Notices

Class of March 2016 part 59

Old 10-05-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Night y'all!

And Thirteenth....I forgot to say hi today. Good to see you as always....
Old 10-05-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Night guys.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My long posts aren't what they used to be, Kiki. I miss lots of people. You didn't forget me, just covering what you can.

Shift into selfish mode...my see-sawing is of course not helping. I'm still clearly not "willing to do anything to achieve and maintain" sobriety. I don't know why it is that I continue to be, for lack of a better term, unready. Being unburdened from this disease sounds like paradise and yet shots into the foot continue. Work in progress as I've been in all my time with you wonderful mates.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Shucks 'n be darned. I'm outta' A-1 steak sauce!!!
That happened to my husband and I a couple of weeks ago. 😭😭😭
Old 10-05-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hope u r ok, Cristina.

Uck- alcoholics. I ran my Friday meeting,. You know - the one with a lot of homeless guys, newies...raw, visceral. There is one long time sober person who recently refusded to share- last, loyudly saying sick of being asked to share with no time left. Also refused my request for them to chair twice. Also never helps set up or clean up. Respect them. They recently avoided this meeting be-c too many newies shaing- not enuf oldies- for consistency..and told me as such. So today tried to adjust dynamic to keep them happy.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

do not know what happened there. They also today advised me on who to ask to share. Then told another of what they told me. I told this person I was going to ask them to share- for the consistency bit. So after all that- this person leaves early. And yes I know ALL the answers- not in my control, accept- blah. It is annoying and makes my teeth itch. On explaining the format of the meeting at the beginning- this person and another oldie- tlking and laughing over me- interrupted me and said ' we ALL know how it works, John- we have all been here b4-' then continued laughing. I pointed out there were new people who actually did NOT know. And others were just as flighty. The meeting was about double the usual size. Lots of people thanked me after- telling me a very good meeting, but it still makes my teeth itch. And YES I know I am me- and others react to me- which is why I do not react at meeting. Draining. I prefer plants some days.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Kudos, Phoenix ~ I don't know how you do it!

Keep checking in, Thirteenth ~ We never know when it may "just click" for us when we least expect it....

Well, so much for sleeping in on my day off! LOL ~ About to make my first cuppa startin' fluid.....no real plans for the day, only I need to get to the gym at some point.....thinking of going this morning & getting it over with.....

Old 10-06-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Early start for me today - starting' fluid in hand. I'm on the road a lot the next month or so. I like to travel, but this is a bit much even for me. Fortunately, I've got quite a bit of vacation I need to burn through before the end of the year so November and December should be reasonably travel free. As tiring as the travel is, I think it makes it easier for me to stay on track. The vacation time will be trickier!

PJ, your stories are a never ending source of fascination. I'm not sure how you do it.

Good morning Purps, and good to see you around Thirteenth.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

HA! That was just this afternoon.
2100 now. The closest person to a friend arrives at the door, has just finished her second week in a full time job..manic, incoherent and stringing illogical thoughts together. Apparently she is going to conquer the world.
The guy upstairs has been out for a binge- he is really ramped up. Screaming, balling, singing, laughing, babbling- swearing..all at 10000decibels. And the guy above him has been on the gear. His g/f has arrived. The last time- there was ambulance and police involved.
Me? I made sure all my doors were locked- put on quiet music and painted. My art work tonight is weird.
Now I am watching Matt Damon in 'The great wall'- where he plays a crusader helping a beautiful female chinese general- from the good ol' empire days save the world from dinosaur type creatures controlled - by pyschic magnetism from their queen. If they fail- these horrid, horrid monsters will eat every human on earth. I have faith in Matt. It is like he has been bourne again.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning!! Grey and dreary here today...but still warm, so no complaints. Already consumed one cuppa startin' fluid and moving on to the second.

PJ - your neighbors make mine seem like living next door to Mary Poppins. Geez....never a dull moment for you huh?

BBG - when I was a kid it was HP Sauce in our house. And nothing could make a grown man (my dad) sadder than to be all ready to eat his steak and realize you had run out of HP. Lol. A sad state of affairs for sure.

Purplrks - enjoy your day off!!

MITA - vacation time is much harder for me too. It's easier to stay on track when you know you have to be up early, or have a morning meeting or whatever. For me it's also harder to disappoint other people than it is to disappoint myself. Terrible but true. Travel safe!!

Thirteenth - all we can do every single day is just keep trying. As long as we have fight left in us we will never give up. Hugs.

Well I am off to shower and find some morning sustenance. Love you all!!
Old 10-06-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning! Quick check in before I head out the door to run an errand & then therapy. Will check in later. No drinking liquid poison & misery for ME today! Anyone else with me?

Day 20.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Startin' fluid in hand contemplating my day!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
My long posts aren't what they used to be, Kiki. I miss lots of people. You didn't forget me, just covering what you can.

Shift into selfish mode...my see-sawing is of course not helping. I'm still clearly not "willing to do anything to achieve and maintain" sobriety. I don't know why it is that I continue to be, for lack of a better term, unready. Being unburdened from this disease sounds like paradise and yet shots into the foot continue. Work in progress as I've been in all my time with you wonderful mates.
Thirteenth I soooo understand!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
BBG - when I was a kid it was HP Sauce in our house. And nothing could make a grown man (my dad) sadder than to be all ready to eat his steak and realize you had run out of HP. Lol. A sad state of affairs for sure.
Sam I sympathize with your dad. But I'll admit I had to look up HP sauce. Now I gotta' try it. Which means I get another steak!!! Oh boy.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm with you Kiki. No liquid poison for me today!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

No poison for me either...."Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Got my exercise done so I figured I'd do some laundry....that should free up part of tomorrow for me....

Here's a funny for ya: The morning radio show I listen to had "Tom Petty Karaoke" today where they all took turns singing a different song live in the studio....Galvin, the ball buster is my favorite....he reminded me of my Dad after Carmin sang....she was all proud like "Can I hit a note or what?!?" and Galvin said "It may not be the right note, but yeah" ~ I almost drove off the road laughing so hard!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Sober bus is rolling, it's never too late to hop on board, especially on a Friday. Come join us and well ride on thru the weekend together.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...us-pt-8-a.html (Please stay on the Sober Bus -- pt.8)
Old 10-06-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Feeling rotten again. About the same time of day! Hmmm....
Old 10-06-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

That's good that you are recognizing that, right BBG? Any music you like to listen to that may cheer you up? I like to pull up Youtube videos of relaxing music, sounds or crap like that.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks Purp.