Notices

Class of November Support Thread 2017 Pt 1

Old 11-08-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi to everyone!

I made it into work but was bad with anxiety. After a busy day I was driving home thinking this is just the sort of day when I'd usually have a drink, I could almost hear the wine calling me!! (In reality of course I drank every day, there was always an excuse!)

Susan, I've had people tell me even a bottle is ok...to which I said, "probably not every day...". I swear people thought I was joking!!

Anyway, still wine-free here....
Old 11-08-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Sorry your anxiety is kicking in jj. I have anxiety too. It's hard, and one of the reasons I gave in to the intense feeling of I deserve it. I'm glad you're wine free. Way to go!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi!
Checking in late tonight..... But sober! Yay!😆😆😆
Big shout out to all our new sober buddies! Glad to have yous with us! We have such a big group already, hard to keep track of everyone! ☺️ And thank you again to everyone for the kind messages about my lovely grandfather, we had a tidy up of all his things today, my darling son chose the brightest star in the sky to represent our angel tonight.
I had my sons first parents evening tonight, well I could not of been any more prouder! His teacher has told me he is excelling in math and wants to give him more advanced school work! Bless him hes only 5! He's such a clever cookie! Most definently doesn't get that from his mama! Lol! 😁
Susan I reckon the store person who said you need to be sharing the bottle of wine was most like hitting on you! Haha! You should of told him to come join our group on SR! 😁
Gypsy! Oh my goodness! Do you really butcher Deer????? 😱I'm not vegetarian but I would be so grossed out if I had to do something like that!x
Old 11-08-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

I'm cooking deer tenderloin as we speak but really it's for the fiancé, I'm just not entirely hungry. I've lost a big whole 4 lbs in 8 days, whoop do do "sarcasm ". I feel like I should have lost like 20 already haha. Instant gratification... that's what's wrong with me now! On another note, I have helped butcher one.... I've had so many anatomy and cadaver classes etc that I found it fairly interesting!
I'm so glad I found you all. So nice to have people that just get it!
And if the man was hitting on me, I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole, I'm happy with the fiancé lol!
Old 11-08-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Day 3

Day 3 here and feeling good. Tasty food has helped with cravings in the evening. Just not good for the waistline
Old 11-08-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Ugh. My stomach has been iffy all day. I just had dinner a half hour or so ago and was just hit with a massive wave of nausea.
I hope this goes away and isnt the bug y’all seem to have. This is silly but I’m pretty much phobic when it comes to vomit 🤢
Old 11-08-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJ991 View Post
Hi to everyone!

I made it into work but was bad with anxiety. After a busy day I was driving home thinking this is just the sort of day when I'd usually have a drink, I could almost hear the wine calling me!! (In reality of course I drank every day, there was always an excuse.
Susan, I've had people tell me even a bottle is ok...to which I said, "probably not every day...". I swear people thought I was joking!!

Anyway, still wine-free here....
Good for you, JJ. That’s exactly I fell into the whole drinking routine/trap, trying to calm my nerves after coming home from a high stress job. Before I knew it, it had become more of a habit than a once in a while thing, and I had packed on 20 lbs.
I know exactly what you mean, with the cravings starting on the ride home, and the anticipation of just shutting off your mind.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Vlad, congratson your 3 days! At least you’re getting some nutrients from food tho, as opposed to absolutely nothing from alcohol.
Gypsy, glad to hear you’re at 2 weeks! And the deer...oh my gosh, my ex used to hunt. Don’t miss the days when I’d go over in the evenings and enter thru the garage only to bump into a hanging deer carcass in the dark.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I lost 3 & a half stone almost 2 years ago but my weight is creeping up a bit at the moment, I somehow need to keep that in check as well as stay off the wine!!

Ohhhh the deer thing, I'm trying not to think about it!!

Keep going everyone. Bedtime for me.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

End of Day 4 for me - drove past the shop on the way home. Not much else to report so will catch up with you in the morning - Nite Nite all X
Old 11-08-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I had a nice long post and then lost it grrrrr . When I hit submit the forums said to log in again and it was gone. It's been happening all day. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyway regarding the deer thing... I like to cook so butchering a deer or chicken or leg of lamb or anything is part of cooking to me. Granted, a whole deer is a wee bit bigger than a chicken but if you go at it with the attitude that it's simply cutting up a carcass it makes it more matter of fact. I think anyway.

I'm headed to an AA meeting in 30 minutes. My friend is still drinking a little each day so he's blowing me off again. I have no problem going alone to this meeting, safe town, safe parking lot. It's the sketchy parts of the city that I don't and won't go alone. I toyed with not going but I happen to like this one as it's a speaker meeting. All I have to do is show up, grab some cookies and tea and listen. No participation required on my part.

I hope everyone that isn't feeling well starts feeling better soon.

JJ I read that some people actually gain weight after stopping drinking. Something about their cells holding onto water after the body being dehydrated due to alcohol. I don't know if its true but I've gained some weight even though I'm eating the same and not drinking so I googled it and that's what Dr. Google told me.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Checking in day 7 or 8 already. Glad to see everyone is well.
Been a bit tired but in good spirits. Feels like riding a bike again. Waking up rested and good vs. like death.
Have a great week!
Old 11-08-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's an automatic setting that logs you out after a certain period of inactivity these days Gyps - could it be that?

D
Old 11-08-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There's an automatic setting that logs you out after a certain period of inactivity these days Gyps - could it be that?

D
Well... I was typing a message furiously. I consider that pretty active lol. When I hit submit I was directed to log in again. Maybe just an all day random glitch ?
Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok..yeah...that was happening a lot, especially to Apple users, for a while...but then they fixed it...it might be broken again?

D
Old 11-08-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Ok..yeah...that was happening a lot, especially to Apple users, for a while...but then they fixed it...it might be broken again?

D
I'm on a macbook. Still happening for me..every post. Looks to be broken again .
Old 11-08-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Congrats on a week or week + 1 letitgo .
Old 11-08-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Before I have to log in to post again ...

The speaker meeting I went to was good. The speaker was a soft spoken guy that had a good message. He was engaging and not overbearing with the AA dogma. Plus, they had carrot cake along with the coffee & tea.

I like AA for the comfort and support of being around others that understand, the face to face, the fellowship. I like the speaker meetings best as I can sit back and just listen. I usually glean something from these types of meetings. I like the meetings that use the Living Sober book, where either a speaker reads a chapter and talks about it and then the room takes turns reading or sharing. Came to Believe is another book that some meetings are based on. A speaker reads and talks, then they open the floor if you want to share about the reading. I dislike anything step related. I cannot abide by the steps. I have no intention on doing the steps or getting a sponsor. I'm open to it but I really don't dig all that.I do like the Refuge Recovery meetings. That's my preferred path to recovery. But at this point I'm doing anything and everything I can to stay alcohol free. Except the steps lol.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

day 2

Day 2 here, headaches and anxiety, I hope I can stick with this!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Good morning from Kefalonia! Where is everyone else from? And big time differences! Let's see how day 3 of dizziness holds out..., get the kids to school now then a busy morning filling my freezer with chickens ducks and rabbit! Not the best thing to do feeling dizzy! But hope it will take my mind of things! Have a good day everyone!!!