Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 1

Old 11-01-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome guys

D
Old 11-02-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Waking up to Day 3. I had an amazing sleep last night and only woke up once. I'm just having my coffee to wake myself up fully and then off to the dentist to come back and have a little run and then taking my friends daughter to work - haven't planned anything for this evening yet which is my danger zone but may just get on with the ironing while watching a box set - Have a lovely Thursday all X
Old 11-02-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great to be here... waking up to day 2, I have a feeling that this is going to be a great month and also that this spot right here, Class of November 2017 is right where I am meant to be.
So glad to be with you all. Wishing everyone a great 2nd November sober together
Old 11-02-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning! I am waking up to day 3. I feel a bit groggy, woke up 2 times during the night. I just got the teenager to the bus stop and am making coffee. I also feel like this is going to be a great month. I'm so glad I don't have to buy alcohol today!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Joining Class of November ..after a relapse

Hi All,

would like to join this class. Been struggling a lot the past few months, got a few days of sobriety behind me but slipped badly last weekend and back to square one. Here is to Day One... good luck to all of you!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good morning! Grateful to wake up to day 2.
Check in again later!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello. After failing more than succeeding in the October class, I would like to joing the November class. After a terrible binge Monday night, I am starting day 3.

Thanks for having me. . BC
Old 11-02-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 1 again

I have tried to stop drinking on my own, but things always come up and I reach for my coping mechanism... Alcohol. I am starting again, day 1. I think I need this group to know that I'm not alone and get some advice on what to do instead of drink. So happy to be back 😊
Old 11-02-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi peeps, I am back...joining the class. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

* Hey Applekat!

*Dee .
Old 11-02-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone🙂
New to this site but have been reading through the posts etc for a few days now,some really great advice on here, feeling really positive about joining you guys for our sober journey.
Been trying to stop drinking for the last 3 years, I stopped this year for 3 months, was super proud of myself but unfortunately I fell off the sober wagon, (marriage breakdown) anyway I'm almost 14 days sober, have had a few cravings but I've found myself a little app that I've downloaded that's helping, it's called 'Easyquit drinking' it's been such an eye opener.
Hope everyone is doing fine. Stay strong.x
Old 11-02-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Novembers! I am just popping in from the Sept class. Two months ago I found this site and the support has been incredible. I am now on my 60th day sober. Even a stretch of two days was unthinkable previously. You can do it! The beginning is hard, really hard. Well it was for me. It gets easier and better though. Stick it out.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Just wanted to stick my head in the door

I am from the October 2017 thread. I don't know what I would have done without all of those who hang out there. They were and are a tremendous group of support during one of the worst times of my life. I normally am not a person to lay myself bare - I usually try to act and say I'm ok or feel I can fix myself. Mid-October, I let it all hang out and told my story and I'm so glad. "If you are going through hell, keep on going" Well...I am still trudging through.
Something to keep in mind as you read and post - If you think no one will understand, please don't - you are among people who understand where you are or where you've been. I wish everyone the best - I wish you strength - I wish you peace..... I hope we can all come out on the other side and be who we are capable of being.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Samantha

Currently finishing day 5. Weekends are bad for me and it’s a miracle if I make it through one. Here’s hoping!
Old 11-02-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi All. Day two for me. I am wiped out but I am af.

Wishing you all the best.

asixstringnut
Old 11-02-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Applekat, Sinderos, Susiegirl, taplow, ChickChick, SandyToes, DreamCatcher, b0glerd69, asixstringnut letitgo anarock Yourwoman, lonewolf Sunny, Gyps, Owl and Boracraze

Anarock - why not help the miracle to happen? make a plan?
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)
D
Old 11-03-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Waking up to the start of day 4 here and..... my coffee maker decided to stop working. Black tea it is....

To be honest, I had an unbelievable temptation last night and almost drank. Instead, I ate a big meal and went to bed. No more craving. Come to think of it, I always held off eating anything while drinking (killed the buzz).

Anyway, Friday here and off to work. Good day class. BC
Old 11-03-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning all, day 4 for me. I feel ok this morning, slept well and feel good about my progress. Chat here has helped me in the evenings. I've noticed that If I start feeling on edge I just change positions and activities which seems to help. My appetite has actually went down and I have no desire to cook which is one of my favorite things to do. I'm so glad I don't have to drink this evening!
Old 11-03-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning on day 3.

Hang in there everyone. Plans for the weekend?

I KNOW what life is like without alcohol. Awesome. Just have to stop the 1-2 day monthly binges that I hate.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/evening - delete where applicable - good everything. I'm still sober, still finding it easy. But that's just me at the moment. I know how quickly things can change.
I wish extra strength and determination to anyone who's suffering here.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Good morning class. Day 8 for me. 11 meetings (Refuge Recovery + AA) in 8 days plus online meetings (Refuge Recovery + AA) plus SR plus reading recovery books plus buddhist podcasts . Being super proactive. I'm not working at the moment so I can devote%100 of my energy into myself so this is the last start over. Can't do it anymore. I know my triggers and I know triggers aren't a reason to give in.

My weekend looks like this: errands this morning... outside chores with the animals...noon AA meeting...more outside animal chores...visit the bf's mom in nursing rehab...Refuge Recovery meeting ... going to my own house to sleep and grab stuff to bring to the bf's.

Looking forward to the Refuge meeting this evening. I wish there were more but it's only once a week in another state (although it's just over the bridge lol), which is why I'm supplementing with daily AA meetings.