Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 3

Old 11-03-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

bob glad to see you are doing well!
I am also trying to get back to an eating plan I was doing well on earlier in the year. But also too, giving myself slack right now trying to get through all these mandatory punishment steps and do that at the same time would be too much.

I'm so glad to hear of our October family members getting good news or trying out stuff. BMU, Lulu, wax, LHW, Kit...and everyone.....
Old 11-03-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Wow lotsa good news today thats so great!! An awesome way to start a weekend for sure!!

Happy for everybody thats having a good day and for those struggling you have my positive thoughts coming your way!!

Brighten
Old 11-03-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Getbetter72 View Post
Brighten: I'm sorry I'm late to the party but I just wanted to add to the discussion about being with someone who drinks. This is looking way down the road when you have found someone with whom you are going to live. They drink even just minimally. That means that they keep it in the house. Readily available so that if you have even the slightest urge, there you go. It will take a single sip to send you down that dark path. I had the discussion with my girlfriend/fiance that she will need to quit when we get married. She agreed.

So in other news, I'm on day 6 and feel great. I am trying to keep up with the posts and try to post daily but this is a very active group, which is great, but hard to keep up with for me. So I was with my...I don't know what to call her, it's complicated but I'll just call her my GF. It was just a day trip (I live in PA, she lives in VA about 3 hours away...again, complicated story). I just went down to drop off flowers, have lunch, and come home but she invited me to stay so of course I did. We had a minor tiff about something stupid but I was able to use my strategies to deal with the issue instead of running away to alcohol. I was happy about that.
Hey Better!

Thats excellent info for sure!! I thank you for that. Its taken to heart.
Hope all is good with you. I am also in Pa. so that makes us neighbors haha

Brighten
Old 11-03-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

If any of you want to join us in the Weekenders, that would be really fun.

We start a new one every Thursday, and it runs all week. Good place to talk about absolutely nothing - but we rally round if anyone is struggling. It's hard for a lot of people to make it through the weekends, so come on over if ya want. It's kind of my home base.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2017-a.html (Weekender Thread 3-6 November 2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuluBread View Post
I ate a box of DOTS, Sour Patch Kids, Good N' Plenty, and Mike N' Ikes last night. It felt like I had a hangover this morning. And yes, the crash from sugar needs to stop.
I thought, yuck).
Welcome Khaleesi!

Lulu we would be dangerous in the candy store together! I have had a craptastic day of junk eating and rationalizing it. One thing at a time though. I didn't know anyone but ME like Good n' Plenty's! Is it a wino trait? I have leftover Halloween candy that I locked up in a safe (for real, I'm not joking).

I am blue tonight and having some yearnings but not going to drink. I just feel sad, empty and disconnected and don't want to even talk to anyone. Ridiculous to see that written but it is how I feel. I guess my wine kept me from noticing my feelings and fears. Now I have to deal with them?! UGH!!!

I miss behaving inappropriately and blaming others for it. Heh. Kidding. Sort of. :smirk
Old 11-03-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoulShine8 View Post
My mom finally got hold of the body shop guy and he said he wasn't going to charge us. ?! I can't believe it...
Soul - It's so nice that good things happen when sobriety comes into the picture. This is great news. Congrats on getting things taken care of and moving right along to progress!

Mel - Feel better. I understand the sad, empty, disconnected feeling all too well. I try and stay in the moment and it seems to help.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Hi all.

I made it through a big drinking event 100% dry, yay! Well, it's not so much a drinking event for everyone, but you can buy beers there and I would traditionally slam a few beers before I even showed up. I have to admit, this time wasn't as fun for me. Usually I would start a conversation with anyone else I saw with a beer in their hand, but this year I was just talking to my family (they had a good time). My only goal was to not drink. But I wasn't a wet blanket or anything.

I have a really good reputation at this community event as someone who participates a lot and contributes to the energy. I'm a drinker, not a drunk. I did have some nice conversations with people who know me well, but I could tell inside me I wasn't as enthusiastic as in previous years.

I've been doing really well with my family over the past two weeks. I would always play with kids, do cooking, do housework etc. But I've been putting in a big effort such as doing housework my wife would normally do, so that she can relax even more. Trying to spend even more time playing with my kids as well, even if dead tired after work etc.

Anyway, that's my story. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Congrats Rubaduck!! I haven't been tested like that yet with a drinking event but when I am (especially with the holidays coming up), I hope I can overpower the urge just like you did. Awesome job!!
Old 11-03-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelSober View Post
Welcome Khaleesi!

Lulu we would be dangerous in the candy store together! I have had a craptastic day of junk eating and rationalizing it. One thing at a time though. I didn't know anyone but ME like Good n' Plenty's! Is it a wino trait? I have leftover Halloween candy that I locked up in a safe (for real, I'm not joking).

I am blue tonight and having some yearnings but not going to drink. I just feel sad, empty and disconnected and don't want to even talk to anyone. Ridiculous to see that written but it is how I feel. I guess my wine kept me from noticing my feelings and fears. Now I have to deal with them?! UGH!!!

I miss behaving inappropriately and blaming others for it. Heh. Kidding. Sort of. :smirk
Mel, I think that feeling of isolation is pretty common. I went through an intensely sad period and am still dealing with it, though it's improved. I recently heard someone say our addiction filled a void and coming out of it that void seems vast and unmanageable. Every day is easier. We're here if you need us.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hey,

1:50am - Day 24 and another SOBER Friday night ...

I fell asleep a few hours ago but as per I've woken back up lol ...

My meeting went really well yesterday, asked them to trial me 6 months on the business plan I put together and got a good response! They said we'll obviously have to discuss it and let you know next week but I could tell I got it.
Whether they change any of my plan a little I'm not sure but I'm 95% sure I got it! So this really is a massive step forwards for me.
Working self employed all commission only is tough and so stressful, now if I start this I will be full time and employed by them so will scrap other work I do and just devote my full time hours to them.

Not sure what else to report... Hate to sound negative and should be buzzing after that meeting but I'm feeling really s**t, I'm constantly so tired and like I'm hungover, just not feeling good at all. I'll be glad when I get my bloods done, I know it's early days but I don't think my sleeping should be this messed up still or this constant brain fog...

Soulshine - good to read your post and see things moving in the right direction for you! Really pleased for you, hope you get the new wheels sorted!

Thinking of all of you and wish everyone a happy weekend!!!

K x
Old 11-03-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kit2017 View Post
I'm constantly so tired and like I'm hungover, just not feeling good at all.
K x
I'm there with ya, especially in the morning. I've also got the stumbling of words and memory fog....with a little dose of klutz.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi all - just checking in after a very long day! Great to see some positive events, determination and encouragement to each other on this thread. Long day in a wonderful way! My beautiful perfect nephew was born just a few hours ago after my sister's very long labor. I am so grateful that i experienced all of this sober/not hung over and not dying to leave the hospital for a drink. I was present and enjoying time with my family. No doubt that just two weeks ago - that would not have been the case. I am determined that this lil kiddo will never know drunk auntie! I still have many obstacles and struggles ahead - both spiritually and legally, but this new precious life has given me a real ray of hope. Wishing everyone a safe and sober weekend. I think i will finally get some good sleep tonight!

Night all
Old 11-03-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hey. Dee said this is a safe zone, so, I'm going to unload a little. I really appreciate all the support I've had from this class. I almost lost it when I saw the inquiry from badge. I am on the edge right now. If I fail, do I go back to a different class? This class is great but I want to follow the rules. I'm in a bad place right now.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:06 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hang in there Bob

Hi Bob.
I just saw your post.
It’s 5 am where I am.
I just woke up and logged in.
We need you here Bob so please hang on.
What’s happened today to push you to the edge? I’m here on line now if you want to talk?
Victor
Old 11-03-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

just logged in also Bob, will be around chat if you need. and no you do not need to leave, please don't. you can post to as many threads as you like, What happened?

Badge
Old 11-03-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Love your post Rubaduck! sounds like an awesome day and that your settling in to this soberiety stuff.

Kit I really hope they find an easy solution to your issues, change up a vitamin or something. I need to get my blood tested, heck i need a physical, but have been to worried about the liver function tests ratting me out as to how much I drink so I am waiting a few months before that leap.

Kittens settling in LuLu?

Badge
Old 11-04-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Thanks badgerden - I'll be ok, I think it'll just be something simple like a vitamin needed like you say. Got the Docs Monday so will be getting my bloods taken to check.

It's 9am here, I was awake all night from 1am but managed to get around 2hours, think I drifted off around 7am and just woke now.

BOB - Stay with us, we have good times and bad times to share on here and all support each other!!! I'm like the manic one, one post is bouncing with positivity then I'm on the floor miserable after getting no sleep

Seriously though, share how ever you feel or what ever you are going through! We are all in this together and this place is a massive support network,

Thinking of you! Stay strong.

Love to you all today - Wishing everyone a Happy and Peaceful SOBER SATURDAY!

K x
Old 11-04-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Bob: DON'T DO IT! Stay with us, hang in there, have faith. Don't go into it with the "If I fail" mentality, go into it with the "I will not fail" mentality. Easier said than done, yes, but keep repeating that to you. If you are religious, pray, pray, then pray some more. God can lift the urges from you if you let Him do so. Again, easier said than done. Use your strategies to avoid drinking. If you don't have strategies, let us help you develop them.
Mel: Those feelings you are having are completely, totally normal and are to be expected. You hit the nail on the head. The situations driving those feelings were there before but the alcohol masked them. The feelings will pass but it does take time. Don't allow yourself to isolate because then the darkness will come creeping in and we know the path that will lead us down. Force yourself to engage even if you don't want to. Even just calling your support systems. Friends, family. Hopefully you have someone or better yet, several someones, who know your struggles. Reach out to them and talk to them. Invite yourself over to their house. Get out and about. Socialize with your "safe zone" people.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Everyone! Hope everyone has a terrific Sat. It is raining here. Good day to bake(a birthday cake for my bf). And read my 2nd book in the Nora Roberts "Three Sisters Island" Series.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Hey. Dee said this is a safe zone, so, I'm going to unload a little. I really appreciate all the support I've had from this class. I almost lost it when I saw the inquiry from badge. I am on the edge right now. If I fail, do I go back to a different class? This class is great but I want to follow the rules. I'm in a bad place right now.
Hi Bob - my advice is not worry about what ifs,

That inner demon will try and grind you down and doubt yourself.

It wants to make you believe that nothing will change anyway if you stay sober so whats the point.

That my friend is 100 % A grade BS.

Getting sober changed everything for me., Not right away, but inevitably.

Don't lose heart

the best thing to do is fight this thing with both hands and beat it.

and yes you're always welcoem here

D