Notices

Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 1

Old 11-05-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Going to bed sober so will check in tomorrow on Day 2 |X
Old 11-05-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Dee is a source of infinite wisdom for sure. He was here when I joined way back when and has since become a mentor for everyone. Welcome back Oregongirl.

Goodnight Susie. When you wake up you'll have twice as many days. That's a good return.

Hi Chickchick. My bf and I have had serious conversations as well. I don't make a change, things are going to change for the worse. Worse than they aready are. I am in recovery %100 but it's for me. Not him. He's just an added bonus.

Cleaned my rabbitry, chicken coop, laundry, kitchen, have meatloaf ready to go, changed the sheets, watching football, listened to some online meetings since my friend bailed on me tonight. Actually he's come clean about drinking a few beers a day to ward off withdrawals. I'm glad he told me, tried to get him out with me but he won't. He's in the cycle of wanting to stop but not stopping. I understand tapering. That's what I had to do because checking in to the hospital for detox wasn't an option. The day I stopped I was in serious withdrawal but decided that was the day to be sick and shake and throwing up and just be done with it. I can't imagine 2 beers a day for the past week is really going to cause severe withdrawal but I suspect he is probably drinking more than he let on. Anyway, enough about him. Ive been staying busy all day which helps me. Cooking & the animals are great diversions. I need to break out my yoga mat and get into a regular practice again too. Hobbies are good. So is chilling on the couch reading Sober Recovery.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

You joined before me Gyps, but lets not quibble

Thanks for the kind words guys

welcome back ChickChick - what do you think you can do this time that you've not done before?

D
Old 11-05-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You joined before me Gyps, but lets not quibble
D
Let's do. Quibbling sounds fun .
Old 11-05-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Even though it is only 5 pm here I feel like I have day five in the bag.
Feeling much better today and actually went out for a 30 minute walk. Man am I out of shape.

Baby Steps>

Have a good evening friends.

asixstringnut
Old 11-05-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

day 5 is awesome six

D
Old 11-05-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Welcome back Mako and Jillian

The best advice I can give anyone is to post here before you drink - let the collective wisdom of SR help you out

D
I love this advice. Thanks again, Dee
Old 11-05-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

End of day 2. Yay.

Ah Dee that is a great question as always. I don't have a brilliant answer at the moment. Just that something happened yesterday to change my way if thinking in a really big way. Sorry that's so cryptic, but I'm not ready to share about it yet. I wasn't drunk so it was nothing dramatic like that, thank goodness.
I really hope this is it. I'm ready to change things more in my plan and also be way more open with my husband.
Guess we will see if it works out. I sure hope so.

Hope you all have a wonderful night.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post

Goodnight Susie. When you wake up you'll have twice as many days. That's a good return.
Thanks Gypsy - just a quick check in - its almost 6am in the UK and waking up on Day 2 and off to work an early shift. Had a surprisingly good sleep last night.

I have a Netball match at 835pm tonight so should be easy to stay off the wine tonight.

Will catch up with you all later - Happy Monday folks X
Old 11-05-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, sorry to start this off on a negative... But I feel terrible🤢it's just after 7am and I should be going to work today, I'm contemplating phoning in sick, my stomach is absolutely churning, I had a a horrible hangover yesterday, so why do I feel even worse today...
Old 11-06-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Owl79 View Post
Morning everyone, sorry to start this off on a negative... But I feel terrible🤢it's just after 7am and I should be going to work today, I'm contemplating phoning in sick, my stomach is absolutely churning, I had a a horrible hangover yesterday, so why do I feel even worse today...
Oh no Owl - what could be the cause of that. You didn’t drink last night so perhaps you have a bug. Hope you feel better soon x
Old 11-06-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Oh no Owl - what could be the cause of that. You didn’t drink last night so perhaps you have a bug. Hope you feel better soon x
Thanks susie, I don't know if it's a bug or a two day hangover...
I woke after a terrible night's sleep, feeling drained and sick, I hardly have any energy. I had to call into work sick, I would of been as much use as a chocolate teapot today! My little man is off to school, so I'm trying to sort my head out, made a nice breakfast of salmon and scrambled eggs with chives, need to tackle the washing and housework later🙄
Hope your having a good morning, How you feeling today?x
Old 11-06-2017, 01:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you'll feel better soon Owl

D
Old 11-06-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hope you'll feel better soon Owl

D
Thanks Dee.x
Old 11-06-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

What 1 week does for me

Good morning!! 1 week sober! "Happy dance". What does 1 week of sobriety look like for me? My house is clean, dinner was actually made and good all week, laundry is done, coffee was premade and ready to go, I felt great when I got up this morning , I slept well.... my kids school stuff is packed and ready to go. I got a random compliment from a stranger, I haven't fought with my mom or fiancé, (I'm 45, that should be a given but it's not), my work reports are actually done and ready, I've lost a bit of weight and my face doesn't look swollen or red! Happy Sober Monday!!!!
-Susan
Old 11-06-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiesmiles View Post
Good morning!! 1 week sober! "Happy dance". What does 1 week of sobriety look like for me? My house is clean, dinner was actually made and good all week, laundry is done, coffee was premade and ready to go, I felt great when I got up this morning , I slept well.... my kids school stuff is packed and ready to go. I got a random compliment from a stranger, I haven't fought with my mom or fiancé, (I'm 45, that should be a given but it's not), my work reports are actually done and ready, I've lost a bit of weight and my face doesn't look swollen or red! Happy Sober Monday!!!!
-Susan
I so wish I felt as organised and motivated like you are! Well done on one week sober!
Can't wait till I feel human again! 😲
I'm really struggling to devise a plan of action for my recovery, I really don't want to fail again, what have you been doing Susan to help in your recovery?x
Old 11-06-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning. Checking in on this rainy morning. Beginning of day 7, which is the longest stretch I have had in awhile. . So nice to face the work week clear headed. Friends were texting me yesterday to meet them out to watch football. That is “code” for endless day drinking. Nope. Ran errannds and made healthy meals for the week.

Congrats on all of the progress. Onward class! BC
Old 11-06-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I’ve been following this thread daily and thought I’d say hello. I relate to what a lot of you have said and I’m unfortunately back at day 1 myself. Trying to pick myself back up and I like all the support here.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Owl79 View Post
I so wish I felt as organised and motivated like you are! Well done on one week sober!
Can't wait till I feel human again! 😲
I'm really struggling to devise a plan of action for my recovery, I really don't want to fail again, what have you been doing Susan to help in your recovery?x
I’m right there with you! I’m also curious to know.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 11 - joining November class for community

Good morning everyone,

It's nice to wake up, read posts, and not feel alone in this struggle.

SR feels so large to me, so I think joining this November class will help it feel smaller.

I made it through the last two days of temptation, dinner with friends last night and dinner with my family the night before. Both evenings people drinking wine and gin. I feel good, but miss the drink.

Is it the drink I miss or the feeling of "take me away"? I think it is the calm and "take me away" feeling I get with the first sip. Thats why I have fallen off sobriety before, because I want that feeling of relief.

Have a good day everyone.