Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 296

Old 09-24-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Tough time coping at the moment. Need to slow down. Sober but very worried and sad. It will be ok. My father is now struggling health-wise, also. It seems like too much but I need to have strong faith that we can make changes and find ways to cope and adjust. Need to take care and stay healthy and sober, and get help for both of them. I am kind of shaky and overwhelmed. There are ways to make things better. One minute at a time. I want to be sober and not run from anything that's going on. I need to help care for my family, and know people in helping professions that can advise and refer me to the right people. I cant take an extended leave from my job, but I will find people to help us. We have good doctors. They have some house help. Just need a bit more.

My brother is a good man but is in denial--he works constantly and doesn't know what to do to help. He doesn't want to think about it. He is like I used to be--coping with alcohol every night. No more for me. As stressful as things are, they are better than they were when I was drinking. Illness in the family is inevitable and scary and sad, but there are many ways to cope and adjust and help our loved ones. I will do everything I can, and not drink.

It's odd how it's the furthest thing from my mind right now...but wonderful too. The worst thing I could do is abandon them by drinking to escape. Not going to abandon me either. Even in the middle of this there is such light and joy in my life. My friendships and relationships are getting so much better. A couple are being re-established. I feel able to love and be part of life again. I feel authentic and connected again. I was so cut off when drinking, so lonely even with people.

24 more and thank you so much for listening.

Have a great evening or morning wherever you are. Glad to be on this path with you; I feel very blessed.

Love

Red
Old 09-24-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Goodnight, all.

Pleasant dreams.
GOODnite Dear One.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Hi everyone,

Tough time coping at the moment. Need to slow down. Sober but very worried and sad. It will be ok. My father is now struggling health-wise, also. It seems like too much but I need to have strong faith that we can make changes and find ways to cope and adjust. Need to take care and stay healthy and sober, and get help for both of them. I am kind of shaky and overwhelmed. There are ways to make things better. One minute at a time. I want to be sober and not run from anything that's going on. I need to help care for my family, and know people in helping professions that can advise and refer me to the right people. I cant take an extended leave from my job, but I will find people to help us. We have good doctors. They have some house help. Just need a bit more.

My brother is a good man but is in denial--he works constantly and doesn't know what to do to help. He doesn't want to think about it. He is like I used to be--coping with alcohol every night. No more for me. As stressful as things are, they are better than they were when I was drinking. Illness in the family is inevitable and scary and sad, but there are many ways to cope and adjust and help our loved ones. I will do everything I can, and not drink.

It's odd how it's the furthest thing from my mind right now...but wonderful too. The worst thing I could do is abandon them by drinking to escape. Not going to abandon me either. Even in the middle of this there is such light and joy in my life. My friendships and relationships are getting so much better. A couple are being re-established. I feel able to love and be part of life again. I feel authentic and connected again. I was so cut off when drinking, so lonely even with people.

Have a great evening or morning wherever you are. Glad to be on this path with you; I feel very blessed.

Love

Red
Sending prayers for all of you and know you're sobriety is key. Love you. You'll get through.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Love to you, erfra.
Thank you kindly my beautiful dearest friend. The same to you.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Hi everyone,

Love

Red
(((((dear Red))))). You have so much going on in your life right now. It is certainly an overwhelming time.

Sobriety will definitely help you to put the right plans in place.

I am so glad that, in the midst of all of this, you are to see the light and joy in your life.

We are here for you.

Sending you love.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
(((Efra))) happy times will come again
Hope so.
Hugs back Jo.
Hey but still sober ..........
Old 09-24-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
thank you kindly my beautiful dearest friend. The same to you.
❤️
Old 09-24-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Love to you erfra... I hope you are feeling a bit better today. xx
My cold still hanging in me taking medication, sleep this afternoon but no matter what I'm going to work tomorrow.

Love back with hugs delightful friend.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Question

Another 24 and more in store, the alternative being the pits.

Thinking of Kindling my new book as my former Australian publisher was most unsatisfactory. Bit worried about all they want to know however.......

Encouragement to all engaged in super sobriety.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
All ok Phoenix Just blowing off some steam mate...
Blow all the steam away
is that what it takes to stay away from the first drink.
I do the same here myself.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Welcome back, heyfly. Glad you are here.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

6:18 pm in California and checking in for another 24. Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 09-24-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Anyone heard from the newlweyweds today?
Old 09-24-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Anyone heard from the newlweyweds today?
Not I.

Hoping for a photo or two tomorrow!!!!!!!!

How is your Mom, Delilah?
Old 09-24-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Day 7, and feeling like a whole new person! Here is to 24 more and pushing back into the work week. Happy (American) Football Day! Go Pack Go! Have a great day all!

One week ago I was sneaking a bottle of rum into the movie theaters so I could get drunk while watching the movie "It" alone. When I left the movie, the bottle was gone and I was trashed. I drove to the local arcade and played video games for a few hours and continued to drink. I somehow made it home that night, and vomited over the railing into my downstairs neighbors yard. These behaviors weren't uncommon for me. One week later, sober, motivated, and much more emotionally stable.

If I can do it, anyone can.
What a difference a week makes! So glad you are here with us.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 92317Anewlife View Post
Day#1 - 6 hours
Welcome to the thread!! You will find so much support here. ❤️
Old 09-24-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi,
Happy Wedding Day & now Night dear Suze and Nick ❤️❤️ !! Here's to a long, healthy, and loving life together
Love,
Bobbi & Ken
Old 09-24-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

And, time to check in for my next 24.
Bobbi
Old 09-24-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations to Suze and Nick!
Old 09-24-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 220 (permalink)