Notices

Class of March 2016 part 59

Old 10-20-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes MITA.

13th - again I can only offer my hope that you'll work out whatever are the things holding you back from good positive change.

I really hope you can jump on the recovery wagon train without losing too many things of value before you do.

Best Wishes MITA

Try and remember balance Kiki - don't overwhelm yourself, ya hear?

Have a good night Lillian, PR, Sam, Purps, Mish BBG, Pelagic, Bobbie and anyone I've missed from the last day or so,.

D
Old 10-20-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hello friends

I have the day off today.....gotta couple of appointments this morning but I'll be around. Also picked up a pumpkin to carve this afternoon; if all goes well I'll post a picture (and that's a BIG 'IF')
Old 10-20-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening people!

Finishing up a few nagging chores later today, but we're leaving town for the weekend. My wife is running a half marathon. I'll be there for "moral support" as they say, but mostly I'll be wandering around with a cup of startin' fluid in my hand, and trying not to look too out of place amongst the healthy throng and their brightly-colored clothing. I'll be wearing khaki/olive, as usual.

Hope all goes well with your stress test, MITA. My doc is mighty hands off I guess. She told me to stop drinking and get a colonoscopy, but that's it. I've only done one of those two things so far. You can guess which.

Thirteenth, wishing you the best. Just remember us drinkers love to hide it. If you have a houseguest that's probably what you'll do. I hope you can give sobriety a real chance. It's tough at first but it does get better.

Good to see so many of us checking in. Stay sober and keep on keepin' on.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Good morning. Hoping for an easy slide into the weekend - even with the stress test! Had an afternoon crazy thought yesterday - the usual time of day for me - I'm definitely better at waiting those out now, but I'm surprised it still happens as often as it does.

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good to see so many of us checking in. Stay sober and keep on keepin' on.
I agree with this, big time. This class has a lot of staying power, that's for sure. We are a fun bunch, but a tough bunch too. BBG is a tough guy and a softie at the same time

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Morning!

I know Lillian! I'm crazy busy. It's dumb. Things are gonna slow way down from November-March. I'm looking forward to it but on the other hand idle time is not my friend so I need to be careful! I'm also a very hyper person who gets bored easily. Ha.

Speaking of busy...I have to head to therapy & then a meeting. Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-20-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
MITA - hope the stress test comes out ok! I just got told I need to do that...all I could think was, why would my heart attack me? I love her!
This made me laugh - thanks Lillian.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Purple - good lord girl, sleep in. That's what days off are for. Have fun with the pumpkin carving.

PHX - don't run into any lamp posts. I laughed when I read Dee's post. You're going to kick some butt. I'm still waiting on the background check for the prison work. I think I begin school in January. Pretty excited about that.

Lillian - never going to be able to put on a pair of sweat pants again without singing David Bowie.

MITA - enjoy your day off. Good luck with the stress test.

13th - dude. you know what to do. just saying

PR - hope your day is filled with swimming pools and rainbows.

BBG - have a great day!

Kiki - remember to take big breaths between activities. It's kind of important.

PCBH - hope you have an awesome day and are feeling better.

Lunablue - hey!

Pelagic - have fun at your wife's half. I was supposed to be running one this Sunday, but my training got derailed. Life happens.

Hi Dee!

AK - Hope your Friday is awesome!

Have the best day ever, sober March people!

Check in if you haven't.

Cristina? Missing you.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
13th - dude. you know what to do. just saying
And that's what it comes down to. Being partially intelligent I understand, and yet I apparently don't. Hashtag, Addiction.

I promise I won't stop trying. I want to thank you all for the support and patience you've given while I've given almost nothing in return. I'm going to step away for a bit again. It's nobody's fault but my own, but I can't stay here now when I'm not doing the right things. I will be back.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

I think the best place for you is right here. We're here to support you unconditionally.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Don't go too far, Thirteenth! Stay close & keep checking in...

I laughed about the sweat pants thing too....y'all are just too stinkin' funny!

Errands done for the day: gym, car oil change & kitty checkup at the vet.....

Now it's laundry & pumpkin time....haven't started gutting it yet....think I'll put in one of my dvds of the boys to get me going (they inspired the design I'm attempting to carve)

Oh....and a new Starbucks flavor.....Maple Pecan with an extra shot of espresso!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
I'm going to step away for a bit again. It's nobody's fault but my own, but I can't stay here now when I'm not doing the right things. I will be back.
No 13th don’t do that. Stay and hang out with us. You have no chance on your own while you are struggling. We have ALL been in your shoes. You have a group of friends here who care and completely understand. If you fade away it’s just you and addiction. You are in a war, you need your troops!

Well apparently we get 1 day of fall at a nice 71 degrees today. Next week we crawl back up to the 100s for a few days 😡 blah. I’m going to take advantage of it and make white bean chicken chili and homemade bread for dinner. We’ll do a little bit of school today but this weekend is my daughters birthday and she requested one of mommas custom made birthday banners for her birthday dinner so I better get on that. Somehow her birthday really snuck up on me this year. I haven’t even gone shopping for gifts yet 😬

I guess I’m gonna have use my beatleguese summonsing powers to summons a few people

Casey Casey Casey
Ladybug Ladybug Ladybug
Cristina Cristina Cristina

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 10-20-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hope your magic works, PR.

Going home soon. Expecting a pretty busy weekend - so if I'm not around - Have a great weekend everyone.

Don't drink. It's dumb.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Well, I survived the devil women running the stress test It was not so bad. Apparently, I am in reasonably decent shape compared to most people (at least most people that are doing this stress test) - this is good and bad, because what it really means is you stay on that treadmill longer. Not bad for someone who categorizes any exercise that has more than 5 repetitions as cardio.

Meet with the cardiologist next week to review the results - I'm sure it's all good.

Enjoy the weekend folks - I'll be around a bit, and looking forward to keeping up with everyone.

Don't drink. It's dumb.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm going to step away for a bit again. It's nobody's fault but my own, but I can't stay here now when I'm not doing the right things. I will be back.
And those are the kind of decisions that keep you drinking 13th....

Do something different. heck, do the opposite.
Commit to posting here daily for 90 days or something?

D
Old 10-20-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Thirteenth...Thirteenth....Thirteenth.....
(The chanting continues )

Gotta be up extra early tomorrow so I'd better get some sleep.....HUGS everyone!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Night everyone! I agree....Thirteenth....don't leave. Stay with us. We love you.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Nitey night everybody. Thirteenth I hope to see you tomorrow along with everyone else!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Good night everyone!

Thirteenth, echoing all the comments here, stick around - we really, really like you!!!
Old 10-21-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

13th- post! The most important time to post- is when you do not want to.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

SO PLEASE KEEP POSTING. This thread is only as good as all who share in it.