Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 316

Old 11-17-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to all choosing sobriety today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

SaturatedSeize ~ sending you so much love.
It's good to check in with a doctor....our brains need health care too.
You are doing so much for yourself that's positive, and it will keep getting better....this is a great next step I think.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi all! Friday again at last! What's great is that the dreaded Friday urge doesn't come too often any more. Plus I must admit I'm merrily planning Christmassy things and it's like....not even crossing my mind that I'll have to stay away from drink! Yes I know......complacency is dangerous......but it isn't that I don't think. I just really don't WANT to drink. Why on earth would I go back? That does feel so good I am super grateful to be at this point.
We are all going to Edinburgh for our work Christmas outing. There will of course be alcohol but I'm quite happy to be the sober one. I think everyone at work has gotten used to me not drinking so that's great. Plus my boss has booked a very posh restaurant for the meal so I plan on not holding back on the food front!
Getting ready for my daughter's special weekend. I've just bought a make your own slime kit for them! Apparently slime is the new thing!
Have lovely day I'll probably pop in later on. Lots of love xxx
Glad you're feeling better, Jo. Think Positive - Draw Positive.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
GOOD Morning Beautiful people!
  # 25 (permalink)  

Making slime is awesome Jo! My kids love it and so do I!! And how cool going to Edinburgh for a works do?? I went there once for New Years Eve years ago and obviously can't remember much. I plan to go there again one day with my hubby and kids and actually visit some places and learn stuff.. Edinburgh has got amazing history... they rebuilt the whole city on top of the old city after the plague. Incredible. I want to see it. I can't believe I was there and I didn't see it!! Alcohol really is such a massive waste of opportunity and time.

Life for me is great. The next thing I want to do is get a tattoo. I'm loving doing new things. A few weeks ago I stayed in a haunted house.... in a month I'm doing a sky dive.... getting a tattoo seems like the next logical step. I just want a small tattoo with the first initial of each of my kids names.... it's very liberating planning stuff and realising that other people's opinions really don't bother me anymore. Sobriety has given me a quiet, unassuming confidence ... I love it!!

Congrats milestoners. ... 24 more hours for me please xxxx
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
Good morning all! It's 7:55am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for please and thanxx!

The weekend starts early for me, and today I get to see my personal trainer, then later physio (to repair me afterwards lol), and then a meeting.

It feels great being busy and being able to manage my commitments.
GOOD Day Shortstop!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I really love this... it is going to stick with me

What a lovely attitude to approach the world with!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Good Morning Friends.

60 days for me today and I wish I could say it's "easy." It's definitely "easier" but I've yet to find consistent ways to deal with all my "down time." I still think (and want) to drink regularly, especially on weekends, but I've gotten used to pushing that AV away. I was working out regularly and it helped push me through that first month. I've stopped doing that completely just from lack of motivation. I think I'm slipping into a depression. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday as I haven't been to a doctor in 4 years and I'm hoping to get referred to a psychiatrist.

Happy Friday all, stay safe, congrats to fellow milestoners and thoughts with those struggling today.
CONGRATS SatS on 60 Days! Stay the course. It really will get easier and the depression will lift. I'm happy that you are seeing your doctor. We need to use every modality we can. Good Going Friend! Early sobriety is hard but the rewards are so worth it.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hello Goat and Venus!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sweet Suze.............
Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Making slime is awesome Jo! My kids love it and so do I!! And how cool going to Edinburgh for a works do?? I went there once for New Years Eve years ago and obviously can't remember much. I plan to go there again one day with my hubby and kids and actually visit some places and learn stuff.. Edinburgh has got amazing history... they rebuilt the whole city on top of the old city after the plague. Incredible. I want to see it. I can't believe I was there and I didn't see it!! Alcohol really is such a massive waste of opportunity and time.

Life for me is great. The next thing I want to do is get a tattoo. I'm loving doing new things. A few weeks ago I stayed in a haunted house.... in a month I'm doing a sky dive.... getting a tattoo seems like the next logical step. I just want a small tattoo with the first initial of each of my kids names.... it's very liberating planning stuff and realising that other people's opinions really don't bother me anymore. Sobriety has given me a quiet, unassuming confidence ... I love it!!

Congrats milestoners. ... 24 more hours for me please xxxx
Life is Awesome if we choose it to be. Happiness is a habit we have to cultivate.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I've been to Edinburgh.
Nothing fun like jo is doing though....I was with my cousins who live(d) in Glasgow, and they took us to the Queen's Edinburgh Palace (is it.....not sure, correct me guys), and I hated it! Huh! I was bored out of my brain during that tour. Kept saying is that it? Can we see some of the city now? He he he.....not very cultured, hey?
Old 11-17-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

GOOD Day, Jsm

Off on errands................
Old 11-17-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Hello Goat and Venus!
Nick is at work....he (while still in the same job) is on a new contract for half the day now, and he leaves earlier. And I miss him.

Love you NIck.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Friday! Just checking in for another 24 hours. Have a great weekend!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I really love this... it is going to stick with me

What a lovely attitude to approach the world with!
Well, you know me.
That's the way I see life.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by olyrunner View Post
Good morning and happy Friday! Just checking in for another 24 hours. Have a great weekend!
You too love!!
Old 11-17-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm in for another 24 on day 6. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-17-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

It's so lovely to have two people on 1 week today, and another two on 6 days....this is just the best, the most joyous for so many of us.....seeing you get that first week under your belt.

Gosh it's empowering huh?

Old 11-17-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)