Notices

Class of March 2016 part 59

Old 10-18-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Morning!

PR you were super close with my name.

Bobbie - congrats on both of your babies.

Did my meditations this morning, hoping to be back on track today. It’s beautiful out. I love chillier, but sunny, fall days!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Okay guys going to try to make this as short as possible but I feel the need to share.

I have been really struggling lately. With drinking yes...but also just with life. You know when nothing is really going wrong but the darkness starts seeping in anyways. I guess a bit like slipping down a rabbit hole. No way out but you’re not really not looking for one. You get kinda comfortable in the wallowing.

So anyways I reached out to a friend yesterday and she gave me a few things to do - like a list of healthy steps to take. And I did them. Well one was to see/talk to my counsellor (who I haven’t been in touch with in a bit) - so I emailed him last night not expecting to hear back until today but lo and behold he called me right then. We talked for a while about valuing myself and how I basically suck at it. Nothing earth shattering or hugely important. Well when I hung up I realized that we hadn’t once talked about my past. Huh. That had never happened before. Everything in my life revolves around that. Right? Double huh. Kinda weird and kinda cool. That’s progress. I had made real progress without even realizing it. I always assumed that there would be like some huge moment when I would “graduate” to normalcy. But I guess sometimes life is just life and feelings are just feelings. And that’s okay.

Not really sure why I’m sharing this but I feel like I’ve escaped the rabbit hole this morning and the light is pretty blinding.

Also I lied. This wasn’t a short post. Sorry. (Not really but that’s the Canadian thing to say)

Love you guys and happy hump day!!
Old 10-18-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Great job PCBH!

Morning everyone. Was up with Olivia. Overslept. Need an IV of startin' fluid. It was worth it.

Have an awesome day!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Morning all, and good to see you Spacegoat!!

Second cup of starting fluid in hand - I can see some light at the end the work tunnel - hoping to have some time Friday to goof off - even if just for half the day.

The mornings are awesome here in the Valley of the Sun - I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching the sun come up over the mountains.

Sam, I love your post - thanks for sharing (even if it was pretty long - but not long by old Casey standards!). I understand how you feel - I think a lot of us can get that way sometimes, but I'm glad you are letting the light shine in now. If it makes you feel better, your posts always brighten up my days

Bobbie, that baby is amazing - with someone like you in her life, she is a lucky girl.

Have a great day!!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Awww Bobbie she’s beautiful! 😍 I wish my brother and SIL would have another one so I can get my baby fix! He’s the only one left, the rest of us are done with babies!

Off to swim class today. We might blow off school after for a water balloon fight. It’s in the 90s here still but we should start cooling down in November.

Have a great day everyone! I’ll catch up with you all later!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sam- you 'nadians live in a b-i-g country. So small is big. I am happy for you talking to your professional friend.

I am taking my struggling friend to a small SMART meeting I used to go to when I first went to recovery. Needing more the every day coping strategies/support than speakers.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Evening!!

Hey Spacegoat! Great to see you!!

Bobbie - omg that baby is delicious ❤️

PJ - your friend is lucky to have your in their corner.

MITA - time goofing off sounds like the perfect way to spend a Friday.

Hey AK!! Meditation used to be something I did daily but I’ve kind of fallen out of the habit. Thanks for the reminder. May try one before heading to work tomorrow

Well I am off to find some tea. I’m thinking peppermint.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sam, not sure if you were are a Tragically Hip fan, but it seems all of Canada is mourning the death of their singer. The Hip took underrated to a new level - I could never understand why they weren't more famous.

Made it to the gym again today, which is always good. Nothing let's you know that God loves you quite like a few sets of heavy deadlifts

Gonna grab a little snack and then head to the grocery store - can't go food shopping hungry!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Not a fan of their music but he was a great guy. Watched an interview with our PM today where he broke down talking about Gord....touching moment.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

They mentioned him on the radio today but I'm not familiar with their music. Sorry to hear about yet another music loss

I've been sticking with the guided meditation, so far so good.....haven't been to the gym in a few days, tho....

Drum lesson this evening: I brought in one of my magazines & my instructor was teasing me 'cause everything I bring in has to do with Shannon (Well, DUH!) ~ Turns out we started working on the song "Something Different" which he wasn't familiar with.....so teach was excited to be learning different Godsmack material too (That's right!)
Old 10-18-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Today on the radio they announced Billy Joel coming to town in February....our afternoon host said he had experienced "misheard lyrics" to one of the songs when he was younger.....he thought "She's always a woman" was "She's a weasel woman" ~ Then he played it and that's what it sounds like! You probably had to be there but it was really funny
Old 10-18-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. Thanks for keeping me sober today!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
MITA there were maaaaaaany times I drank to say FU to my husband. I was the only one who had to pay for it.

Hang in there!
Boy oh Boy that was one of my most common justifications to myself. Blame it on someone else even though ultimately it was my choice.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

My sister went to Chris Cornell’s grave about a month ago Purps, I totally thought of you when she posted the pic.

There is a company that puts misheard lyrics on t-shirts and mugs. My favorite (for obvious reasons) 😉 was “it must have been love, but I’m sober now” I think the song is by Heart it’s really “it must have been love, but it’s over now” 😂
Old 10-18-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Nitey night friends. Thanks for keeping me sober today!!!
Sweet dreams BBG xxx
Old 10-18-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Well that's typical...wrote a long post and boom! Internet goes down.
Anyhow it was all about Sam's post (which I loved). A lesson I've learned recently is to ask for help regardless of whether I feel weak and vulnerable. I have issues with asking for help because I'm scared of getting hurt. So I have now added this to my Recovery Plan toolkit. Regardless of whether I'm worried about being perceived as weak I will always ask for help before picking up a drink.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Oh my....Olivia is so very beautiful. Welcome to the world Angel.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post

There is a company that puts misheard lyrics on t-shirts and mugs. My favorite (for obvious reasons) 😉 was “it must have been love, but I’m sober now” I think the song is by Heart it’s really “it must have been love, but it’s over now” 😂
Haha - that is truly LOL funny!! I'm sure more than one person has woken up with something like that running through their head

Mish, keep adding to that tool kit - i don't think it can ever get too big!

Nitey Night BBG.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Well, my struggling friend came with me to a SMART meeting. Locale in the same place I started my recovery journey- and joined up withSR. The facilitator was very concerned about her- and spoke with her afterwards. My friend is going back tomorrow to see about getting into the program I am just finishing in. I am relieved for her. AA is good- for that 90 minutes- but a structured 24/7 supported staffed prgram is what she needs. Also shared about feeling crap- especially after the burns stuff. PTSD. I did n get asked to elaborate of have others help me- as they were much worse than me- and just by that initial share- I know more clearly what I have to do.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hey PJ, that is good news about your friend. You should feel pretty good about helping her get to the meeting. I hope she can get the help she needs. Also, good that you got to share your recent experience, even if just a little. No question that sometimes just getting things out of our head and into the discussion makes a lot of things pretty clear, pretty fast.

Hope you have a good day