Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 3

Old 10-31-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rubaduck View Post
Feels like being on a ship just as the last passengers get on board and we set sail. I'm really hoping no one jumps overboard to drink the salt water.
Very cool...nicely said!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Changed my itinerary / drive times last night to 4 1/2 hours or less. Ahhhh, huge relief. Truck got fixed and ready to go - I'm off to New Mexico.

Doing great on this road trip - first one without stopping at night (after a long grueling drive) for a glass....bottle of wine. So much better without it dragging me down with a groggy hangover.

Happy and safe Halloween to everyone and see ya'll next month...
Old 10-31-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

8:05pm here folks...

Day 20...
Not much to report tonight, just been very busy paying my rent and bills and working.

Been a long day.

I also called in to my herbalist shop here, she's great and really knows her stuff, I told her about quitting drinking and that it's given me insomnia so she made me up a blend of herbal teas fresh, it's a mix of chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, Valerian, passionflower and skullcap...
Called "Tranquility Tea" each of these herbs are for anxiety and insomnia so I'm hoping I might FINALLY SLEEEEEEP Zzzzzzzzz

Will leave it at that for this evening, I'm half asleep right now...

Peace and Love to you all

K x
Old 10-31-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

What a day!
Do I have a story to tell.
I saw a dog at the shelter and I knew in my heart it was my friends dog that's been missing for five months. He came by and low and behold it was!
I can not describe what this felt like and to top it off, I got my job offer today.
Unbelievable! Truly a blessed day.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I wish I could share the photos!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Originally Posted by Kit2017 View Post
8:05pm here folks...

Day 20...
Not much to report tonight, just been very busy paying my rent and bills and working.

Been a long day.

I also called in to my herbalist shop here, she's great and really knows her stuff, I told her about quitting drinking and that it's given me insomnia so she made me up a blend of herbal teas fresh, it's a mix of chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, Valerian, passionflower and skullcap...
Called "Tranquility Tea" each of these herbs are for anxiety and insomnia so I'm hoping I might FINALLY SLEEEEEEP Zzzzzzzzz

Will leave it at that for this evening, I'm half asleep right now...

Peace and Love to you all

K x
Those really worked for me. Sweet dreams!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Had a great day here on Day 3. Did some work with my brothers in Christ turning an old Family Christian Bookstore into a center for speech therapy for children with autism. Interestingly enough the work is for my pastor's wife, so God is working strongly. One of my brothers, Dan, recounted an interesting sermon he heard once while driving. During the sermon the preacher reminded the listeners that God has already forgiven us and that if we don't forgive ourselves then we are placing ourselves above God. For you fellow Christians I think this is something very powerful to ponder. It took me a few minutes to really get what the message really meant. Powerful.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

How wonderful you found the dog waxfruit
Thats a wonderful thing to do Getbetter

congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today - no matter what it is - and happy halloween

D
Old 10-31-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your graduation guys

D
Old 10-31-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

How awesome for that dog and your friend. If you have pics of the reunion, you can post them on your profile page. I'll have to try that tea Kit.

I'm in the hotel, New Mexico. 4 1/2 hr drive. Stopped to get gas the last 100 miles....and the truck ate my cell phone! Seriously...

Put my cell in the cup holder, looked over to pick it up and it was gone. Poof. Drove back to the gas station thinking maybe I left it at the pump. Guy pumping gas dialed my # and cell started ringing...but nowhere. What happened? Well, the cell slipped out of the cup holder when I put on the brakes and it went into a slit in between the engine cab cover. Thank goodness the cab cover was removable...and there it was, right on top of the engine. Whew!

That's my story for the day...

Got candy...watching World Series. New Mexico style.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Originally Posted by Rubaduck View Post
Hi all,

Welcome to the new members. Congratulations on not waiting until a new month to start - the best day is always today. I planned to quit "tomorrow" for a very long time.

I really like the way this group posts both the ups and the downs. A win for one person (looking at you Kit!) feels like a win for all of us. Similarly, there's been a lot of support and advice for those of us struggling.

It's the end of the month, and we'll all be moving along. Feels like being on a ship just as the last passengers get on board and we set sail. I'm really hoping no one jumps overboard to drink the salt water.

I'm shocking with names, but I'll try to remember a few (love to you all though):

Kit - Congratulations again. I was confident in you, but also nervous!
Badgerden - I think you're the glue holding us together
rbgmeat360 - I haven't commented on your posts, but I've read them. Hi!
LuluBread - Heart on your sleeve. Love your posts.
Victor - Same as meat above. Hi to you too!
Soulshine & ready - Stick together! One day at a time.
Bob - Keep rollin, rollin, rollin, rawhide!
Dee - No words could do it justice. It would be a handshake of gratitude.
rubaduck I love this post. and love to you too. This is such a great group - I feel fortunate to be with you guys. I am rooting for all of you and although I am more on the needing support side of things right now, I read every single post and even if I don't post something to each of you please know my heart goes out to you hoping you are okay and also cheering for your good things

Grateful I made it to the ship even though my passport is quite costly. Me and ready are on the upper deck drinking sweet tea, mulling over ways we can stay on this cruise forever. No more swimming in the ocean - swimming is for fishies not us!!

I'm still scared and panicky and out of whack. I'm still glad to be sober, I'm still glad to be here. Goodbye October, you were the worst month of 2017 but I can't wait to see you again in 2018. We are gonna have a better time of it then - I promise.

God, please let all of us stay on the boat
Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post

LuLu and Wax- My recommendation is that you two never travel together, just a thought,,,,

Badge
LuLu! Badge is on to something here!
I just read your cell phone story. I once was on my phone talking to someone and at the same time I was looking for it, saying, "where is my damn phone?!!!"

Hope everyone is having a good Halloween! I got no trick or treaters.
Guess who's eating the candy? NumNum
Old 10-31-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

And I did post one pic on my profile. Not sure how it works. I posted a pic of me and my friends dog from today. I put on the privacy setting, assuming that's just for the members?
Dee?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi wax - yeah if you put 'everyone' on the privacy setting it just means all SR members.

non SR members, or people not logged in, don't have access to profiles at all ever

D
Old 10-31-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

It's 3am and I'm awake again
Really struggling with this now.
I came to bed utterly exhausted, drank my herbal tea and did some meditation, drifted off but woke again now and feel wide awake, so frustrating.

WAX - I checked your profile and can't see the pic, hopefully it will work

Sorry a short boring post... I'm overtired and a bit p****d off I've woke again!

Peace and much Love to all.

K x
Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not seeing any pics there either wax

If you want to upload pics you need to create an album first.
I'll try and find a explanatory link.

D
Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Wax-how wonderful!!

Hope everyone is staying safe in their travels.

Had a good day, made it through the grocery shopping without much thought of buying a bottle, so maybe things are looking up.

Kit- I am trying to get my sleep pattern down also. I am worried about stopping the melatonin cold turkey, so just took one 5 mg tonight with no benydril and I kept the caffeine down to none this afternoon. So wish me luck. My body is ready for sleep,if I can just tell my brain to go along for awhile,,

Good night all

Badge
Old 10-31-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey Kit-
Hey Badge--
Just a suggestion.
Try playing instrumental classical music. @bimi recommended that early on to me and I swear by it. Especially the first go at it. And every time I wake up, I restart the program on pandora qnd fall fast asleep.
I can totally relate to lack of sleep getting under the skin.
Hope you get some rest.
See you all tomorrow
Good Night.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
hi wax - yeah if you put 'everyone' on the privacy setting it just means all SR members.

non SR members, or people not logged in, don't have access to profiles at all ever

D
Thanks Dee

I'll give it a go tomorrow
Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can;t find a thread sorry.

Basically

go to User CP (on my PC it's at the top left of the page) click it...
go to 'Pictures and Albums'..
then 'add album'
then 'upload pictures'

D