Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt. 1

Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Thanks Bob. It’s 6 pm here. I’m usually half a bottle of wine in by now. Drinking water and eating cheese instead. trying to imagine how good it will feel to wake up without a hangover. I haven’t had one full day sober since October, and before that it’d been years.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Welcome to everyone new

Thinking of you ChickChick, I hope you're doing ok.

Hi Juno, I did get some wrapping done on Sunday but my day wasn't as successful as yours, but still ok. I know your week is busy, I hope it is going good

You're always welcome in this class bobdrop.

Day 16
I went up to see my mom tonight but I have a cold and so I wore a mask. I really don't like those, and it makes my cold feel worse, but it's better than getting my mom sick. We toured a hospice home last week and we are meeting with them tomorrow morning. My mom really wants to be home, but the visiting nurses said they won't come out anymore as she is too much of a safety risk. It's too much for my dad and I work full time so even if I moved in with them, I don't see how we can do it. It's a hard decision to make.

I am also in a lot of pain with my back and I finally took a pain pill tonight. I haven't taken a pain pill in years, partially because I just don't like them and partially because I was drinking too much, but I can't sleep or get comfortable most of the time and my patience is limited. This is one motivation for me to stop drinking as I would think drinking would help numb the pain, but for some reason it makes this pain worse.

I hope everyone is doing ok. The last few times I tried to get sober in the back of my mind I alwasy thought I would drink again. This time I really feel like I don't want to. I know my mind can change so quickly but I am really trying to make this time. I am thankful for this class and everyone here

Happy Wednesday~
Old 12-19-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Bobdrop.....I think anyone is welcome here who is trying to find their way to a sober life, regardless of what stage they're at on the day. Can take a while just to get to the starting line. So hang in here till your ready....is how I'd see it.

Waking up without a hangover is great Magpie....worth giving it a go. And you are close to getting there now. Hope to see ya in the morning ok?

Hope your Wednesday is ok and doable without drinking Emme....it sounds like you are having a hard time. Hang in there....

Later...
Old 12-19-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Goodmorning all ! So nice not to wake up at 4 am shaking drinking a gallon of water nervous and trying to work out how bad the hangover is ! Not today ... Woke up with my alarm at 6 drinking my coffee before the kids wake up!
Today is my 3 kids Christmas show at school. I'm so excited to sit and watch with a clear heAd..
In the afternoon I have a netball match and because it's Christmas they are having champagne afterward!!!! My plan is I'm on antibiotics !!!!
Have a great day everyone !
Thanks for all the surport xxxx
Old 12-19-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

everyones always welcome here

D
Old 12-19-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful day Loui! It’s 7:45 pm Tuesday night here. Thanks for letting me know tomorrow’s going to be a good one
Old 12-19-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magpie82 View Post
Have a wonderful day Loui! It’s 7:45 pm Tuesday night here. Thanks for letting me know tomorrow’s going to be a good one
Have a nice evening Maggie !!!!
Old 12-19-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Hi all. I'm back. Day 1.
It's been a rollercoaster of a week. I was doing well not drinking. I spent 3 days with my Mom in the hospital, she came home on hopspice and passed yesterday morning. I drank last night. I so don't want to drink anymore. I seem to have a cold/flu on top of it all.
I need to add to my plan.
So sorry to hear about the passing of your mum. May she rest in peace surrounded by angels.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Day 18

I felt in such a low mood when I woke this morning - I don't know why? Some days it is just like that for me, sober or otherwise.

I have to say that reading all the replies in this thread since I logged off last night has cheered me up somewhat. Seeing my peers fighting alongside me against this insidious addiction makes it all not seem so lonely.

I really don't want to drink although last night was a harder night than usual.

Mrs JT and I watched a couple of documentaries on cruise ships (we love cruising) and just the sight of the ships, the booze, the parties, the sailaways, made me think "how am I going to do that in May 2018 (pre-booked) and enjoy myself without drinking?" I always drink champagne, wine etc and hold parties in our suite for newly made friends onboard...

Then I just resolved to cross that bridge when I come to it and sincerely hope my sober muscles will be nice and strong by that time to withstand any urges.

Then I read another thread where the guy is struggling so much and it all seems so sad and desperate. I really wanted to reach out and help him but there is only so much one can do on an internet forum and also we all have to want sobriety more than death or severe illness (at least) before anyone can help anyway - right?

I dunno. Just feeling a bit down today - albeit I have no interest in medicating with booze to help me whatsoever.

Like I say - Day 18.

I will not drink today.

Tony.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrows a better day Tony - it usually is in my experience

D
Old 12-20-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I'm back at day one. Horre birthdays of my daughter on 17.I need to pull my shift together or I won't make it. Hope to talk to you all tomorrow when I am in a better frames of mind.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

We'll be here sweetichick.

D
Old 12-20-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hello, everyone. Checking in on Day 3 at 3am.Spent most of the day yesterday watching Christmas movies in bed. There is just so much I can do until my body/mind is clean from alcohol. I was home alone and remembered how it was when I was in detox. I ate, slept (had nurses come in to take my b.p) and paced the hallway. I was kindof like that yesterday except for the staff. I just want my mind to get rid of the fogginess and my energy back. Pacing is a waste of time but, it did help me move around abit. Being in bed all day made it really messy. I need to clean up alot more than myself. This house has gotten out of hand. Just random 3am thoughts. Love all of you!
Old 12-20-2017, 01:14 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Day 5 almost over.. Had many thoughts today of drinking and what it would be like to have a wine after work.. but I remembered the reasons why I don't wanna drink and held steady and repeated over and over on my walk home "STAY SOBER" and it worked.. small achievements mean so much..
Old 12-20-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Benjamin123-I don't know about gambling but it seems to me that addiction is addiction.
I think your right Bob - I just have an addictive personality- I just need to focus that onto something healthy and positive!

I hope you have a great day at your daughters wedding
Old 12-20-2017, 02:27 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Day 5 almost over.. Had many thoughts today of drinking and what it would be like to have a wine after work.. but I remembered the reasons why I don't wanna drink and held steady and repeated over and over on my walk home "STAY SOBER" and it worked.. small achievements mean so much..
I have a list in my pocket of the reasons I want to quit. I have read it several times over the last few days, I found it quite useful and adding to it too! Congrats on your day 5 half way throu mine 👍
Old 12-20-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

HI everyone,

Just checking in...I'm glad everyone is continuing to check in and share their thoughts and feelings with their struggles. That's why I love SR!

I got a small bottle of rum from my secret Santa at work....who gives rum to someone they don't know.? Oh well...threw it out

Have a great day
Old 12-20-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those new to SR we usually close threads at about 500 posts.
Stops things gettign too unwieldy.

Never fear tho - we immediately open a part 2 for threads

please join us here for part 2!
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-2-a.html

D