Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 3

Old 11-04-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Super quick check all, so many wonderful posts.

Its my friday after another stressful work week. My AV made a surprise attack this evening. justifying a glass (insert bottle). This post is the longest I have dwelled on it, but concerned me none the less as fast and strong as it hit.
No worries about drinking tomorrow as I will be at elk camp with husband and my inlaws, Monday well,, I am not going to stress that far ahead.

Gotta go, work calls love ya all!

Badge
Old 11-04-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Brighten - From what you've posted I say defo stick to the fishing.
She doesn't sound worth one piece of your time!
Respect to you for seeing this and doing the right thing!
Lucky escape if you ask me...

BOB - Best of luck!!!! Hope to hear good news from you that it all went well

It's 2:55am here in chilly England, rolling into Day 25 now.

I haven't craved a drink so much since i quit, last night I had the strongest craving, I had the whole voice in my head telling me I'm just having a quiet night in to myself, a nice bottle of wine if I drink just that it will be lovely and I'll be fine in the morning, cosy night in my pj's and a bottle of wine to relax...blah blah blahhhhh. Anyway I was no way going to give in! I started cooking lots of nice food instead and did a few things around the house... I've tried to stop sometimes in the past but I've never felt as determined as I am right now!

I'll probs be awake a while now so I've got my decaff coffee and a good read / catch up on SR. I'm going to take Zygi on a nice walk later this morn and I'm off to watch a big firework display this evening with a good friend. Should be a nice Sunday, SOBER SUNDAY

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

Lot's of Love to you all!

K x
Old 11-04-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelSober View Post
bob I hope you made it through. I have been in that place too. I was crying so hard last night my husband told me I should just drink. He meant well because he doesn't like to see me so hurt but it was a little reminder that ultimately I have to do this because DAMMIT, I'm the kind of person who does what they said they would do!
That said, I know how easy it would be to open the bottle and let go of the struggle. Please stay strong and know it will be worth it. I want you to stay in this class too!
I hate to be Captain Obvious but you need to talk to your husband or maybe point him in the direction of articles or a book on how to support a recovering alcoholic. Telling you that you should just drink is something that should never come out of the mouth of your support system. Really shouldn't even cross his mind. Just as this is a learning curve for you in your recovery it is a learning curve for him too as he learns how to best support you. We have to sometimes teach our loved ones what we need from them to ensure we maintain sobriety.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:45 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Okay, so let's just establish that I'll always be the late one to reply to posts. I hate being late!

Anyway, Brighten, nice job. I agree with the other posters that if you weren't sober you probably would have ignored the bad things she showed you. Definitely not the kind of person you need. Actually I can't think of any kind of person that needs that but I'm sure someone will fall for the nonsense.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Kit2017;6661405]

It's 2:55am here in chilly England, rolling into Day 25 now.

I haven't craved a drink so much since i quit, last night I had the strongest craving, I had the whole voice in my head telling me I'm just having a quiet night in to myself, a nice bottle of wine if I drink just that it will be lovely and I'll be fine in the morning, cosy night in my pj's and a bottle of wine to relax...blah blah blahhhhh. Anyway I was no way going to give in! I started cooking lots of nice food instead and did a few things around the house... I've tried to stop sometimes in the past but I've never felt as determined as I am right now.

Hi Kit, well done on dealing so effectively with your AV and it’s good to know you remain so determined.
Keep it up.
Victor
Old 11-05-2017, 01:35 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Thanks Victor!
Hope you enjoy your sober Sunday

I fell back to sleep for a couple of hours, up now drinking coffee and watching rubbish TV lol.

I've got to wait in for the scrapman coming to collect my broken washing machine then I'm going to go for a nice walk. It's clear and bright here today so perfect morning for it.

K x
Old 11-05-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kit2017 View Post
Thanks Victor!
Hope you enjoy your sober Sunday

I fell back to sleep for a couple of hours, up now drinking coffee and watching rubbish TV lol.

I've got to wait in for the scrapman coming to collect my broken washing machine then I'm going to go for a nice walk. It's clear and bright here today so perfect morning for it.

K x
:-)
Old 11-05-2017, 02:52 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Have a great sober Sunday, Class!
Old 11-05-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

I just posted a thread, It's to all share any good ideas / plans for celebrating New Years Eve / Day sober.

I'm just sat thinking about it so thought why not set up a thread and all share our thoughts on it...

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...day-ideas.html (New years eve / day - Ideas?!?!)

K x
Old 11-05-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good morning October group!

Daylight savings time has me all screwed up this morning.

Want to throw this grenade out there to the group - 36 days sober and my libido on a 1 - 10 scale is a 1?? Not sure if anyone else has a similar experience? I'm 50, not 21 years old but this has to be related to being sober now - brain re wiring the circuits?
Old 11-05-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Think I posted it in 2 groups.... Not sure which one is best lol.
Oh well it's there, somewhere! lol.

K x
Old 11-05-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CClarity50 View Post
Good morning October group!

Want to throw this grenade out there to the group - 36 days sober and my libido on a 1 - 10 scale is a 1?? Not sure if anyone else has a similar experience? I'm 50, not 21 years old but this has to be related to being sober now - brain re wiring the circuits?
It's not a grenade at all, it's part of sharing our experiences!
I'm on day 8. Libido for me has always been an 11 on that 10 point scale so I can't identify with that (I'm 44). When I was very young I remember my male friends were all like "ewww, girls have cooties" and I was like "well then I want some cooties!"
That being said, it could very well be part of being sober. Maybe Google it and see if there is any research or people with similar situations. It could be that the alcohol was increasing your libido falsely and so now you are seeing what it really is? I'm not sure but definitely something to look into and talk about here in this very safe place where we can share anything and everything!
Old 11-05-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

CClarity, I've seen some posts on this subject in the "Mens Room" section of this site. There may be some information or experiences there that may help.
I'm 50 too. My personal experience so far (2 weeks into sobriety) is that as the brain-fog clears I'm inclined to be a little more of the romantic-old-me but I reckon theres so much chemical re-alignment going on in our bodies and our brains that anything is possibly normal...
Victor
Old 11-05-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberVictor View Post
CClarity, I've seen some posts on this subject in the "Mens Room" section of this site. There may be some information or experiences there that may help.
I'm 50 too. My personal experience so far (2 weeks into sobriety) is that as the brain-fog clears I'm inclined to be a little more of the romantic-old-me but I reckon theres so much chemical re-alignment going on in our bodies and our brains that anything is possibly normal...
Victor
Heres the link C
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/mens-room/

Victor
Old 11-05-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Kit ty ty ty for thinking of the idea to start figuring out NYE plans.... I live alone so this could be a big danger zone for me - I always drank thru the holidays since I am usually off work multiple days.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CClarity50 View Post
I didn't even know it was daylight savings time until I read this. I've been living out of this Penske truck for the last week, I'm so out of it!

Moving into apartment in 5 hours. My stomach is a mess with anticipation. A drink is the last thing I want...I'd probably mess up the entire process.

Have a safe and sober Sunday folks...
Old 11-05-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
OX

Hey all.
Checking in. Day 22 or so. Rainy November weekend. Not my fav month. Few death anniversaries, birthdays of the lost and much darkness. Wife has been really depressed and fragile plus drinking from first light. I am sober but not flying high. Just getting by. Went to bed early last night just too tired to deal.
Short week at work this week but I actually feel better at work than at home for the time being. Less stress. Ha. Oh well. Try to enjoy the crazy fortune.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hey friends, good morning!!

Ya this time change stuff has messed me up a bit as well. I took my first melatonin last night and I gotta say it did work some but either it carried over to the morning or im still just overly tired, not sure but it was tough getting through my workout earlier.

Its kinda rainy and dreary here today so im not sure what the day holds for me. I know im feeling pretty darn lonely and miserable though.

I hope everybody has a great day today!! Sending happy thoughts to all of ya's!!

Brighten
Old 11-05-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Update

Hi,
My apologises that I havent posted in a few days.
I have secured myself a flat. Its really nice.
I am back in touch with my parents. They have helped me to furnish my
flat.
Still off work.
Trying to taper my drinking.
Tomorrow is Day One.

Advice on withdrawals and coping strategies welcome......
Old 11-05-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

OK sorry for my post being a bit messy - New to this - I'm sure its there twice but can't seem to find one but getting some good feedback / posts on this one if anyone is interested in joining in on plans for a special / enjoyable New Years Eve / Day SOBER!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6661860 (New years eve / day - Ideas?!?!)

K x