Notices

Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 1

Old 11-07-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Starting my day 2. Feeling much better this morning and actually slept like a rock last night. First order of business will be to bring my car in for a long overdue oil change and probably a new tire(s). I'll drop it off at the place and then walk home to wait for it, it's about half a mile and every little bit of exercise helps!
Welcome Wiseheart! I'll be checking back in a bit later.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Owl - I had some strange dreams myself last night! On one of them, I was with characters from the old Twin Peaks, Seinfeld, and True Blood. We were all drinking on the Titanic. I get the Titanic and drinking part, but not so much the cast of characters

Linners- I just got an oil change myself. While drinking, it’s amazing the number of things we put off. I was about 1,200 miles overdue :-P

Congrats on everyone’s progress. Day 6 for me. Starting to feel better. I found some recovery meditations and talks on Insight Timer (an app). They’ve been helpful. I’m trying to find different sources of strength, and meditation is one.

R&H
Old 11-07-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RattleAndHum View Post
Owl - I had some strange dreams myself last night! On one of them, I was with characters from the old Twin Peaks, Seinfeld, and True Blood. We were all drinking on the Titanic. I get the Titanic and drinking part, but not so much the cast of characters

Linners- I just got an oil change myself. While drinking, it’s amazing the number of things we put off. I was about 1,200 miles overdue :-P

Congrats on everyone’s progress. Day 6 for me. Starting to feel better. I found some recovery meditations and talks on Insight Timer (an app). They’ve been helpful. I’m trying to find different sources of strength, and meditation is one.

R&H
I agree on putting things off. I sat down yesterday and organized my bills. I feel like I can manage them now instead of ignoring them!
By the way I love True Blood!
On another note have you all noticed the amount of stuff on tv and social media about drinking? Its everywhere
Old 11-07-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good morning
Love how busy the class is while I sleep!
Wiseheart welcome!

I was also constantly trying to change up where I bought beer or had hubby buy it. We live in a small community so I'm sure everyone knows how often we bought it. But the other thing about a small rural community is there are plenty of others doing the same. It was a good line AV liked to feed me... you know everyone around here is board and drink as much as you do. Ugh. Today I don't care if they are, but I'm not going to anymore.

That was quite the dream R&H! Love that you were on the titanic! Haha.

Gypsy, I get way jittery with caffeine in me. What kind of tea maker do you use? I have a kettle that I love.

Susie, it is everywhere. I try to say yuck in my head right away when I see and ad so AV doesn't have a chance to say oh that looks good. In one of my classes a few years ago someone talked about hissing at the alcohol aisle in stores. I still do that during sober time too.

Wow, I am chatty this morning too!
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-07-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Good Morning to you all.
6 days done start of day 7 today.
Grateful for this site. Grateful for 6 days alcohol free.

Have a good sober day.

asixsringnut
Old 11-07-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

'Round my parts, alcohol isn't sold at convenience stores or supermarkets, only liquor stores and they close at 10 or so. So I don't have the issue of avoiding it in the supermarket, just the issue of not going near a liquor store in the first place.

A couple weeks ago at my local liquor store, the credit card machine was down and I didn't have cash on me. I was actually just going to say oh well, and go back home. Clearly it was a sign I was supposed to just stay on the wagon. But then the owner, who gives IOU's to no one (he even has a sign stating so behind the register) decided to let me take the bottle of wine and pay later. Lol. Very kind of him, right? One of those cases where I could have heeded my warning voice, said "no thanks" and hightailed it out of there, but nope, I did not do that.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiesmiles View Post
I agree on putting things off. I sat down yesterday and organized my bills. I feel like I can manage them now instead of ignoring them!
By the way I love True Blood!
On another note have you all noticed the amount of stuff on tv and social media about drinking? Its everywhere
My wife and I are on season six of True Blood. We are hooked! I definitely have noticed how much drinking is everywhere on shows and social media. Many people can drink. Im not one of them It can be frustrating getting exposed over and over to it. I do remember the last time I was sober for a longer period of time how you do begin to notice that many people don’t drink, or drink very moderately, at social events. Even after months of sobriety, I was astonished by people who could nurse a glass of wine for a long time. If that were me, the glass would be gone, pronto! I just try to remind myself how drinking for most people isn’t the same as drinking for me. I drink to get drunk. And it affects me in a terrible way. So, when I watch, I try to keep things in perspective :-)
Old 11-07-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Day 1 again

Here I go again. I have to make this stick this time. I hope I can wake up tomorrow and say I’m on day 2
Old 11-07-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I am so proud of myself - I went to the shop on the way home and looked at the wine but bought a bottle of diet coke instead. I was very good until I bought the two big bags of crisps. Think its going to be cheat night for me (not wine of course) - Will go for a run in the morning to work some of the calories off.
Have 2 afternoon shifts to work the next 2 days where I work until midnight so hopefully it will be easy for me to abstain.

Owl - I'm so glad you're feeling a lot better - We've got this

Welcome to all newbies - I think we have a lovely little group going here
Old 11-07-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Welcome Lindaloohoo

Susie great job on choosing diet coke and some munchies instead of wine!
Old 11-07-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Excellent susiegirl! I visited the supermarket too today, no alcohol either! My 4 year old said, "you don't like wine anymore do you mummy?" Yippee!!
Old 11-07-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, what a day I've had! Started off feeling great this morning, super positive, got into work only to receive a call from my mum, my grandfather had passed away😢 he was 85 and was an amazing man, we loved him dearly, he wasn't in pain but the pain I feel now is unbearable.. My mum poured us a drink this afternoon , a gin and tonic, I wanted to have it just to take the sadness away, but I didn't drink it and instead poured it down the sink when she went to the bathroom. I came home and blitzed my house from top to bottom, I even scrubbed skirting boards! I took all my wine glasses, wine rack and champagne flutes to the charity shop, anything to keep myself busy. My house is clean and smelling of bleach now! I am completely exhausted! And I've worn myself out, but it's really helped numb the grief (for just now)
Hi to all my new sober friends! Xxx
Old 11-07-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for you loss, Owl.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Owl, so sorry to hear of your loss.
My Grampsy passed last year. The pain is vast. Lean on us. Great job passing up the drink.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Day 2

I will not use alcohol today.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Oh Owl, I'm sorry. You did amazingly well to pour the drink away.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Owl, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I so admire how you managed to be with your grief and not drink. Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful person who will be deeply missed. I am sending sympathies and love to you and your family.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smykowski View Post
I will not use alcohol today.
Hi Smykowski, how are you feeling today?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Thanks for your sweet messages everyone.
Life goes on I suppose and I'm very thankful I have woke up sober, it could of been all very different had I had that first drink.
Moving forward on day 4, here's hoping for a better day. 🙂
Staying focused and positive. Will check in later. Big hugs to yous all. Xx
Old 11-07-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Owl.

Welcome Lindaloohoo

congrats on your week sixstringnut and congrats to everyone else marking down another day sober and clean today

D