Notices

Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 1

Old 11-05-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Mako and Jillian

The best advice I can give anyone is to post here before you drink - let the collective wisdom of SR help you out

D
Thank you. I will have to, if I want to get this thing beat
Old 11-05-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Back to the beginning

Can't believe I'm typing this whilst suffering with yet again another hangover 😔
Have spent the last two days drinking like there's no tomorrow, now I just feel depressed. I thought I was doing OK, was almost two weeks sober.....

A very sad day 1 for me AGAIN
Old 11-05-2017, 01:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day two

Last week I fell off the wagon and had a drink, which made me feel like a failure. Here I am again - I didn't have anything to drink last night and feeling so good for it.
Just had cup if tea with toast this morning and will go for a walk and do some yoga this afternoon.
Happy Sunday yo all! ❤
Old 11-05-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That sounds like the perfect Sunday Liz17
Need to delay doing anything today, feel awful. Hope everyone's Sunday is better than mine.x
Old 11-05-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Chin up Owl! I failed too. Had an annual Xmas shopping trip with my mum and 2 sisters yesterday (you know one of those trips where not much shopping is done). I am wiping the slate clean and starting with you on Day 1 today. I don't have any other plans at the moment in November so really going to try my best. I don't want to waste my money on wine either. Just had my coffee and a healthy breakfast so going to try and lose a pound or two in weight this week too. That is my goal. Considering we were drinking through the day yesterday I am surprisingly feeling ok today. Not going to do much today - just going to chill watching a box-set.
Hope you all have a successful Sunday - we can do it X
Old 11-05-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan susie, I could do with losing a few pounds aswell,
I lool ridiculously bloated!
Took a leaf out your book and also having a healthy breakfast, marmite on toast and a cup of tea, manged to take myself off for a shower, so feeling a bit better.
Chill out day for sure. What boxset you planing on watching?
Old 11-05-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Owl, I've just started watching Strike back and really enjoying it - almost onto series 2. Being lazy and watching it in bed but will get up and watch it while doing some ironing soon - at least then I can say I've done something productive today - Are you UK based ? X
Old 11-05-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I've got an ironing pile that would fear you! 😱
At some point today I will need to get the iron out, school uniform and work clothes to do.
I havent watched a box set in ages! I'm back in bed too, got myself a bed bug, my 5 year old son ♥
I'm in Bonnie Scotland! What about you?x
Old 11-05-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm in Wales. I have two kids aged 15 and 11 - long story I speak to them nearly everyday but due to an incident in June (nothing serious) they haven't come to see me since. Its killing me. The 11 year old girl has her barriers up at the moment - all I'm trying to do is let them know I am there for them and love them and hopefully they will come round. Its been a long wait. I would love to have one of their cuddles again.
Since June I have had more sober days than none and have cut back a lot. I would like to have a longer period - I will definitely not drink today X
Old 11-05-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that susie ☹️i really hope it's not too much longer until you see them again. Its just me and my son now, husband left us, my wee boy is my absolute world,he's so caring and loving, complete opposite of his father!
I've been trying to get a grip on my drinking for years now, I managed to stay sober for 3mths the start of this year, no meetings just facing the demon on my own, really thought I was handling it well until I clocked my ex in town with his new squeeze, it sent me nuts! I couldn't buy wine fast enough! I've spent £30 on alcohol over the last couple of days, which has really upset me as I could of treated my son to a new toy.
Do you attend any meetings? I need to get myself a plan, clearly what I've been doing so far isn't working.x
Old 11-05-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I have attended 3 meetings in the past but don't think they are for me. I used to drink when I was depressed but now its just a habit. I think its because I am alone in the evenings when not in work - I am exercising more and back playing Netball so I have moved on with my life - just need to give this a serious shot. This past weekend was the first time I have felt anxious in a while so I think I am a lot better than I was. Have my determined cap on today though X
Old 11-05-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I think that's where I'm going wrong, as I don't really have any hobbies to keep me motivated and busy, I'm just existing at the moment, my son has a better social life than me!
I used to be right into my fitness a couple of years ago, ran everyday aswell as exercise classes and swimming, but I had a small operation on my leg and needed to rest for a few weeks, sadly I never returned to my training after that, I have become so lazy and have gained 3 stone in the process😖I want to have that fire in my belly again, and enjoy life instead of watching it pass me by. I like your determination susie, thanks for our wee natter this morning, have picked myself up from feeling miserable.
Going to go do a healthy food shop and make the best of the rest of the weekend. Happy sober Sunday susie!x
Old 11-05-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good Morning to all!
Day 5 for me. I will be keeping close.

Have a good Sunday.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
not a greeter

*yawn* need coffee. Good morning peeps.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 6! I really feel like I'm going to do this. Yesterday I was out shopping and I was having a cigarette before I went in the store and some girl younger than me told me how pretty she thought I am. I said what??? I haven't got that compliment from a random person in years!! I guess a big red bloated face isn't attractive (which I've had for years from drinking). It made my day!!
I was a little irritable yesterday evening, a little snippy but I took half of a Valium that the dr prescribed (the whole one makes me feel out of it) and I took my naltrexone. I made it through the night and I'm so grateful that I took the courage to tell my doctor after 28 years of daily alcohol that I needed help. I know I am not strong enough to do it cold turkey, I have failed too many times before.
Stay strong everyone and day 1 again is better than not trying at all.
I'm so glad I don't have to drink tonight. My checkbook is thankful too!!
-Susan
Old 11-05-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
not a greeter

The coffee has kicked in. I hurt my back moving stuff yesterday so I stayed in bed a little longer than usual. My bf had eggs already cooked for me...then we headed to Home Depot...then back home...I'm doing laundry and going out to empty the rabbits litter pans now (12 adult rabbits, 21 kits = a lot of pans lol). I'm feeling strong recovery wise even with my paltry 10 1/2 days but I've been here before and this is it for me. Not starting over again. I may go to an evening meeting if my friend comes with me. The night ones aren't in a good area so I don't feel safe going alone. Hang tough peeps. Doesn't matter how many days you have as long as you don't drink today.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 2. Starting the first day of November didn't work out as I had planned. I had something really eye opening happen yesterday that convinced me it's time to really stop messing around and be completely sober.
I am changing some things up. My Hubby and I once again had a long talk about things. I really think this will be the time I remain sober for good.
I really look forward to getting to know this class.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Hi all. Day 2. Starting the first day of November didn't work out as I had planned. I had something really eye opening happen yesterday that convinced me it's time to really stop messing around and be completely sober.
I am changing some things up. My Hubby and I once again had a long talk about things. I really think this will be the time I remain sober for good.
I really look forward to getting to know this class.
Nice to see you here! I'm cleaning this morning and it's nice to be sweating but not in a alcohol seeping out of my pores kind of sweat!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I am so encouraged to be back at SR. Tho the last 3+ years have been an alcohol nightmare, I started my day here and have Hope again. Thanks to all who post their struggles. It helps to know I am not alone...and as I spent the last few months trying to moderate...away from SR...well that was a dismal failure.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Here I am, Dee and friends!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I’m back. I need you all. Dee, your wisdom about coming here to SR, to read, to post, to share in the collective group... before taking a drink....so good.