# 21 (permalink)  

Old 11-18-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done guys

D
Old 01-12-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Almost 2 months on . . . from such celebration, great reflection, the meeting up of old Comrades for another year, but not just any year . . . 5 years.

I guess knowing this was the last November the name "Gilmer" would show in this Class, is why it is just so devastating.

The class of November 2013, we all starting out on a journey all those years ago, heck I didn't even know if I could be Sober for a week or month, never mind 5 years, but classmates, we did it, and we made it happen, and we continue to strive to be the best we can be in Sobriety.

There aren't many of us checking in on this thread these days, today I just sat and read posts from the January 2019 Class, and what starts as a hive of daily activity will eventually evolve into a yearly bond for those that continue to reach for the stars in their Sobriety.

I'm rambling on, but in the quietness of this place, I wanted to collect my thoughts, in a thread that also had a hive of daily activity once upon a time, the quietness gives me a sense of great peace to reflect.

I'm going to miss Gilmer, and I can't do anything to change, that come next November we're not going to have her darken the door of this thread once again, and that, I'm finding a truly heart breaking reality.

But we must continue on Class of November 2013 . . . whoever may continue to darken the door . . . Gilmer will always be here, walking alongside us as we try to be everything she was in her Sobriety, a star that shined so bright, that she was taken home far too early, a light that will never fade, or ever be forgotten.

RIP Kathy

Old 01-14-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That’s beautiful Purple Knight ❤️