Notices

Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 1

Old 11-06-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Chick, good choice with the green tea! Blueberry sounds great. Does your tea come flavored with blueberry or did you add the berries separately to the pitcher and let them hang out in there?
Susie, I love that cozy time in bed, relaxing with a good book.
Tomorrow I'll be waking up to day 2. We can do this!
Old 11-06-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome JJ and welcome back Vlad and Sunny

If you add nothing else to your plans make coming here before you drink a part of things - it really works

D
Old 11-06-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day 7 over here. Was tired and really grumpy at work today. Not sure why. Hit gym hard and tucked in bed with a bowl of my fave cereal. Congrats to everyone on their progress and continuing to build on every new day. BC
Old 11-06-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Welcome new people to the class. Glad you're all here. Too many names for me to remember right now and I'm too lazy to multi quote lol.

Susie is sounds like your'e doing all the right things . I'm planning on being with you till the end, I hope everyone else is too. Not sure what the end is? When the month ends we get shuffled down to a different section of the forums but we continue on as a group . We don't really end. Sorry to hear about your brother, that's a hard thing. Staying sober and present is the best way to cherish this time imho. My mother died of cancer, I was glad I was there for her in clarity and not a haze of drunkenness.

Yoga. I'll have to look at you tube tomorrow for some gentle videos. Rodney Yee had some good gentle & back care oriented ones on demand when I had cable a few years ago. I'm not sure what's available on cable now though. So for you Owl I would definitely recommend a gentle haha class until you see how your body responds. For those of you that found yoga too hard, you may have wandered into an advanced class or... your instructor wasn't observing ahimsa (a sanskrit word meaning non harming). Whether it was power yoga or gentle or something in between there should have been modifications given for all poses so people of all levels would be able to do what they could do of it. If all you do is lay or sit on your mat and breathe, that is a beautiful thing.

I went to a noon meeting without my friend after all. Saw one of my old students which was nice. I've seen him before, it's his home group. It was comforting to chat with him. Right now I'm posting and listening to a meeting online... In The Rooms. For those of you not ready for meetings this seems like a good way to get your feet wet. Tomorrow & Thursday night are the Refuge Recovery meetings which is what I really like but I'll suffer through AA ones just to be proactive and maybe hear something that I need to hear.

In between the noon meeting and now was the usual feeding animals and dinner etc. I drove down to my house to get some things to move to the bfs. Just doing a little at a time. I'm beat so I'm going to make some sleep promoting tea I picked up at the health food store. It's called Good Night Moon... I hope it works with a name like that and the price it had better lol. That blueberry green tea sounds great chick chick.

Sleep well or good morning depending on where you are. Me? I'm on the East Coast USA too.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by asixstringnut View Post
On to day 6. I am feeling much better and the fog is starting to clear out of my brain.
Happy Monday to you all!!!
Right here with ya six. Congrats. Feels good!
Old 11-06-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Finishing out day 6. Longest I have been sober in years. I feel great. Feel rested, but at times feel fatigue. No more withdraws so I will take a little fatigue. I was so productive this weekend. Played a ton of guitar, exercised, and spent quality time with family!
Old 11-06-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boracraze View Post
Day 7 over here. Was tired and really grumpy at work today. Not sure why. Hit gym hard and tucked in bed with a bowl of my fave cereal. Congrats to everyone on their progress and continuing to build on every new day. BC
Congrats! A week is huge! Day 7 for me tomorrow
Old 11-06-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Linners it is a Yogi brand tea. Super yummy. I'm trying to keep my caffeine to a minimum but am enjoying a few cups of green tea.

Gypsy I too love yoga. My practice has gone by the wayside lately. I'm better about it if I can get my daughter to do it with me. I'll have to make it a priority to do better in the next few weeks. It's really interesting to me that you used to instruct. That must have been fun. But that many classes seems like a lot to keep up with!

Ryan congrats on day 6!

Welcome to any newcomers today!

End of day 3 here, just had a big detox bath, Nighty Night tea in hand. I napped today. But I am still crazy tired. My family watched 42 tonight, we thought it was really good. Crazy rest of the week for us so we took advantage of a family night. So glad I was sober for it.

Night everyone. Looking forward to another sober day with you al l tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Boracraze - Congratulations on 1 week that's flipping awesome X

Owl - How are you feeling today? X

Sleep was ok last night - have another early morning shift today. The morning alarm woke me up which doesn't normally happen as I am awake usually before the alarm. I'm a little tired but that's because it took me a while to wind down after Netball last night. Well, this is Day 3 for me today. Last week I cracked on this day but not going to make the same mistake this evening.

Will catch up with you all this evening when I get home. Have a fabulous Tuesday XXX
Old 11-06-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I am ending Day 1 and would love to join this group. I have been coming to SR on and off over the past couple of years to gather inspiration, but this is my first post. After 30 years of drinking, I am ready to stop. I am tired of the constant planning and thinking about alcohol, the horrible hangovers, all the money wasted, etc... the list of reasons to quit is too long. I am a bit tired and ready for bed, so I will stop here for now. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and look forward to joining you on this journey!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome wiseheart

D
Old 11-06-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good morning sweeties!!!!!
Susie I'm actually feeling good this morning, thanks for asking! �� I slept! Woohoo!!!!! Dreams was erratic! Lol!
Feel ready to take on the day!
Day 3 for me!
Good morning to all of you! Some of you are probably still tucked up cozy in your bed!
Im off to join the sober bus and get ready for work! Have an amazing day everyone. Xxx��
Old 11-07-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I haven't made it into work today, extreme anxiety & stomach issues. Was feeling pretty sorry for myself but reading all these positive posts has cheered me up! Well done to all those sticking with it!

Old 11-07-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by ryan87 View Post
Congrats! A week is huge! Day 7 for me tomorrow
Hi Ryan. One week is awesome. Congrats. And Boracraze too well done.

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Linners it is a Yogi brand tea. Super yummy. I'm trying to keep my caffeine to a minimum but am enjoying a few cups of green tea.
Gypsy I too love yoga.It's really interesting to me that you used to instruct. That must have been fun. But that many classes seems like a lot to keep up with!

End of day 3 here.

I loved teaching. I teach everything from gentile to haha to vinyasa to power also Yin and restorative. I'm still doing pvt classes here and there when someone wants to but right now I'm taking a break from everything. 25 classes a week over the years has taken a toll on my body. Yes, you can do too much yoga. Some is good though .

I'm cutting back on caffeine too. I have a cool tea maker I finally brought to the bfs from my house so I'm drinking more tea and cutting back drastically on coffee.

It doesn't affect my insomnia either way. I've given it up completely for extended periods and it didn't make a difference. I just feel like switching to tea for a while.

Glad you're feeling better owl.

Sorry you're not feeling well j991. Hopefully the anxiety and stomach thing passes quickly. Reading here and posting is a good way to get support. Support can quell the anxiety I've found. Fo me anyway.

Hi wiseheart. Hope tp see you checking in when you awake.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good morning!! Day 8, I'm so glad to have all of you here with me no matter what day we are each on. Funny how most of us is gravitating towards the same things. I bought a beginner yoga video almost a year ago from the ol Walmart but I haven't tried it yet. I think I'll put that on my list! It's so nice to be clear headed. My fiancé was up half the night sick and man is he ever whiney haha. All I could think this morning was being glad I wasn't hungover or still drunk trying to deal with being woke multiple times and also early. I'm still jittery in the mornings. I'm not sure if that's normal.... but mostly I notice that my face is not swollen. I was starting to have a real problem with edema in the face. Um and maybe TMI but I haven't went to the bathroom in days. I guess I don't have all that greasy food and alcohol rushing through my system :/
I'm excited to get to know and keep knowing everyone in this class. I'm going to go back through and write everyone's names down so I can keep track. I can recall a few that stick out in my head but would hate to leave anyone out ha.... aren't you glad we don't have to buy alcohol today? ! What a relief not to have to plan on how and when to get it, get it in the house or even decide what store to get it at so the cashier isn't suspicious because you are in there every freaking day! I'll check back in later!!
-Susan
Old 11-07-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiesmiles View Post
What a relief not to have to plan on how and when to get it, get it in the house or even decide what store to get it at so the cashier isn't suspicious because you are in there every freaking day! I'll check back in later!!
-Susan
That made me laugh! I use the self scanner at our local supermarket but a member of staff has to come across to verify your age if you buy alcohol...it got to the point that they automatically walked over when the saw me! The look of surprise on one member of staff's face when I didn't have some wine one day was a picture!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJ991 View Post
That made me laugh! I use the self scanner at our local supermarket but a member of staff has to come across to verify your age if you buy alcohol...it got to the point that they automatically walked over when the saw me! The look of surprise on one member of staff's face when I didn't have some wine one day was a picture!
Oh yes, the self scanners at our Kroger's talk. Real loud... Please verify age, a member will be with you shortly!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiesmiles View Post
Oh yes, the self scanners at our Kroger's talk. Real loud... Please verify age, a member will be with you shortly!
Oh no! They don't talk here....but I bet the staff did between themselves!!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJ991 View Post
Oh no! They don't talk here....but I bet the staff did between themselves!!
Oh I'm sure they did, the girl at Walgreens knows me well. When I didn't buy wine there I would go into a big explanation of how I was still buying cigarettes but I quit the wine.... in reality I had already bought it somewhere else or had bought enough to tide me over for 2 days.
Once I was an hour away from my house, went to the grocery and bought a whole buggy full of beer. I ran into a girl I worked with and told a big story of how I was having a party. About a week later a random fax came through on the work machine about a cruise with free alcohol and someone wrote my name on it. I was mortified. Stupid people
-Susan
Old 11-07-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

on another note, boy I'm chatty this morning, without alcohol.. what a surprise! Anywho... a girl I work with was seeing a married man. His wife is an alcoholic. He ended up divorcing and is now seeing the co worker. I feel so much pain for that woman he left. I just want to reach out and help but of course I can't.
-Susan