety
Old 12-03-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.
Welcome back countrylife. I have also had many day 1s-yesterday being the most recent. I do have to do the "i just wont' drink today" as it's so easy to think ahead and think of all sorts of events I have where I could/would drink. Just today for now.

Good to see everyone on here whatever stage we are at
Old 12-03-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I went back to sleep for a bit.
I was woken by my step-dad telling me my Mom is ready for hospice. I should probably feel really upset. But the truth is she has needed some equipment and we could use some support and a bit of help for a while now. So all I really feel is a great sense of relief.
Which kind of makes me feel like a bad daughter. But I really just want what is best for her. I'm going to be careful about how my thoughts play out about it for the rest of the day. I'm sure AV would love a chance to use this as an excuse to drink.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Good morning all. I went back to sleep for a bit.
I was woken by my step-dad telling me my Mom is ready for hospice. I should probably feel really upset. But the truth is she has needed some equipment and we could use some support and a bit of help for a while now. So all I really feel is a great sense of relief.
Which kind of makes me feel like a bad daughter. But I really just want what is best for her. I'm going to be careful about how my thoughts play out about it for the rest of the day. I'm sure AV would love a chance to use this as an excuse to drink.
I’m sorry about your mom but at least she is getting that equipment she needs u and ur family will be in my thoughts stay strong alcohol won’t change anything
Old 12-03-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you.
I'm so sorry I don't mean to go on and on about it. It's just where my thoughts are at the moment.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Chick Chick - so sorry to hear about your Mum but she is in the right place. She has someone looking after her 24/7 who is fully trained and it will take some pressure off you and your family.
Keep strong - If AV appears, tell it that you simply cannot give in - you need to have your wits about you. You WILL feel a lot worse if you do drink - it only numbs your feelings for a short time and then lets the horrible nasty feelings in . Thinking of you X

Also talk as much as you want about your situation - this is where you can feel safe and receive some good advice. There are lots of people here for you X
Old 12-03-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Chickchick
That’s what we are here for if talking about it everyday or every other day helps I’m here for you!!!! You might be across the world but only thing you have to do is post and I’ll do whatever I can to help out talking about it is a lot better then holding it in or trying to forget about it as I recently learned it’s harder to do things alone
Old 12-03-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your mum chick chick. She is in the right place though with good support.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your mum ChickChick. Sounds like she is in the right place and I'm sure it's for the best. It's not always easy to see that. As for AV tell it to go take a hike!

Thinking of you.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continued prayers/best wishes for your mom CC.

D
Old 12-03-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Finally it’s goin to be a sober night and I’m loving it I actually had a good day took my kids on a hayride cut down a Christmas tree now my house smells like pine figured to help destress for the day we shot guns and to help me sleep I went out and bought some neutral tea for sleeping and I can’t wait to wake up tomorrow feeling alive instead of a zombie but after the time spent sober with my family reminds me why I’m on here fighting for recovery thanks a million y’all couldn’t do it without you

Last edited by Countrylife; 12-03-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: ..
Old 12-03-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Joining December group...again.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm in.

First day was the 3rd December.

Can't sleep - 2:42am in the UK as I post this.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 1

Hello all,
Anxiety filled day 1 today. Somehow I always convince myself I can be a normal drinker.
I read everyone's posts- dealing with major life issues is hard enough, let's do it sober.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you countrylife
Welcome JustTony, Mitos and KDBnSLC

D