Notices

Class of March 2016 part 60

Old 10-27-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
I'm continuing to try and build some new things into my life to give me a better chance at staying sober forever. I've joined a new gym that has some group classes, and a new golf group. I know I can't continue my old routine and just "not drink".
Have a great day!
I'm doing the same MITA. Except I'm having troubles deciding what to do. I really need some lifestyle changes. Wish I could find something to get excited about!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day four. Count me in the "slept great" crowd here.

Work this evening. Should be a busy one. Hope I make lots of money. No real plan for the day beforehand. Might go thrift shopping. Or take a nap. Or both. But I do know I ain't gonna drink.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Off to Costco soon. Tonight my oldest is coming over to watch the wee ones so hubby and I can go out. We haven’t been out since March! As usual we have no plans though so we’ll probably spend most of the night wandering around aimlessly looking for a place to eat. 🙄

Have a good day everyone! TGIF!
Old 10-27-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Off to Costco soon. Tonight my oldest is coming over to watch the wee ones so hubby and I can go out. We haven’t been out since March! As usual we have no plans though so we’ll probably spend most of the night wandering around aimlessly looking for a place to eat. 🙄

Have a good day everyone! TGIF!
He says, " what do you want to eat?"

She says, "I don't care, what do you want?"

He sighs heavily.

That's how our nights out go. Have fun!
Old 10-27-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just makes me want to get married first thing tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Just makes me want to get married first thing tomorrow.
Gotta get a date first.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just kidding.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Star date 0650 Dogurday. Even tho I do not have a dog. And it does not work like 'caturday'- but I prefer dogs. Going to be a quiet day. Just a meetink in the afternoon. Watching to old TV telemovie 'Tinman'. Okay- although a bit cheesy.
A contemporary version of the Wizard of OZ, where it is pronounced ' oh-zee'.
Brain has dreams analysing dreams- then reminding observer me of obvious things like 'remember to check the date to that appointment'.
Be kind to yourselves.
MITA- I agree with you- you cannot replace a long held activity (something) with nothing. Many do volunteer stuff- a gym is good.
My plan (see) is to set my self up with a really comfortable home, make sure the family are all good for homes- then do philanthropic stuff. The only thing I have to do now- is wait for a lot of money to appear.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hello friends!

Finally got my butt to the gym after work....gotsta get back on track....

Did a guided meditation ~ Heart Chakra w/ contemplation card + my new Oracle cards

Work tomorrow morning at my p/t job.....haven't heard anything from boss about going in early, so I don't have to be there until 6!

"Psycho" is coming on Turner Classic Movies tonight!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. It's TV time. Catch ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning.

Thanks for keeping me sober today!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Pretty quiet in here today/tonight, hope everyone is doing OK.

Work kinda stunk. I mean everything ran OK and I had a good attitude all night but just had less-than-stellar tips. Oh well, it happens. The good usually outweighs the bad.

Gonna wind down with some bad TV. It's 15 minutes until midnight and I didn't drink today. That's a win. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Happy Saturday Marchers. Hubby has opened the huge bottle of bourbon he bought duty free and has been glued to the couch watching Netflix and drinking today. It's annoying. I'm going to make him pay by being a cow to him lol.. I'm making homemade pizza tonite...my appetite is huge at the moment so I've decided to get the bike out and ride to and from work for the next few months...and maybe throw in some running too.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Marchers!

Mish, biking to work sounds great. And you sound strong too! Sorry about your husband. I'm lucky that my wife has 1-2 glasses of wine a day and that's it. Very lucky. But you got this!

I'm still battling a head cold and feeling mopey. Yesterday I took a long walk which didn't help. Today it's chores. But no desire to drink. It really starts to fade as the months go by. Yesterday was textbook drinking territory for me--but nothing happened, no real desire despite thinking about it. Yup, I can live without it just fine.

And the money I've saved!! I used to hit up the ATM all the time. Nope, not anymore, and I'm getting used to that as well.

Have a good day everyone. Stay sober, stay cool as only us Marchers can.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry to barge in on your thread but I was reading here and just wanted to mention to Casey that "The Good Place" is also my new favorite show. Isn't it just silly and fun? I really love Janet, and all the characters for that matter! Hope everyone is doing well! I'm on Day 26 after a nasty wine binge on Oct. 2 but have lots of new supports in place so have been doing much better
Old 10-28-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Juno

D
Old 10-28-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 5 is alive.

Slept amazingly well again. It's amazing how much drinking even a small amount affects my sleep and overall well-being.

I don't usually work on Saturday but I am tonight. Hopefully it's more financially lucrative than yesterday was.

Hope your homemade pizza went well, Mish. I would love some more details on how one acts like a cow towards someone else.

You're sounding great, Pelagic. Very inspiring.

Glad you dropped in, Juno. Janet is my favorite as well. It's just such a smart, funny, well-written show. Congrats on day 26 and feel free to drop in anytime--the March 16ers are here for everyone.

Where's everyone else? I felt like I slept in and was going to be late for class but looks like I'm way early.

I'm not gonna drink today.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Another bad sleep night, but I got myself an extra large helping of startin' fluid and have pretty productive so far this morning.

I'll have to check out that show. There's not much on lately that I'm particularly interested in.

Have a great day/night everyone!
Old 10-28-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Crap about the sleep MITA. My sleep isn't. One night I will get 6 hours. It is 0300 now Sunday, slept 3 hours then wide awake.

GOOD one Juno. Drop in anytime. Have a cup of virtual coffee.

Very deep meeting yesterday. 3 funerals- including one suicide and one from end stage Korsakof's. Tears, anger..people walking out. I reflected on my own recent brushes with Mr Grim. I think my initial shock - post burns (emotionally and cognitively) turned to far, then anger- and now natural grieving. I think this because I understand the hurt now- the anger was in part due to not understanding and a need to express this frustration. A good example is an angry toddler- who out of sheer frustration at not understanding their feelings- or having the skills to express them- take an emotional dump on life by chucking a tantrum.
I wonder how a buddhist monk chucks a wobbly?
Perhaps by calling the Deli Llama '4 eyes'.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Babysitting here. They droppped off Olivia. At my house. First time ever. Feeling all kinds of feelings right now.

I like The Good Place.

Hope work goes well, Casey.
Hey, Juno.
Pelagic- get better.
MITA can you take anything to help you sleep?
BBG - hope you have an awesome Saturday!
Purple- your meditations sound cool.
Mish- You sound so strong! Keep it up, even if you have to be a cow once in a while.

Have a great weekend, guys!
Old 10-28-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Enjoy your grandbaby time, Bobbie.

I don't wanna go to work but I'm going. Have a wonderful Saturday evening/Australian Wednesday breakfast everybody!