Notices

On My Way # 6

Old 11-09-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
Thanks SL. IMO, I'm just about there; I was at the endodontist this morning and she was very pleased with the way things are progressing, but gave me a prescription for another 3 days of antibiotics which indicates to me that the infection is lingering longer than anticipated.

As for the marathon, I wrapped my head around not running this year a while ago; it's just what it is albeit disappointing. Maintaining the dedication to train and then run the race is not easy, but the feeling of completing the task is special and hopefully I'll be a finisher next year.

Today

Not much to write about; dinner plans changed last night so the carbonara is still an option. I may go with a lighter dinner because I want to hit the hay early in order to be at the gym by 6AM tomorrow.

Exercise will be limited to walking and stretching.
You are an inspiration, GC.

Onward!!!!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My core is quite sore from exercises earlier in the week so all I'm going to do today is some pushups.

Dinner tonight is up in the air for a number of reasons; I have some ideas and will be prepared with whatever comes our way. Okay, that sounded ominous; it's all for good reasons.
Good reasons - sounds like an evening to which to look forward.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Good reasons - sounds like an evening to which to look forward.
Turned out to be a fun, quiet, and early evening at home. My daughter's boyfriend came last night and is spending the weekend with us. I wound up making an experimental dish that turned out very tasty, but the optics were terrible.

Today

I went out for a short run this morning. Almost embarrassing how short it was and how I felt afterward.

Dinner tonight will be at home; the menu will be decided by who is eating here. Most likely it will involve shrimp and a garden salad.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration, GC.

Onward!!!!
:Blush:

Onward indeed. One thing I've learned is that while one may not be able to control all that happens what's most important is how one reacts. Me? I keep on keeping on.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

A different type of workout this AM. The goal was 1000 reps total of 5 different exercises. Each exercise had a goal, 100 pushups and 300 reps of heavy rope doubles, for example. Each person had the latitude to do what they wanted, when they wanted, and in the quantity they wanted. I chose not to go to exhaustion, meaning more rounds; others took the opposite approach. The only limiting factor was that we were given 45 minutes. I did not reach the 1000 goal, but a few people did. Kudos to them.

We're going to a family party tonight so no cooking for me.

A big nod to all veterans; thank you for keeping us safe.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

After yesterday's really tough workout this morning's was mild in comparison with the key words being "in comparison". I have some outdoor house stuff to attend to this afternoon, thankfully it will not involve raking, and then we'll see. Maybe a walk, maybe some time watching football.

After warm ups we did four rounds of:

Duffel bag cleans with a squat
Dynamic step ups
Stability ball planks
Russian twists
Heavy rope doubles
TRX table top rows
Mountain climbers

The kids, who may not even be home for dinner, have requested shrimp burgers so if they are here I'll make them along with a salad and some baked oven fries.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Kids are a hoot, aren't they????!!!!!

Enjoy the day, GC.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

:Blush:

Onward indeed. One thing I've learned is that while one may not be able to control all that happens what's most important is how one reacts. Me? I keep on keeping on.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Kids are a hoot, aren't they????!!!!!

Enjoy the day, GC.
Indeed! FYI, both kids and my daughter's BF will be here for dinner.

It's been a good day, thanks!

Today

The walk never happened, but I did get some functional exercise hauling stuff. I then wasted time watching the Jets-Bucs game; given that my book club is this Friday I would have been much better served reading.

Not fitness related, but something weird happened when I went to the gym yesterday. The car key I was using was on a stand alone key chain and after I parked and locked the car via the fob button I walked to the gym entrance, all of about 75 feet. After that I did my usual thing, but when I went to leave I couldn't find my car key. Not in my backpack, not in the gym, not in the parking lot, and not in my jacket. I retraced my steps several times, searched my backpack, jacket and sweat pants several times, and checked with lost and found to no avail. I did some more searching this AM and checked again with the gym with the same results. I had to have had the key to lock the car and I was in a very restricted area after that; at this point I have no idea and while I don't relish having to pay for another fob I do want the mystery solved.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Indeed! FYI, both kids and my daughter's BF will be here for dinner.

It's been a good day, thanks!

Today

The walk never happened, but I did get some functional exercise hauling stuff. I then wasted time watching the Jets-Bucs game; given that my book club is this Friday I would have been much better served reading.

Not fitness related, but something weird happened when I went to the gym yesterday. The car key I was using was on a stand alone key chain and after I parked and locked the car via the fob button I walked to the gym entrance, all of about 75 feet. After that I did my usual thing, but when I went to leave I couldn't find my car key. Not in my backpack, not in the gym, not in the parking lot, and not in my jacket. I retraced my steps several times, searched my backpack, jacket and sweat pants several times, and checked with lost and found to no avail. I did some more searching this AM and checked again with the gym with the same results. I had to have had the key to lock the car and I was in a very restricted area after that; at this point I have no idea and while I don't relish having to pay for another fob I do want the mystery solved.
Enjoy the family dinner!!!!!

Hope that you can solve the mystery.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Enjoy the family dinner!!!!!

Hope that you can solve the mystery.
Thanks about the dinner. A mid afternoon request was made for a change in the menu which made it easier for me so I was more than happy to oblige. We wound up having pan seared shrimp, grits, and roasted asparagus. After dinner we hung out for at least another hour just talking. A good evening indeed!

As for the key, I am totally out of ideas and although I will ask once again at my gym's lost and found I'm resigned to the fact that it's gone. Into the ether perhaps? :-)

Today

I'll be at the gym in the latter part of the morning for my usual fun with my trainer. After that I have a routine doctor's appointment and then will start the process of once again battling my insurance company over my asthma medication.

Both my daughter and wife are sick so I'm going to make chicken soup for dinner.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Monday morning fun with my trainer:

3 rounds of:

Incline Bb bench presses
Incline Db flyes
Incline Bb skullcrushers
Lat pulldowns
Pushups
Standing Bb curls
Standing Db shoulder presses
Planks
Russian twists

All went well, but after three days of lifting I'm going to use tomorrow as a recovery day and not touch any iron.

Dinner last night morphed into pan seared shrimp, grits, and roasted asparagus. As mentioned this AM, tonight I'm making chicken soup because both my wife and daughter are under the weather. If I get some initiative I'll make matzo balls this afternoon.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Monday morning fun with my trainer:

3 rounds of:

Incline Bb bench presses
Incline Db flyes
Incline Bb skullcrushers
Lat pulldowns
Pushups
Standing Bb curls
Standing Db shoulder presses
Planks
Russian twists

All went well, but after three days of lifting I'm going to use tomorrow as a recovery day and not touch any iron.

Dinner last night morphed into pan seared shrimp, grits, and roasted asparagus. As mentioned this AM, tonight I'm making chicken soup because both my wife and daughter are under the weather. If I get some initiative I'll make matzo balls this afternoon.
Chicken soup is magical, GC.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hope that your wife and daughter feel better soon.

It may sound crazy but breathing in the steam from chicken soup is very soothing to me.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hope that your wife and daughter feel better soon.

It may sound crazy but breathing in the steam from chicken soup is very soothing to me.
Thanks about the GC women. My daughter is still in the midst of it, but my wife seems to be faring better and, gym rat that she is (where does she get that from?) plans on going to the gym tonight.

Not crazy at all about the chicken soup steam. A number of years ago I read an article that the healing properties of chicken soup were not some wives tale, but indeed was back up by science. Exactly why, I can't recall beyond there's "something" in the soup that hastens recuperation.

Today

Exercise for the day has been a 3 mile walk and later today hauling debris from our renovations to the curb for a bulky waste pickup.

As with most Tuesdays of late my plan is for an early evening because I'll be up at 4:45 to get ready for a 6 AM gym class.

Dinner tonight is going to be chicken and a sun dried tomato pesto served over spaghetti squash.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks about the GC women. My daughter is still in the midst of it, but my wife seems to be faring better and, gym rat that she is (where does she get that from?) plans on going to the gym tonight.

Not crazy at all about the chicken soup steam. A number of years ago I read an article that the healing properties of chicken soup were not some wives tale, but indeed was back up by science. Exactly why, I can't recall beyond there's "something" in the soup that hastens recuperation.

Today

Exercise for the day has been a 3 mile walk and later today hauling debris from our renovations to the curb for a bulky waste pickup.

As with most Tuesdays of late my plan is for an early evening because I'll be up at 4:45 to get ready for a 6 AM gym class.

Dinner tonight is going to be chicken and a sun dried tomato pesto served over spaghetti squash.
Dinner sounds wonderful, GC.

Sorry to hear that your daughter is still in the midst of it
Old 11-15-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

SL, last night's dinner went over well. As I type I'm making another batch of chicken soup so we'll have a lot of cooked chicken in the house; my current thinking is that I'll freeze some of it.

My daughter is feeling better and while not 100% the arc is a positive one. Thanks for you good thoughts.

Today

This morning's workout left me spent. Four rounds of:

Lateral elevated box runs
Goblet squats
Double knee thrusters
Heavy rope fun
TRX table top rows
Kb swings

I'll burn a few extra calories by walking into town.

Dinner tonight is undecided because I don't know who is going to be home.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I wasn't at my best, but got through this morning's workout and I'm better off for it.

Dinner last night turned out to be pork chops served with a paprika cream sauce and a side of white rice. Dinner tonight will probably involve steak and roasted cauliflower.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Glad that your family is feeling better, GC
Old 11-16-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Glad that your family is feeling better, GC
Thanks SL. Common cold crap, but still annoying. Somehow me and my son avoided catching it.

Today

As often happens my morning dinner concept changed. Instead of the steak dinner I'll be making pasta carbonara. For me it's a winning situation since it's far less expensive, less time consuming to cook,and since I have all the ingredients don't have to go to the market..