Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 316

Old 11-19-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Phoenix Dunno what to say to that one mate lol, Hope all is well my friend
Old 11-19-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

What a day! I swear it was like the magic Tinkerbell pixie dust had been sprinkled on the whole day. Everything went so well. Quiet roads, perfect parking, great seats, magical show, happy girls, lovely lunch......heaven!
I found myself quietly having a little sob when Elsa sang "that" song (Let it Go). Tears of happiness for a wonderful day Melly will never forget and a few tears or mourning for the lost years. My eldest asked me why I'd never taken her before. The truth is too sad to think about. Now she's too old for that innocent magic giddiness they have when they're young. At that age where being seen with mum is cringy and she'd rather be out with her friends. All as it should be of course she is 15. But bless her she came with us and secretly loved it.
That's the next challenge isn't it? Acceptance of those years we can't bring back. Acceptance of or past actions. Continuing on this journey to build new memories without overcompensating or spoiling them. We can't turn the clock back can we so it's keep going, do our best, learn, grow, love and keep hoping that time will heal not just for us but for our loved ones.
Today wouldn't have happened without the support from you wonderful people. So from me and my girls I want to thank you all
Old 11-19-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24. Fairly peaceful weekend though my second daughter had a very ugly, racist incident happen to her. It was simply disgusting. Difficult to be compassionate to these types of folks.

Congrats to the milestoners and prayers to those that are suffering

Another 24 hours of serenity, gratitude and sobriety pls. Its 7:42am here !
Old 11-19-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
What a day! I swear it was like the magic Tinkerbell pixie dust had been sprinkled on the whole day. Everything went so well. Quiet roads, perfect parking, great seats, magical show, happy girls, lovely lunch......heaven!
I found myself quietly having a little sob when Elsa sang "that" song (Let it Go). Tears of happiness for a wonderful day Melly will never forget and a few tears or mourning for the lost years. My eldest asked me why I'd never taken her before. The truth is too sad to think about. Now she's too old for that innocent magic giddiness they have when they're young. At that age where being seen with mum is cringy and she'd rather be out with her friends. All as it should be of course she is 15. But bless her she came with us and secretly loved it.
That's the next challenge isn't it? Acceptance of those years we can't bring back. Acceptance of or past actions. Continuing on this journey to build new memories without overcompensating or spoiling them. We can't turn the clock back can we so it's keep going, do our best, learn, grow, love and keep hoping that time will heal not just for us but for our loved ones.
Today wouldn't have happened without the support from you wonderful people. So from me and my girls I want to thank you all
Oh jojo, you made me smile with joy. (And then nearly cry.... )

And love, I wondered for so long how I would heal from all of the damage I created...the 12 steps help(ed) me enormously, but still, I wondered.

And now I know what it means to not regret the past or wish to close the door on it.....it all happened exactly as it was meant to happen.

I would not be who I am today otherwise. And I would not have this life. I can look back now without staring, it's OK. I'm OK.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  

Busy but productive weekend ~ Another 24 for this tired pup.....
Old 11-19-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 526 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please continue:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6678893 (24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 317)