Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 311

Old 11-04-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi everyone. Wishing you all a lovely calm sober Saturday. Somethings going a little awry here. I've slept most of the morning and can't even face going downstairs. I'm not upset or angry or anything....just....meh. Balance is very far from reach right now but I've no intention of drinking. Not even a teeny peep from the AV. Just want to be alone and rest while I can. I find myself incredibly irritated by other human beings when I'm like this. Even an attempt at a hug from someone makes me very uncomfortable. Isn't that awful? And if I'm honest I'm not bothered. It's like I'm emotionally numb.
I will of course get sorted in a minute and do a bit of pottering. Force myself if you like.
It's weird I like to know why I feel the way I feel. Have an answer (being the logical type I am). Are my AD's too strong now? Is it the reduction of sugar? Is it a phase in my sobriety? Blah blah blah......
Okay I'm going to make a start. I've got a couple if hours before the girls home home. Plenty time enough to get the washing shuffled and put away and have a tidy up (Even as I type that I know I'll do very little)
Sorry for the winge but I'm not one for pretending everything is great when it's not. And yet it is. Weird......
24 more please and of course hugs all round xxx
Hi mate....
Firstly sending you a huge cuddle ......
Secondly... it's hardly whinging Jojo....If we were all on here everyday singing, dancing and tying balloons to unicorns it wouldn't be real life.
Do you think it may be exhaustion mate ?? Not necessarily physical..maybe mental ?? You have so much to deal with perhaps your mind just wants a holiday and lots of sleep ..and your body has decided to tag along for the ride ???
Also going from the sugar in alcohol, to giving it up and having some sweet treats ( so deserved)...and then onto no sugary things.. perhaps your body/mind is rebelling...as we all know sugar spikes our blood levels.. so lack of it can make us feel comatose.
Try and stay positive Jojo... this will pass .
So proud of you... because no matter how crap you feel ...you are always there for others.. and you've always been there for me.
If you need me.. just text... I,m sitting here covered in lemons ( don't ask **
Sending love up the Motorway to you. xxxx
Old 11-04-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I think it's really good you're being honest about how you're feeling Jo. It's like that quote Bandi posted... keeping things hidden and in the dark will only make things seem worse. You could be feeling like you do for any of the reasons you listed or you could be coming down with a cold or something and feeling a bit under the weather or it could be PAWS or maybe it's something you'll never identify. By being honest about it, you're acknowledging how you're feeling and I think that honesty is the first step to getting through whatever it is. When I feel like that I set myself little goals and rewards ..... sort the washing and then have a cup of tea..... help the kids with their homework and then watch a movie... that kind of thing. The key is to be kind to yourself. Your body and your mind are trying to tell you something and even though you may not know exactly what it is, by taking it a bit easy, you are prioritising the importance of you and that can only help in getting to the bottom of whatever is going on. Sending you a massive hug xxx

And don't worry about the washing and tidying up.... there's always washing and tidying up... doesn't matter how often I do it, it always needs doing. Deal with it when you're feeling better xxx
Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

24 for me! Congrats all, stay safe 🤗
Old 11-04-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Pebbles, one word .... lemons????
Old 11-04-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

:

Hey 24'ers, Sorry have been AWOL. Getting my Mum moved has been rather stressful but it's happened as these things always do. Haven't picked up or wanted to, but definitely oh so frazzled. Great to see you are all here, will catch up & be back later. Count me in for another 24. Much Love to all & congrats to our fabulous milestoners. ::
Old 11-04-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Why I got 2 irresponsible daughters what I did wrong.
No alcohol no drugs for me today.............

Anger

Feeling angry - and, sometimes, the act of blaming - is a natural and necessary part of accepting loss and change - of grieving. We can allow ourselves and others to become angry as we move from denial toward acceptance.

As we come to terms with loss and change, we may blame our higher Power, others, or ourselves. The person may be connected to the loss, or he or she may be an innocent bystander. We may hear ourselves say: "If only he would have done that... If I wouldn't have done that... Why didn't God do it differently?"... We know that blame doesn't help. In recovery, the watchwords are self-responsibility and personal accountability, not blame. Ultimately, surrender and self-responsibility are the only concepts that can move us forward, but to get there we may need to allow ourselves to feel angry and to occasionally indulge in some blaming.

It is helpful, in dealing with others, to remember that they, too, may need to go through their angry stage to achieve acceptance. To not allow others, or ourselves, to go through anger and blame may slow down the grief process.

Trust the grief process and ourselves. We won't stay angry forever. But we may need to get mad for a while as we search over what could have been, to finally accept what is.

God, help me learn to accept my own and others' anger as a normal part of achieving acceptance and peace. Within that framework, help me strive for personal accountability.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks honey buns. You're right too it could be anything and I might never know and just gradually get a bit of my oomph back (Haha I've never really had oomph but I can dream!) I sometimes think of what I'd say if it was one of you lovely folk. Isn't it weird how we can be so insightful and thoughtful of others and when it comes to ourselves.....rubbish!
Anyhoo.....little job then a sit down. Let's go for that!
Catch you later xxx
Old 11-04-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

24 more hours of precious beautiful freedom please, with so much love to everyone.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

(((jojo))) ♥♥♥
Old 11-04-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Pebbles, one word .... lemons????

Ha !!!! Not as brave as Jojo regarding cutting out sugary things ... or as brave as you running miles and miles... so I am starting small.....

Lemons are the new cool ( apparently ) ... I've started having freshly squeezed lemon and warm water at breakfast time ( horrible but better than vodka ) ... if you put 3/4 cut lemons on your bedside table at night its supposed to help sleep ( apparently) .. made a face mask which i'm sitting here smothered in, made with lemons, which is good for skin ( apparently) ...and if you squeeze/rub fresh lemons on your heels it makes the skin all soft ( apparently)....I have loads of them..
So if I've just wasted a lot of pennies and none of it works... I will throw the lemons back at the supermarket and demand my money back (apparently )......
You did ask ??? !!!!
xxxx Lots of love. xxxxx
Old 11-04-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Erfa, Kenton, Pebbles and everyone ! You guys really settled me down and made me look at myself this morning. Thank you.
24 more please
Babs
Old 11-04-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

So weird....
I have sat here all day... music on...thinking about alcohol....
Feeling silly for believing all the crap IT promised me.
I let IT..and people , treat me like rubbish..because it took away my self esteem .. IT wanted to be my ONLY friend..
IT wanted me to lose my driving licence.. then I would be trapped... and would have more time for IT ..
IT wanted me to be fat and bloated.. so I would be self conscious about making new friends... or having a social life...
IT wanted me to lose my career...and stop studying...so we could hang out together, day and night....
IT took away my total love of music and books... IT was jealous because they are my true loves...
IT is such a lying, backstabbing, mind altering piece of poo... I AM UNFRIENDING IT. IT can go it alone. You aint no friend of mine. xxx
Old 11-04-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Ha !!!! Not as brave as Jojo regarding cutting out sugary things ... or as brave as you running miles and miles... so I am starting small.....

Lemons are the new cool ( apparently ) ... I've started having freshly squeezed lemon and warm water at breakfast time ( horrible but better than vodka ) ... if you put 3/4 cut lemons on your bedside table at night its supposed to help sleep ( apparently) .. made a face mask which i'm sitting here smothered in, made with lemons, which is good for skin ( apparently) ...and if you squeeze/rub fresh lemons on your heels it makes the skin all soft ( apparently)....I have loads of them..
So if I've just wasted a lot of pennies and none of it works... I will throw the lemons back at the supermarket and demand my money back (apparently )......
You did ask ??? !!!!
xxxx Lots of love. xxxxx
Hahhahahahahah yea he did ask......
Old 11-04-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to the New
24 Hour Recovery Connection.

Please join others in making a commitment to stay
clean and sober for the next 24 Hours.

Check in once a day and every day by posting
your local time.
You may post a special message or song or image or your story.
Anyone can volunteer to do something
special for the group.
---------------------------------------------

last part
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-310-a-20.html (24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 310)
Thanks, Dee, for keeping the doors open, as FBL would say❤️
Old 11-04-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
So weird....
I have sat here all day... music on...thinking about alcohol....
Feeling silly for believing all the crap IT promised me.
I let IT..and people , treat me like rubbish..because it took away my self esteem .. IT wanted to be my ONLY friend..
IT wanted me to lose my driving licence.. then I would be trapped... and would have more time for IT ..
IT wanted me to be fat and bloated.. so I would be self conscious about making new friends... or having a social life...
IT wanted me to lose my career...and stop studying...so we could hang out together, day and night....
IT took away my total love of music and books... IT was jealous because they are my true loves...
IT is such a lying, backstabbing, mind altering piece of poo... I AM UNFRIENDING IT. IT can go it alone. You aint no friend of mine. xxx
That's an absolutely brilliant way of thinking about it Pebs. A giant step forward is to separate you from the nasty insidious lying addiction. It's not you. You are wonderful ❤❤❤
Old 11-04-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to the New
24 Hour Recovery Connection.

Please join others in making a commitment to stay
clean and sober for the next 24 Hours.

Check in once a day and every day by posting
your local time.
You may post a special message or song or image or your story.
Anyone can volunteer to do something
special for the group.
---------------------------------------------

last part
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-310-a-20.html (24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 310)
That is one of my favorite signatures!!!!!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

♥ This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last 24 hours:
10 EDT ~ 9.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! ♥

1newcreation
abcowboy
ardy
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bobbieka
BrightenMeUp
Canadian Koala
Cascabel
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
DaneK
Dee74
Delilah1
Donnyb
Downthepath
DreamCatcher17
erfra7
ForMeForThem
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
jenuk
joandmelandhan
jsm273
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mark1014
martina12
Neoo
nmd
Owl79
Pebbles666
PhoenixJ
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
shortstop81
SoberLeigh
Sunflowerlife
tgirl
theVman31
Time2Rise
tomls
tootsl1
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
Weev1l
wiscsober
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
Onward together! ♥

Thanks for taking such good care of us, sweet Suze!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

♥ This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last 24 hours:
10 EDT ~ 9.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! ♥

1newcreation
abcowboy
ardy
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bobbieka
BrightenMeUp
Canadian Koala