Old 11-04-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day Chloe - and everyone - bed for me

D
Old 11-04-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good Morning to all.

To those struggling, please don't give up. This doesn't happen overnight for everyone, so sometimes you will fall down, but you just have to pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start anew. To those who are continuing to rack up the days, great job! I am on Day 16!!!!!! It sure does feel good to look at that number on my "nomo" app and even better to wake up without a hangover.

For anyone out there who likes to try to analyze dreams.....I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt that 4 internet hackers somehow took over my house, (like they moved in!) and hacked systems all over the world. I was oblivious to the entire thing, thinking they were just people who needed a place to stay for awhile. The entire time they sat at their computers. Occasionally they would eat or go out. After a few weeks, I realized who they were and kicked them out. I asked them if their hacking was discovered, would it trace back to my house since they used "my" internet. They said yes, I'd likely go to jail, and then left!!!!

WTH??? LOL!! I wonder what THAT was all about.??? I am sure that hearing about all the hacking and stuff on the news these days had something to do with it, but I hardly pay attention to it. I do have to wonder though. Really? Guess there is a first for everything.

So today I am going to go to an apple fall festival that has a lot of arts and crafts and food stands, etc. Should be a nice day, even if a bit chilly. I asked a couple friends to go, but all are busy and so I am going alone. I do a lot of stuff alone and so it doesn't really bother me. Sometimes I like going places alone because then I can just putter around at my own pace and not worry about anyone having to go home to let dogs out or feed the fish, or whatever the task may be.

Anyway, glad to be waking up early so I can get an early start. From what I see on the event website, it gets fairly crowded there early on.

Hope everyone has a great day!

LHW
Old 11-04-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Hey. Dee said this is a safe zone, so, I'm going to unload a little. I really appreciate all the support I've had from this class. I almost lost it when I saw the inquiry from badge. I am on the edge right now. If I fail, do I go back to a different class? This class is great but I want to follow the rules. I'm in a bad place right now.
bob I hope you made it through. I have been in that place too. I was crying so hard last night my husband told me I should just drink. He meant well because he doesn't like to see me so hurt but it was a little reminder that ultimately I have to do this because DAMMIT, I'm the kind of person who does what they said they would do!
That said, I know how easy it would be to open the bottle and let go of the struggle. Please stay strong and know it will be worth it. I want you to stay in this class too!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kit2017 View Post
Hey,

1:50am - Day 24 and another SOBER Friday night ...

I fell asleep a few hours ago but as per I've woken back up lol ...

My meeting went really well yesterday, asked them to trial me 6 months on the business plan I put together and got a good response! They said we'll obviously have to discuss it and let you know next week but I could tell I got it.
Whether they change any of my plan a little I'm not sure but I'm 95% sure I got it! So this really is a massive step forwards for me.
Working self employed all commission only is tough and so stressful, now if I start this I will be full time and employed by them so will scrap other work I do and just devote my full time hours to them.

Not sure what else to report... Hate to sound negative and should be buzzing after that meeting but I'm feeling really s**t, I'm constantly so tired and like I'm hungover, just not feeling good at all. I'll be glad when I get my bloods done, I know it's early days but I don't think my sleeping should be this messed up still or this constant brain fog...

K x
That is so great! Congratulations on being brave and not even needing "liquid courage"! I hope you feel better and that the blood test gives you the answers you need.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Thanks MelSober!

Hope you have a nice weekend.

K x
Old 11-04-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I am up and drinking decaf coffee. people say that's an oxymoron ha. but for me I went off caffeine back in march and when I tried it again I saw that it made me very irritable/argumentative/jittery/feel bad. i think it will be bad for my sobriety/emotional health so I'm gonna stay as caffeine free as possible. I am doing homework, watching the telly and reading/posting on SR today and tomorrow so I should be around off and on this weekend. I am feeling decent - still a lot more to do but with the evaluation over feeling a bit better. thanks to everyone that thought about or posted to me i think about all of you too and i am so glad to be in such an active supportive group. i got lucky on that.

LHW - I love that people are posting their dreams. I guess sobriety can bring them on. I am actively (very) dreaming most nights. So makes me feel better some of you guys are having weirdo dreams too.

ready45 - congratulations auntie you are going to be a wonderful role model - I KNOW IT!!! your nephew is one lucky baby ♥
chloe I hope you keep posting what you are reading... I probably read a different genre than you but my lifelong love of reading is paying off in spades for me right now. This is my sweet spot to look forward to each day - an escape from thinking about everything. I read until I go to sleep each night.
kit - I'm excited for you - a new opportunity. best wishes!!

bob------ everyone that said something in reply to your question of if you can stay ------ a big big ditto. I am 200% in favor of you staying. I am glad that is the spirit of our October family - we leave no one behind. And I feel once you are in, you are in. you are a keeper for sure. I wish you weren't having such a time right now - I wish I could say something to make things better. the only thing I can say is, you have not failed. you are here, you came back. failing is giving up and I don't see that in you.
so welcome back
Old 11-04-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I am blown away with the people here. I am fine this morning. Mostly because of the people here. I know not to expect instant support, but this is about as close as it gets. Just noticed at the bottom of my screen. 2 of you even tried to chat. I have a small circle of friends, but it is definitely bigger now. Day 8 now but thinking this will last now. It was a tough night, but you, my friends, are the best!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Lovely post Soulshine and thank you for the well wishes - Right back at ya!

K x
Old 11-04-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Good morning October group! Won't it be great to say Oct group and have to add 2018 next year!

College football Saturday's is when that f*****g AV really likes to chirp. Going to quiet that voice today with some exercise, couple hours of work, nice dinner tonight with family and a bonfire to top it off.

Watched one of the Star Wars movies last night and love this quote -
Yoda: No. Try not. Do ... or do not. There is no try.

Have a strong and safe weekend!

Ba Bam!
Old 11-04-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, bob.

You'll never regret NOT drinking.

Just hang on, whatever it takes. I had some freakishly bad days early on, but it does get better really quickly.

I tried to be grateful every day for what I do have, and that's a lot. Maybe start a gratitude list? It helped me so much. Just three things a day. Write 'em down.

I'm not really a "member" of this class, but I took a personal interest in a few of you and now I'm riveted to your stories. My "Class" of March 2014 kinda dwindled away, so I found other places on this site to plug in. There is something for everyone, from fun and games to spirituality, football threads, recipes, cats, motorcycles, fitness, it goes on and on.

Have a good one, everyone. Happy sober Saturday.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Mornin class!

Day 32 today. Last night was terrible with very little sleep but I managed to get a good workout in plus a 20 minute run this morning. Its beautiful here today with the foliage and sun. Hope to get a hike in later.

Have a great day everyone!

Brighten
Old 11-04-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Thanks Bimini. You know you're special to me. You're very grounded and straight forward.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Speaking of grateful Bimini, I know that I have had a blessed life and I remind myself of that often. Thanks again.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

bob, it's good that I can temper what I say on forums. In real life you might call me abrasive. I looked for you in chat but you weren't there. ..
Old 11-04-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Bob - Your posts and your presence in this class helps you AND helps us. We are all here during the struggles, achievements, up-and-downs, emotions, etc. while dealing with the curse of the demon juice. Things for us tend to be more complicated than for normies. Keep posting, you are part of this team.

ready45 - Congrats on the new addition to the family and being sober to experience it.

It's Saturday 11am. I'll be moving into the apartment tomorrow, Sunday at 1pm. I'll post once I'm in and settled.

BTW, I'm feeling pretty good, a lot of stressful moments in the last week with the move and scooting the kitties from hotel to hotel (with a huge truck trailing my car). I accidentally ran a red light yesterday driving the truck with trailer. Completely scared to hell out of me! I slammed on the brakes, but the truck was way too heavy to stop in time and it glided right through the intersection with 2 cars going to the right and one going to the left (in front of me)....I do not know how I didn't t-bone a car or get t-boned. Miracle.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Lulu glad God (or HP if you will) was watching out for you at the red light. I figure once I start driving again I will be ever so cautious of the least little driving infraction. I aim to be a conscientious driver.
Can't wait to hear about your new place .... it will be good to start over and make sober routines and memories. I am stuck in my little house with lots of not sober memories so am starting (baby steps) of purging and rearranging. I am going to change some things that I can so to start some new routines that have nothing to do with drinking. Again glad you made it there safe!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Also good to read LHW, Mel, Kit, Soul, CC, Bright, Bimini, Badge, RDuck, rmeat, SVic, Chloe (bob and ready included), and everyone else not listed 2 pages back....and Dee. Keep up the good fight and have a safe and sober Saturday.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoulShine8 View Post
Lulu glad God (or HP if you will) was watching out for you at the red light. I figure once I start driving again I will be ever so cautious of the least little driving infraction. I aim to be a conscientious driver.
Can't wait to hear about your new place .... it will be good to start over and make sober routines and memories. I am stuck in my little house with lots of not sober memories so am starting (baby steps) of purging and rearranging. I am going to change some things that I can so to start some new routines that have nothing to do with drinking. Again glad you made it there safe!
I was thinking about my friend with cancer when I spaced out and a haze took my awareness for a second. It was truly scary...I had to pull over and gather myself.

It is going to be really nice to have a fresh new place with no booze. If I wasn't going into a new apartment, I would too be rearranging and purging. Anything that reminds me of being liquored-up will be tossed.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Not much happening here, Bob, glad to see you. You can do it! We're here.

30 days today for me. Kind of unreal. Not everyday is great but there are way more better days than last month!
Old 11-04-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

thanks meat!