Notices

Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 1

Old 11-15-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Thank you JJ and Chick.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Welcome 24violets, welcome back Linners, and good morning everyone

I hear you about your day 5 Linners, I have a big tendency to slip back on day 4 or 5 myself. Its day 4 for me today and I'm feeling a little nervous about it but trying to go into the day focused on reminding myself about the reasons why I want to stay sober. I have a note on my phone with these reasons and have been reading it regularly the last few days for inspiration. Fortunately I slept pretty decently for day 3-4 so hopefully that will help.

I wish you all strength and happiness today, and I hope you all have a great sober day!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hello. Day 5 ending. Been home sick. Still got a bit of pain on right side tonight. According to Google I could have cancer, cirrosis, hepatitis etc...(never Google your symptoms ) I think its just my body detoxing. Took some psyllium husks earlier, big mistake.😣 It's been a rubbish evening but I wasn't tempted to drink. Apparently drinking red wine does Not help you get better, rather just taxes your liver... Who knew!?😀

Have a great day! 😎
Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
JJ, I’m ok I guess, still have been on here almost every day but fell back into my old pattern after I had gotten 5 days. Honestly, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be and I found myself just giving in. I’m still learning, and still willing to try again though.
Feeling guilty at the moment. I was supposed to help a friend with something important this morning but felt very unwell this morning from drinking last night and had to cancel on him. I let him down, and myself as well. Not too pleased with myself.
Hang in there, I was in the same boat yesterday. Tonight you might not sleep that great but you will feel a lot better in the AM if you hang in there!
Old 11-15-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Day 2 - only 999,999 remaining!
Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better when you wake up to day 6 Northernlass.

Not much happening here tonight, might occupy myself with a jigsaw puzzle! ...only 9pm, bit too early for my nightly hot chocolate!
Old 11-15-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

14 days sober. On to the rest of my life sober one day at a time.

14 days ago I would not have believed I would ever take another sober breath much less 14 days.

Thanks you all for the support and wisdom.

asixstringnut
Old 11-15-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I'd like to join the November Class. Tomorrow will be my day one. I drank all night into this morning, so I won't count today.

I need help. I'm no newcomer, I've been dealing with this problem for years now, and I can't seem to figure it out. Sigh . . .
Old 11-15-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by asixstringnut View Post
14 days sober. On to the rest of my life sober one day at a time.

14 days ago I would not have believed I would ever take another sober breath much less 14 days.

Thanks you all for the support and wisdom.

asixstringnut
14 days!!
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
Hello everyone. I'd like to join the November Class. Tomorrow will be my day one. I drank all night into this morning, so I won't count today.

I need help. I'm no newcomer, I've been dealing with this problem for years now, and I can't seem to figure it out. Sigh . . .
Hi, welcome! Lots of lovely people on here.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hi Time2Rise, welcome
Old 11-15-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

.....sober novas. Very good.
I'll sign on. Again. Best I've managed is 3 months, earlier this year, Feb, to April.
It felt amazing....but I do get the pink cloud thing a bit. I just feel so much freedom from the self isolating and avoidant behaviour.

Have come here from reading the thread on serial relapsers. I guess I've seen it as a process of learning how to be sober. But I've also come to accept that is also a way of allowing alcohol a way back in....

Like you all, life has a few challenges right now. 18 months back I was made redundant after 16 years. Realistically it is unlikely that I will work again unless I can generate something for myself. Downside is that the days are getting filled with drinking.
Yet at the same time there are opportunities and possibilities. I've survived ok financially. I'd come to detest the job anyway. At the time it felt like release.

There is a next chapter. But I'm not gonna get to that part of the book if my drinking continues to worsen.
So, hi class......
Old 11-15-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi to all the new November people! Relapse will happen and the good thing is that you are still here and trying. I met a nice girl at the crazy dr today. She is struggling with the same stuff so I invited her to join us here. Hopeful that she will....
whew, there was one girl in there and I dunno what her issue necessarily was but she was telling a grandma type beside her some pretty dirty things... very loudly I might add. Grandma woman looked a little shocked.
My blood pressure was great and the dr was very pleased and almost surprised that I hadn't had a drink since my first visit to him.
I people watch and I noticed out of the entire waiting room which was like 100 people, no one came out sobbing and acting a fool like I did my first visit. Ah I guess not everyone feels broken. I think I'm broke.... if I could just piece myself back together and figure out exactly what it is that will make me feel whole without alcohol.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Evening!!

Well busy day at work with lots of drama and stress (managing people is sooooooo fun....lol) but no thoughts of numbing with a bottle of wine tonight (counting that as a win) Loving the improvements I see already to my skin, my eyes, my weight....never have any complaints when sober (so weird that I have a hard time remembering that sometimes)

SeanFox- I totally get what you mean about feeling like you're missing out. Funny how it's so easy to forget the hangover and consequences.

Susie - 16 days is awesome!! Love the great BP update!!

Linner - be gentle to yourself today and lots of water! Not giving up and continuing the fight is a lot to be proud of!! This is hard!

24violets - congrats on 6 days! Welcome!

NorthernLass - Dr. Google is a horrible man! Lol! Hope your evening got better!

Welcome Time2Rise!

Asixstringnut - woo-hoo on 14 days!!

jj991 - anything to occupy the mind right? I have discovered hidden object computer games and they keep me pretty distracted in the evenings

Hi Canguy!! New chapters, new beginnings.....new chance to get it right. Welcome!!

Well off to find some peppermint tea. I am done today-ing.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Loving the activity here today.

I had a fantastic afternoon with my kids. My XC runner wanted to go to a park to practice so he ran, littler ones played I walked. We shopped a bit. Then hubby and I had date night. I'm glad I didn't have a drink tonight. Did my nightly ritual. All in all a fantastic day 4.

Goodnight! See you Sober Novas tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Oh! And welcome to our new classmates.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Morning all .. Start of day 13 here in Greece ! We have big storms at the moment ... Fire is on and really missing the Walm feeling of a glass of red when the sun goes down I'm drinking decaf coffee instead ! I seem to have pout weight on??? How??? I'm not drinking 1000 calories of wine a day? One thing I love love love... Is closeting my eyes at night and knowing I'm going to wake up clear headed!!! Instead of waking st 4 am and worrying how bad I feel!!!
Have a great Thursday !!!!
Old 11-15-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new folks!

Loui... I am with you. End of Day 10 for me. I have also managed to gain weight, sleep has been difficult/restless, brain is foggy... and yet, I am so grateful to wake up every morning with no hangovers and no regrets.

I was able to get through a painful (dysfunctional) family dinner without self-medicating with wine and it was a great feeling. I am learning to let feelings just be as they are and ride them through. Not easy, but worth it.

Glad to have you all here!
Old 11-15-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi Louie. Chikchik time2rise and everyone,

Joining the class and if the universe is willing I will end the month with all of you. Day 6 today and the most days in over a year. I finally write up a recovery plan like dee is always advocating and have used it the last two days.

Here is to another 24.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Welcome Sath! I will join you in another 24.