Old 11-19-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back wildflower.

D
Old 11-19-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 8 down! Feeling so optimistic. Just finished midterms week and it feels like such an accomplishment. I've been having the coziest sleeps ever which I am so happy about because before this I was really afraid I was developing insomnia. I did cut out the caffeine though, so I believe that and no alcohol is really helping my sleep out. Keep on keeping on everyone!
Old 11-20-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning all!
Glad to hear you're doing ok linners.
Welcome ignite, stick with us, you can do it.
On my mobile so not easy to see all the posts! I've probably missed loads of people/posts!
Dull, rainy England this morning. Definitely a stay indoors kind of day...once I've braved the playgroup!!
Old 11-20-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 20! I got woken up by my fiancé at the crack *** of dawn for him to go hunting but it's ok, I'm not hungover! I was having a horrible dream that my mom was accusing me of drinking and I was yelling that I hadn't had a drink in 3 weeks! (Apparently I exaggerate in dreams).
Everyone is doing great! Have a fantastic sober Monday. I'm so glad I don't have to drink today!
Old 11-20-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Great way to kick off the week is without a hangover. Welcome back those coming back. I know how it feels.

I think I’m just now coming out of the funk of the last 4 days. Day 5. Holidays are coming. Have a great week
Old 11-20-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Blessings to everyone today. Awake and sober.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Congrats on another day sober or on coming back!
A new day begins for me: now at 6.5 days sober; 8 of 9; 18 of 22.
I am grateful that I have no hangover: no dehydration, no headache. Grateful I did not drink a poison that causes cancer! Grateful I did not further damage my brain, liver, esophagus and heart. Grateful that my sleep was not disrupted, so I feel more rested and am in a much better mood. Grateful I did not waste money and time drinking yesterday. Grateful that I have SR for Support, along with AA and many folks in AA. Grateful for the renewed desire and goal to stay sober. Grateful for a new opportunity to stay sober! Grateful to wake up in a warm bed and to know all that I did yesterday. Grateful that I did not make a fool of myself yesterday and have nothing to be ashamed of. Grateful my loving wife has nothing to be angry or scared about! Grateful that I see clearly today how awfully destructive alcohol is for me!! Grateful that I recognize that I have huge issues when I drink alcohol, that I cannot stop when I start, that my relationship with alcohol is different from others without our problem. I am grateful to know that I am not alone—many others suffer from this same condition. Grateful to know that I can have a great, fun and fulfilling life without the poison known as alcohol. Grateful to realize that alcohol has never been my friend— it has always been destroying my life. I am not losing a friend or helpful aid; I am killing a fatal enemy!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
SWB

Day 4 and going strong. It’s a day off so I need to stay vigilant.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning folks! Welcome back Ignite and Wildflower, and welcome anyone I missed. Congrats everyone on another day.

This is day 9 for me, which means this is the longest I've gone since January. It feels great! Thank you all for being here!

I'm off to work today but then taking the rest of the week off for Thanksgiving. I'm both happy about that and a little nervous since I'm going to visit my parents this week, and I have a history of relapsing when I go visit them. They are my original trigger Though they're a lot more mellow now than when I was growing up - especially my dad. I have a feeling it will go well this time though, so we'll see.

Take care everyone and have a good sober day
Old 11-20-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi November class,

I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house and I decided my sons or parents or who ever wants to drink can bring their own drinks. If i buy the wine now in prep for the day, I will be too tempted. Seems like a simple strategy but a little hard to put into action because I feel like I should have wine for when the first guest shows up. I'm going to ask people confidently to bring their own drink.

Its all my past failures that have allowed me to put together successful strategies to make this work this time.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Struggling2getby. I get the days, but what numbers are you posting after? Fighting the urge to call into work sick. No urge to drink, I just feel drained.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm on day 9 now. Managed to go to the gym twice in one day and surprised myself. Feeling content at the moment.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi sath79,
Are you able to take the day off without any repercussions? I found it helpful to take a few days to get my mind and body back on track, before I needed to give work my full attention.
It will get better! I'm on day 11 and feel ready to tackle the world and this awful addiction

hang in there...day by day
Old 11-20-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Pfffft, today was a day off work but felt so under the weather as the day went on. Pretty much just sat around obsessing Tomorrow is another day!!
Old 11-20-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sath79: "Struggling2getby. I get the days, but what numbers are you posting after? "

That's my most recent struggle success rate: days sober versus total days. So, 18 of the last 22 days sober. I choose not to treat every "slip" as a need to start over. Although I seek total abstinence, if I have been sober 18 of 22 days, that's a pretty big victory for me, as usually/often I'm drinking 20/22 or so.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

ChickChick, are you around? Hope you're ok.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Its almost the end of November. I hate joining so late but here I am, AGAIN. I'm a mess, a loser, a bad mom (some days) bloated, fat, my skin sucks. I'm 36 and nowhere. If I hadn't spent years drinking I might actually have graduated from college and had a good job, and a happy life. Nope instead I sit here with a hangover my mind filled with sadness. I am depressed. Last night I slapped, yes slapped my husband in the face because , well I don't know why... that's the point. We were both drunk and pushing eachothers buttons like we always do. So like we always do we said our apologies to eachother this morning and I seen him off to work. But all day I keep thinking about what I did. I mean how have we gotten this BAD! So bad that I slapped my husband. This is sick. Its just sick. Yet I cant stop. I have tried so many times and nothing is working. AA didn't work, yeah I think I could have tried harder but I just didn't feel it changing anything. I can join a program that my doctor has recommended but in all honesty I have too much going on already. I'm stressed out. My kid has adhd and autism so I take him to therapy and OT, I work and I am in school to finish my AA. I feel it would only stress me out more to put more on my plate. This is not an excuse either. I don't have anyone to watch my son. Its just such a **** storm. My life is insane.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
Its almost the end of November. I hate joining so late but here I am, AGAIN. I'm a mess, a loser, a bad mom (some days) bloated, fat, my skin sucks. I'm 36 and nowhere. If I hadn't spent years drinking I might actually have graduated from college and had a good job, and a happy life. Nope instead I sit here with a hangover my mind filled with sadness. I am depressed. Last night I slapped, yes slapped my husband in the face because , well I don't know why... that's the point. We were both drunk and pushing eachothers buttons like we always do. So like we always do we said our apologies to eachother this morning and I seen him off to work. But all day I keep thinking about what I did. I mean how have we gotten this BAD! So bad that I slapped my husband. This is sick. Its just sick. Yet I cant stop. I have tried so many times and nothing is working. AA didn't work, yeah I think I could have tried harder but I just didn't feel it changing anything. I can join a program that my doctor has recommended but in all honesty I have too much going on already. I'm stressed out. My kid has adhd and autism so I take him to therapy and OT, I work and I am in school to finish my AA. I feel it would only stress me out more to put more on my plate. This is not an excuse either. I don't have anyone to watch my son. Its just such a **** storm. My life is insane.
I'm so sorry, you sound like you are at a breaking point. I'm only on Day 20 after years of what you have described (except I am a OT!) (and I divorced my husband). The only thing I can say is that you just have to make the choice to not buy it anymore (I know....). Naltrexone helps my cravings, not promoting medication but it and my choice to quit is saving my life right now. I feel so much better and I have been where you are, trust me. At one point I was drinking 12 beers a day (I'm also a woman early 40's), I was dumping my cans at random dumpsters on the way to work, I was so puffy and red my face looked like the girl on Willy wonka that blew up! You literally couldn't walk through my floor from the mess, as I got so down and broken. I had 2 broken bones, a chipped tooth and bruises all the time. Towards the end if I threw up I'd also pee on myself. Make the choice, I'm rooting for you. Say to yourself everyday, I'm so glad I don't have to drink today and see if your husband will get on board. XxxhugsxxX. Ps..... I get so many compliments on my skin now, it's made a HUGE difference!
Old 11-20-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
ChickChick, are you around? Hope you're ok.
Also wondering....
Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 12 and feeling good though anxiety has been quite high the last few days. But glad to dealing without the exacerbated hangover anxiety, depression, headache, guilt, etc.

I told my parents that I had had attended AA and was done with drinking. I half expected them to tell me (one of them at least) that I didn't have a problem. Instead they were both incredibly supportive. Exactly what I need with the holidays coming up

Thankful to be here.