# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 2

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 11-18-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning... Day 13! Sunday morning 6.50 kids are up... I'm cuddled on the sofa .. Dark and raining outside! Bliss... No hangover ! This is just amazzzxing ! Nice cup of coffee and looking forward to spending a day with the kids.. Not clock watching to start drinking to ease my hangover!!!
Old 11-18-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

End of day 7, next weekend will be the true test, however.

I accept that I cannot drink another drink of alcohol, but I am definitely scared I will fail again. I don't want to be sick and I'm really enjoying your guys success stories!
Old 11-18-2017, 11:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey LLG - you really can stay sober forever.

You hold the power - no one can make you pour alcohol down your throat without your consent - and those goes for inner voices and AVs too.

If you really never want to drink again, you don't have to ...ever
Old 11-19-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 8

This is when my biggest problem will start as I go home for about a week, the good news (if you can say that) is that I have little money from my last binge so I couldn’t drink even if I wanted to. I’m going to start running with my first one planned for this evening and I’m just going to drink lots of hot drinks and posting. Feels good to be sober today though.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning. Coming back on day 4, jumping in here. I started drinking again after staying sober 30 days in September. This last bout of drinking just gets worse and worse. I can hardly get it down anymore. I had to switch to vodka, due to its unobtrusive taste.

But that’s behind me now. I’m done with it. I’m exhausted still. But glad I’ve stayed sober the past 3 days. It’s a start.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, I've missed so much on here the last 24 hours, and a new thread!!

Welcome bluedog. Lots of friendly, supportive people on here. You can do it again!

I made it through the kids' party and then a trip to see Paddington 2! Walked past loads a pubs in town to get to cinema.. I did have a pang of "I wish I could do that" when I saw people with a bottle of wine but accept that I can't. It didn't help when I came home & saw the two bottles of red my husband had bought.

Lazy day here today, it is already lunchtime & im still in my pjs!!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello! Day 9 ending. Slight thoughts of drinking earlier. But starting over day 1 and having abdominal pains again didn't seem worth it. Hot tea and quiet night. Yay!! Made it!!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
Hello! Day 9 ending. Slight thoughts of drinking earlier. But starting over day 1 and having abdominal pains again didn't seem worth it. Hot tea and quiet night. Yay!! Made it!!
Excellent!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Headed to work, feeling positive, reading the different threads. Thank you for being here!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SWB

Good morning, day two under my belt didn’t sleep as much as I would have liked, but woke up without a hangover. Had a vivid dream too, and it’s been awhile since that’s happened.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning - it's Day 3 without the toxin of alcohol for me! I slept pretty well and had really bizarre, vivid dreams. No complaints because I rather enjoy dreaming! Last night right before bed I watched two episodes of Stranger Things 2 (pretty good) but I wonder if that made me have stranger dreams, LOL!

It's windy out and I'm going to take my little doggie for his morning walk. He's my best friend!

Then I have some more work to catch up on, paperwork and bills and a cousin is visiting so I'll be busy with that. Getting ready for Thanksgiving - one of my favorite holidays.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone.

p.s. Welcome Bluedog!! November is a fantastic month to start a sober journey!
Old 11-19-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Holy moly a new thread and I've made it here. 19 days in! It's snowing here this morning and I'm going to work so I can have thanksgiving off. Have a great sober Sunday!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome bluedog and SWB! And congrats on everyone else for another day

I'm on day 8, which means I've made it a week for the first time since June(?) I think. I'm going to head to an aa meeting in a couple of hours which will be the first in person meeting I've had in quite awhile, maybe since June or even since January back when I had a month. I get anxiety going into unfamiliar groups, but I've been to this one before in the past so it shouldn't be too bad. I texted someone I met back in January to let them know I'll be there and got a nice response back, so it'll be good to see that person, and others.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-19-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Bluedog and SSW. StartingOver, I understand the meeting apprehension way to kick it to the curb! O e thing that took me out again was not enough fellowship so I'm trying to work on that this time around. Day 10 starting, I've made it to double digits. Cheers everyone!
Old 11-19-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Victory!

5+ days! Victory! Lunch where others had drinks...I was just fine with sparkling water! Football game reception with free wine—I was just fine with water and soda! Indeed, I was charming, funny and entertaining. If I had been drinking, I’d have been loud and obnoxious at the end. Then cocktails and dinner at a friend’s house—very fancy friends in awesome house. Often I might feel “less than” or intimidated and drink more. Instead, was very content with soda and was a charming entertaining guest. Notably, no one asked or commented on my lack of alcohol or wine drinking! Grateful to have another day of victories! Grateful to have not embarrassed myself! Grateful I did not drink a carcinogenic poison! Grateful I went to sleep sober and slept well—without the sleep disruption caused by alcohol. Grateful to be in a Sunday without a horrible hangover. Without regrets, dehydration, headache. Grateful I did not damage my cognition, my liver, my heart and esophagus! Grateful I did not have an accident and kill someone. Grateful I did not contribute to diabetes. Grateful I did not put my heart into AFIB with too much alcohol! Grateful to be sober today so far!!!
Old 11-19-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow strugglingtoget, that was LOADS of testing stuff to get through!
Old 11-19-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good Morning.
Sunday football. Go Patriots.
I am starting day 19 feeling so much better. I no longer have a choice. I can't ever drink again. If I do I know that I may never make it back here again.

Positive notes
Blood Sugar on October test at lab was 214 Type 2 diabetic
Blood sugar on November 16 at lab was 114 no longer type 2 diabetic. Dr was pleased. I was thrilled
Blood pressure meds are gone and blood pressure on Friday was 110/68 Dr was pleased. as am I. I have also lost 10 pounds since November 1st.

I am thrilled with all of this needless to say. I can actually look in the mirror and see my eyes instead of two totally bloodshot eyes.

Grateful to be sober and grateful for this site and all of you.

asixstringnut
Old 11-19-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Good morning. Coming back on day 4, jumping in here. I started drinking again after staying sober 30 days in September. This last bout of drinking just gets worse and worse. I can hardly get it down anymore. I had to switch to vodka, due to its unobtrusive taste.

But that’s behind me now. I’m done with it. I’m exhausted still. But glad I’ve stayed sober the past 3 days. It’s a start.
Way to go Bluedog. Keep it up.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 1.
Feeling really dumb.
Only thing to do is go forward from here and be sober today.