Notices

Class of March 2016 part 59

Old 10-06-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

BBG- so that is your H-igher P-ower?
Old 10-06-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Checking in this afternoon. My IKEA visit was uneventful....meaning I didn’t buy anything....lol. Then we came home and took Charlie for a walk. Now just going to start dinner and have a quiet night. I’m making flax seed crusted chicken fingers...which sound questionable but are actually delicious. What’s everyone else up to tonight??
Old 10-06-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Shucks 'n be darned. I've had a pretty good day but tonight is not startin' off right. I wanted a frozen chicken pot pie for dinner but not one is the freezer! There's only two episodes of BBT!

Oh well. I've got a Salisbury steak TV dinner. And Everybody Loves Raymond is ok. So all is well in my world I guess!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

BBG - first steak sauce and now pot pie!! Who does the grocery shopping in your house?!? You should complain.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Way to look on the bright side, BBG....Mindful crap!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
BBG - first steak sauce and now pot pie!! Who does the grocery shopping in your house?!? You should complain.
Sam I gotta' fess up. It's me!!! LOL

I went to Walmart and got some A-1. But they didn't have PM. I know Amazon has it and I'll get it from them if I have too!

I could've sworn I had a pot pie in the freezer. I'll restock tomorrow. I'm really gettin' kinda' tired of 'em though. Been eatin' 'em a lot lately!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Way to look on the bright side, BBG....Mindful crap!
Gotta' learn to live with whatever life deals Purp!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sam I meant HP. Not PM. Guess I was thinkin' of the time of the day and not the sauce!!! LOL
Old 10-06-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Having some Sleepytime tea & winding down for the evening....found something on Youtube: Music to "Cleanse self doubt, fear & sabotage/Reset the mind/Freedom from unconscious fear" ~ Got my name written all over it!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 10-06-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well shucks 'n be darned. Outta' ice cream too!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning! Quick check in before I head out the door to run an errand & then therapy. Will check in later. No drinking liquid poison & misery for ME today! Anyone else with me?

Day 20.
Kiki!!! 20 days is awesome.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Back to the drawing board for me dear friends. Work stress did it this time. Not proud...I was doing so well. I've drunk enough over the past week to expect some withdrawals again. Just feeling defeated at the moment. :-(
Old 10-06-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

what do you think stops you from asking for help before you drink Mish?

D
Old 10-06-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Back to the drawing board for me dear friends. Work stress did it this time. Not proud...I was doing so well. I've drunk enough over the past week to expect some withdrawals again. Just feeling defeated at the moment. :-(
Mish pickup the pieces and start again. I try to use every relapse I've had as a learning experience. What went wrong? What can I do different next time?

I haven't got this right yet. But I'll never give up. I will succeed!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
what do you think stops you from asking for help before you drink Mish?

D
I don't know D. It all happened so quickly and I was like..I got this it's not going to be like all the other times. I did reach out to my dear friend Nic233 on SR but that was after I started drinking again. I tried at the beginning of the week to get an appointment at the doctors but they couldn't fit me in til next Tuesday. We only have one doctor in the town I live in. I just don't know what to do. I popped into SR to see what you guys were up to but was too ashamed to post. Every time I get a few months under my belt this happens and I go back to square 1. Looking at the next three months now makes me think whats the point of even trying if I keep falling off the wagon at that point. But I know there's no other way. I just have to keep trying. I just want to cry :-(
Old 10-06-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Mish pickup the pieces and start again. I try to use every relapse I've had as a learning experience. What went wrong? What can I do different next time?

I haven't got this right yet. But I'll never give up. I will succeed!!!
You're right BBG. It's all about adding to the recovery plan isn't it. I thought mine was rock solid. Boy was I wrong. xxx
Old 10-06-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

You're right BBG. It's all about adding to the recovery plan isn't it. I thought mine was rock solid. Boy was I wrong. xxx
If this were easy there would be no alcoholics! Get goin' again!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know D. It all happened so quickly and I was like..I got this it's not going to be like all the other times. I did reach out to my dear friend Nic233 on SR but that was after I started drinking again. I tried at the beginning of the week to get an appointment at the doctors but they couldn't fit me in til next Tuesday. We only have one doctor in the town I live in. I just don't know what to do. I popped into SR to see what you guys were up to but was too ashamed to post. Every time I get a few months under my belt this happens and I go back to square 1. Looking at the next three months now makes me think whats the point of even trying if I keep falling off the wagon at that point. But I know there's no other way. I just have to keep trying. I just want to cry :-(
I think you're probably farther along now than you might feel at the moment.

You have shown you can be sober - now you just need to stay sober.

it's like you've taken off from Planet Addiction - now you need to achieve escape velocity

I think the really important thing there is to take drinking off the table as a viable option.

No matter what the reason is, there's always another way to deal with it without drinking. You have to find the courage to be uncomfortable for a little while until you find alternative strategies for coping with life, work, emotions or whatever it is

and..I know it's hard to reach out - but it's a skill we need to develop. The weekender thread is about that very subject right now - pop in and take a look if you haven't already

D
Old 10-06-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. Gonna' lay down and watch Everybody Loves Raymond.