# 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome andysob

D
Old 11-08-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Andysob View Post
Day 2 here, headaches and anxiety, I hope I can stick with this!
Hi Andy. You can do it. You should feel better with the physical symptoms within a day or so in my experience. Stay hydrated, drink coconut water to replace electrolytes, rest.

Originally Posted by Loui84 View Post
Good morning from Kefalonia! Where is everyone else from? And big time differences! Let's see how day 3 of dizziness holds out..., get the kids to school now then a busy morning filling my freezer with chickens ducks and rabbit! Not the best thing to do feeling dizzy! But hope it will take my mind of things! Have a good day everyone!!!
Hi Loui. Same advice as about. It should pass soon. I started feeling less dizzy and shakey around day 3. For me it was worst in the morning until I had a big glass of water, some tea and something lighting my stomach.

Filling your freezer with chickens, ducks and rabbits??? <swoon> Tell me more!

I'm on the East coast, USA.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Good morning on Day 5 (my danger day) will be staying close to you all. I must say I have had cravings but not that many and when I did they haven't lasted.

Been keeping myself busy with work. I have also just applied to sit promotion exams in work in March - what am I letting myself in for. I suppose its something to focus on. Hope 4 months is enough. Whatever happens it'll be a refresher for me so nothing to lose.

Will catch up later X
Old 11-09-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Hi Andy. You can do it. You should feel better with the physical symptoms within a day or so in my experience. Stay hydrated, drink coconut water to replace electrolytes, rest.

Hi Loui. Same advice as about. It should pass soon. I started feeling less dizzy and shakey around day 3. For me it was worst in the morning until I had a big glass of water, some tea and something lighting my stomach.

Filling your freezer with chickens, ducks and rabbits??? <swoon> Tell me more!

I'm on the East coast, USA.
I have a small farm and after the spring boom in trying to cut them down abit... Only did 2 chickens and one duck and it took all my little energy awAy! Goi g to have a little nap before the kids come home from school !
Old 11-09-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Good morning on Day 5 (my danger day) will be staying close to you all. I must say I have had cravings but not that many and when I did they haven't lasted.
X
Be ever vigilant today Susie. The class is here and so the rest of the forums. Staying busy is a good plan, studying and passing your exam to be promoted is a great plan!

Originally Posted by Loui84 View Post
I have a small farm and after the spring boom in trying to cut them down abit... Only did 2 chickens and one duck and it took all my little energy awAy! Goi g to have a little nap before the kids come home from school !
That’s cool. My bf doesn’t have a farm but he has a nice sized yard on a quiet dead end streeet. We’re raising rabbits primarily for meat although I’ve sold some as pets or whatever people want with them. Pedigreed rabbits all of them except my experiment al pairings. Last winter we had well over 100 so one snowy weekend I cut the herd in half. I’ve been working on ratcheting it down since. Those rabbits eat a lot! We still have 7 does and 5 bucks plus a whole lot of grow outs. Chickens we have 4 hens that aren’t laying consistently so as soon as my 4 back up chicks start laying the older gals might just become soup. I just butchered 4 broilers last week, 5 adult rabbits no longer needed for my breeding program and 6 grow outs. We would love to have a farm. That’s the dream for our future anyway. Get your rest in now... how many kids?

Insomnia. Zero sleep .
Old 11-09-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Beginners Yoga from YouTube. I split the link so as not to break any forum rules. At least I think I circumvented? I’m sure Dee will let me know lol.

https://youtu..be/ aDpM-t-YLz0

I watched some of it, she explains the poses and alignment nicely although the doesn’t give many modifications. For example, early on she’s doing a lunge with the arms up (high crescent lunge).... I would have a gentle class bring the back knee down to a low crescent lunge. Those of you that asked for a beginner class this is a good start. Just remember you can bend your knees, or bring it down in certain poses if you need to,
Old 11-09-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Starting day 2...feeling better..slept pretty well.

Late for work already!! Thanks for the warm welcome xo
Old 11-09-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I will join the November class. Been with March 2017 and then August 2017 but didn't make it stick. I feel different this time.

Day 2 for me. I haven't read through the whole thread but will do so later this evening to get to know you all.

XX
Lava
Old 11-09-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Lava

D
Old 11-09-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Morning all. Waking up to day 10 here. Some major fatigue has hit me, but in reading threads, this can be normal in early recovery. Exercise has been a huge boost, as well as morning meditation. Seeing my Dr tomorrow , as well to see if anything else going on I should be aware of due to my drinking history.

Welcome everyone new. This has not been rainbows and unicorns by any means, but I do feel like I am on a new path. Best - BC.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Starting day 2...feeling better..slept pretty well.

Late for work already!! Thanks for the warm welcome xo
Check back in when you can. Great support here.

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
Hi everyone,

I will join the November class. Been with March 2017 and then August 2017 but didn't make it stick. I feel different this time.

Day 2 for me. I haven't read through the whole thread but will do so later this evening to get to know you all.

XX
Lava
Hi Lava. You can read back or start with where you are. We're all still learning each other lol.

Originally Posted by Boracraze View Post
Waking up to day 10 here.

Some major fatigue has hit me, but in reading threads, this can be normal in early recovery.

Seeing my Dr tomorrow

This has not been rainbows and unicorns by any means, but I do feel like I am on a new path. Best - BC.
Seeing your dr is a good idea. So is the exercise and meditation. Both will help with fatigue imo. Way to go on day 10.

Rainbows and unicorns... made me chuckle .
Old 11-09-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi all! Just checking in on Day 9, evening. I went by a liquor aisle and the wine aisle today. I pictured myself gagging at the taste. Didn't really work as far as not wanting a drink but hey it was worth a shot haha.
My house continues to be clean, my bills are slowly getting back on schedule, I'm continuing to eat healthier. I'm beyond bored in the evenings but no motivation to craft, cook... whatever. I'm a tad irritable from constantly being asked what I'm doing. I'm sleeping well but still fatigued throughout the day.
- glad and thankful for the support!
- Susan
Old 11-09-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Getting ready to head to an AA meeting. It's one of the formats I like... reading from the book Living Sober and then discussing the reading. It's a small meeting but I could walk there if I wanted as it's less than half a mile. A pretty quick walk but...it's cold and dark out so I'm driving lol. I hope they have some good snacks. Another way I choose my meetings .

Where is everyone today? I hope the class is busy with life stuff but a check in would be nice :group hug:.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Getting ready to head to an AA meeting. It's one of the formats I like... reading from the book Living Sober and then discussing the reading. It's a small meeting but I could walk there if I wanted as it's less than half a mile. A pretty quick walk but...it's cold and dark out so I'm driving lol. I hope they have some good snacks. Another way I choose my meetings .

Where is everyone today? I hope the class is busy with life stuff but a check in would be nice :group hug:.
Just finished day 3. It’s usually one of the hardest ones for me, really pleased to get it over with.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I had a little time to catch up with some posts...I am always terrible with recalling everyone here and who said what, but I will try.

Finishing up day 2. It was rough this afternoon driving home from work and not stopping for my bottle of wine...but I came straight home.
Now I have to concentrate on getting rid of the empties hidden all over my house. Thanks is a sick cycle!!!

I'm happy to be sober today . I'll watch some tv and get to bed early. I have off tomorrow and lots to catch up on.

Welcome lava....

Have a good night all xo
Old 11-09-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in. I'm feeling kind of beat after a not so great sleep last night and a busy work day. Briefly contemplated buying alcohol on the way home and kept driving. Now home and although I'm tired, I feel kind of wired at the same time. Maybe that extra cup of coffee today...

Does anyone have book recommendations? My favorite genre is memoirs, and the more effed up the person's life, the better (horrible, I know) but enjoy anything pretty much except science fiction. I thought I saw a book thread in the forums earlier, I'll have to check that out.

I plan on catching up more with you guys tomorrow. Just stopping in to say hi and things are going ok here!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Hello Andysob and Lava!
Old 11-09-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by mako View Post
Just finished day 3. It’s usually one of the hardest ones for me, really pleased to get it over with.
And when you wake up you'll be on day 4 .

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post

Finishing up day 2. It was rough this afternoon driving home from work and not stopping for my bottle of wine...but I came straight home.
Now I have to concentrate on getting rid of the empties hidden all over my house. Thanks is a sick cycle!!!

I'm happy to be sober today .
I've hidden empties too. Very sick I am/was. And... I was hiding them from a bf that drinks ffs! Sleep well.

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Hi everyone, just checking in. I'm feeling kind of beat after a not so great sleep last night and a busy work day. Briefly contemplated buying alcohol on the way home and kept driving.

Does anyone have book recommendations? My favorite genre is memoirs, and the more effed up the person's life, the better (horrible, I know) but enjoy anything pretty much except science fiction.
Good work driving past Linners. The last memoir I read was a few years ago. Dharma Punx by Noah Levine. I read a good mystery book over the summer called Uniformly Dead by Greta McKennan. I'm not usually a mystery fan but this was a fun book.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hi, end of Day 4 for me. Tucked into bed, drinking some tea. Dealing with sleepiness and mental fog, but feeling better day by day.

Welcome Andysob and Lava!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Good morning all !!!

I got past my danger day 5 - Yay !!! I'm now on Day 6.

Plan is coffee in bed, kit up and go for a run, shower, breakfast, watch an episode of Strike back and then 1-2 hours of revision for promotion exam. Will plan the rest of the day as I go along.

Welcome to all newbies - we are here if you need us.

Happy Friday everyone XXX