Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 32

Old 11-19-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Up......Have you seen the cab interior picture of the Tesla semi yet ?

A retired GM CEO had some rather disparaging remarks about them even surviving as a company for 4 or 5 more years . Really like the walk around headroom in that cab design though !

Been waiting years for the high mileage thin two seater Elio to finally bring even their first car to market . The concept seemed ok at the time,....but I fear the skeptics may be right on them being ,.... uh, .."untruthful "
( big fat scammin' liars )

I shouldn't write anything bad about them,...because for all I know , they may have made some progress since my last annual check.

The GM guy was pretty funny ,...paraphrasing Musk's redirected response to any finance or production snafus.

"Not to worry,... solar roof shingles,....high speed vacuum tubes"

And my favorite " Don't worry about that ,...we're going to Mars "

Apparantly,..the True Believers in Tesla claim he's a visionary like the one ,and only ,....................( drumroll )

,.....Steve Jobs .
Old 11-19-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You would be surprised by some of the trucks nowadays. Lots of room considering.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi again! Didn't mean to post and run. Hope the weekend treated you well and sorry to hear about the sickness Up! I'm going to try and check in a little more if you guys will have me

The last six months have been a whirlwind for me. New school in a new state with all new people. Nothing like new beginnings to make you feel unsteady. Luckily the sobriety piece is going well, but that pesky anxious voice does like to creep in and put me on edge sometimes.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tops, we did go for a walk. I had to keep an eye on dad, because he kept sneaking up the speed. We did just over 5 miles. It was really great actually - I can't ever remember Dad willingly coming out for a walk, and 5 miles would have been totally unthinkable (even before he had mobility problems).

We had one "incident" though......we had to cross over a railway line, and just as we got to the crossing, the warning lights started flashing to let us know that a train was coming through........I've never seen someone react so quickly, one minute the scooter was facing the line, the next, it had done a complete U-turn and was racing back to safety. No thought to the dutiful daughter left behind!

He's a bit reckless going up and down curbs, a couple of times I thought he might topple over, but he seems to enjoy the uncertainty of it all, but apart from that he's managing it really well. The scooter has improved his quality of life so much already, I don't know why he didn't get one sooner.

Rocks, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well.

UP, I'm happy to hear you're feeling better fever-wise. The emotional side is a bit more complex isn't it? Do you feel you're making inroads on that at all, even if it's slow progress?
Anymore thoughts on Tai Chi?

I need to do some work on my flexibility, I've been doing a few yoga practices using "yogawithadrienne" u-tube videos. They're very good.

Mariah, Izzy, hope all's well in your worlds too!

I expect you're all planning your thanksgiving meals?

Take care all
X
Old 11-20-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm reminded of the "highway code"....when I learnt to drive (a million years ago), I remember thinking that the instruction: "Always give way to trains", was a bit unnecessary, after all, who wouldn't give way to a train?
Old 11-21-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm running down work wise this week - my last week, then 2 weeks holiday.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Rocks....!

Good stuff Freein, 1 week to go!!!

Went and did a meditation class last night back at the ashram. Felt better as soon as I entered the car park.
Focused on thoughts, and breathing for half an hour.
Haven't breathed that deeply in 2 years I reckon.

Anyway need to get a few classes each week in to manage my mind.

There's not much work here at the school, at either school. There's not much money in the town either. Unless your a tourist accomodator of some sort.

We now need more money.
Have had to stop paying the mortgage.

This has been causing me some grief for a while now.
Money concerns are real, have to be addressed.

I contacted the EDB (education idiots) in HK yesterday and my opportunity there is open for 7 years since I left. It's 3 times the wage of a job here, a job I can't even get.....!

Bloody reality again......

Hope all are well!!!!

Old 11-21-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Free, so glad you got to get a walk in with your dad. The scooter seems to be adding a lot of pep! Reminds me of a trip I took with my dad and he insisted on renting Segways and riding them up and down the steepest hills as fast as he could. Luckily no railroad tracks in that case.

Obo, glad to hear of the Yoga, but sorry to hear of the money woes. I'm living on loans right now and my boyfriend is searching around for work without much luck. It's always stressful to be fretting over funds.

I've been thinking about moving more and it seems you guys have been seeing good results with Yoga. To put on my first year medical student hat on for a minute, we've been learning about how respiratory rates affect your body. Have you ever hyperventilated and felt all light headed and panicky and tingly? Well, the quick breathing literally changes your blood acidity and throws things off balance. You slow your breathing and the tingly feeling and lightheaded feeling will go away too. A little bit of science to back up the breathing exercises. Which I should do more of cause I'm always panicky, hahaha.

Anyway, with everything going on I haven't given much thought to Thanksgiving. Anyone have any good recipes they like? I'm doing a fair bit of the cooking and am always looking for something new.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Rocks

D
Old 11-21-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I hope you get some steady work soon, Obo. It's very unsettling when things are so inconsistent.
It's good that you're attending the ashram again, I think I'd love to be able to do that.

Rocks, I agree, yoga is such a helpful tool. I've put yoga practice on my list of daily "non-negotiables". It helps to ease my neck and shoulders after a day at a desk, or a day in the car. I'm trying to remember to sit up straight when I eat my meals now too, I'd noticed a tendency to lean forward with my elbow on the table - My Mum would have thought that very slovenly behaviour.

I have a "leaving interview" with my manager today, just to fill in some forms and discuss my reasons for leaving. It seems all a bit silly at this stage, but the organisation likes to tick endless and unnecessary boxes (which ironically, is one of the reason for leaving).

Just three days to go, including today
Old 11-22-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sorry haven't posted in a while. Happy for you free - enjoy your time off! Happy thanksgiving, everyone
Old 11-22-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hope all's well Izzy

Happy thanksgiving all!

Just a plain old Thursday for us in the UK,

Dee, Obo, do you have a thanksgiving of any sort? It does seem like a nice thing to do - I'd quite like it in the Spring maybe.

I'm really enjoying going to work this week, everyday there's less, not more, to do, I should have everything finished by 2.30 tomorrow. It's a shame it's not practical to leave a job everyday!
Old 11-23-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every days Thanksgiving Day for me. ..but no, no pilgrims here...

gotta admit Xmas is more than enough for me Freein

D
Old 11-23-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ah, that's a lovely thing to say
"Every day's Thanksgiving"
I'll go along with that ......and I agree, Christmas is more than enough goodwillness this time of year (I know that's not actually a word, but I think it might catch on).
Old 11-23-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Ah, that's a lovely thing to say
"Every day's Thanksgiving"
I'll go along with that ......and I agree, Christmas is more than enough goodwillness this time of year (I know that's not actually a word, but I think it might catch on).
I like it !!

It may be that "Peace on Earth " will have lost any real meaning in another 30 years ,...so we'll need all the goodwillness we can muster !?

( as a soothing consolation )
Old 11-24-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My job has now come to an end. It felt so strange as I left work this afternoon, knowing that I wouldn't be going back. I'm excited about a new start, but strangely sad about leaving some of my work colleagues. I don't like saying goodbye to people, and I get a bit embarrassed if people give me gifts or cards. Is everyone secretly like that, or is it just me?

I have a busy weekend ahead - it seems I'm very sought after at the moment. I'd love a few days away, on retreat, but I don't think that's an option. A friend has recommended a beautiful option for a break. It's basically some very luxurious shepherds huts on Dartmoor. It would be a wonderful hideaway, but a bit on the pricey side.
Anyway, it's the weekend and I'm in for the Bargain!
Old 11-24-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

heres to your new chapter FreeIn

D
Old 11-24-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Yes, smiling here for you too Free

Happy Holidays Fools
Old 11-25-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee and Mariah X

Mariah it's good to see you post today

I'm meeting up with some friends this afternoon for a meditation session.
Lovely..

Have a great day all.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I think I might have been a bit over exuberant with my exercises this morning, I think I've overstretched a back muscle. Nothing serious, but it might be a bit uncomfortable today. I think Dad and I will be taking a walk later, that should help to ease it a bit.
I'm hoping it will be ok for tomorrow, because I'm visiting my new work place for the day, and I don't want them to see their new member of staff hobbling around. I want to be full of energy and ready for action.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend.