Notices

Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 09-16-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Morning all!

On my way to work. Another Starbucks stop. This is becoming an expensive morning habit. Shouldn't complain too much though - certainly not as much as a bottle of wine every day.

Great job yesterday Kiki!

Hey Mish! Congrats on 4 weeks!!

Well I'm off. Check in if you haven't in a while - drinking or not we love you and need you!!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening (circle one)!

Good to see you back Purps! I hope your life is settling back in.

Kiki, you can have a good and sober weekend. Play the tape through and you can do it!

"Opportunity" can be a real trigger in and of itself. This from the SMART handbook: "A time when there is seemingly no down side to acting out, and no one will know but you. Opportunity is a powerful enticement."

That one has got me plenty of times, but I have its number now.

PJ, enjoy your burgeoning spring! Fall is good, too, but around here the birds are heading south and I'll miss them.

Fall chores for me today, stuff I've been putting off. Changing oil in the car, cleaning out the veggie garden. Oooh, thrilling . . . not. I'd rather test drive new cars, lol, but that ain't gonna happen. Got it in my head I want sushi for dinner--yum!

Have a good, good day all. It's just better this way.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Morning all. Beginning the weekend with a big ole cuppa' startin' fluid.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!!

Sam enjoy your Starbucks.

Mish congratulations on 4 weeks. That's awesome!!!!

Kiki I hope today is peaceful for you and your cravings are lessened.

Pelagic opportunity got me so many times. It's great that you can recognize it when it comes knocking.

BBG enjoy your coffee. I'm on my second cup.

I get to go visit my daughter today at her college and watch my two younger boys play in their first soccer game. Two of my many blessings of being sober ❤️
Old 09-16-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Good morning Peeps!

Mish ~ 4 weeks!! Yay you!!!! I think I want to call motorcycles "motorbikes" from now on. It sounds so much classier.

Kiki ~ way to work through the challenge. Good job sista'!

Sam ~ Starbucks IS expensive! I love it but gosh it's turning into a high sugar distributor with mobs of people here in San Diego at least. Ive started scoping out independent coffe shops. Sadly not many left but I do love the ambiance. Just coffee in a big cup and I can sit on a velvet old fashioned couch and read my New York Times. Heaven.

Pelagic ~ my husband loves birdwatching and has taken Pelagic tours to see ocean birds. How did you choose the name Pelagic?

"Opportunity" - yes...is the apple from the snake in the tree....whispering "no one will know." I say to myself I'll know...and everyone else will know when they see me.

Don't drink alone Scarlett. People always find out and it ruins a reputation. ~ Rhett Butler
Lol...wouldn't want that.

Pj ~ a spring walk sounds delightful!

Christina ~ have a wonderful day with the kids! Soccer games are so fun.

Checking in for the day. Kind of going through a hard time at work with some difficult clients. So tempting to unwind at the end of the day and on weekends with a drink but so far it's pretty easy to avoid it.

On the upside I'm applying for a promotion. Interview is in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed! If I get it, less working with demanding clients.

After 39 days, I'm also hearing some comments that I look better...not so tired and brighter. I see it and it makes me happy that I'm coming out of the darkness. Lost some weight too! Doctor's appointment on Monday and I'm kind of curious if my blood work is going to be ok and how's my liver.

Focusing on the positive helps me tell the snake to take his apple and shove it.

Have a beautiful day beautiful people.
Lillian
Old 09-16-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Checking in on my way home from work. Stopped and got a tea (and maybe a new mug.....shhhhh) and stocked up on some of my favorites that I am running out of. Not sure if you're a fan of chai tea PJ but I got a coco-chai that smells amazing.

Hey LG! 39 days is freaking amazing! (I'm channeling Bobbie on that one)

Cristina - enjoy the time with your kids. Amazing how the simple things are so special sober. Definitely took a lot for granted when I was drinking.

Pelagic - hope the chores weren't too terrible. Certainly better than hungover on a Saturday morning though

BBG - I've been drinking startin' fluid all day. Might be a bit of overkill at this point.

Well I am off. I received a bottle of wine as a gift today from a coworker - will be stopping by my neighbours on my way in the house and re-gifting. Not taking any chances.

Be back later!!
Old 09-16-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi everyone ~ sober again today, thank goodness....still no power at home but got the Wi-Fi working on my laptop at Moms.....

ABR is playing tomorrow, a couple hours from here.....they say the show is still going on but I'm gonna sit this one out. I had set a "goal" that I want to improve my appearance a little each time I see him; this past week certainly set me back. I look and feel like crap!

But whose fault is that....plus I was told that I was "entertaining" at the hurricane house and apparently someone took video of me.....I haven't seen it but I don't need to.....I'm sure it's made its way to facebook

Gotta pull the nose back up on this thing and keep going....thanks everyone for sticking with me!
Old 09-16-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sorry to be such a brat.....things could've been WAY worse....mindful crap!

LB, Kiki I hope your families made it through okay as well
Old 09-16-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hey Purplrks - great to see you! Glad you're here with us!!

I'm off to make a peppermint tea and get ready for bed. One more day and then two days off!! Woot!
Old 09-16-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Is anyone familiar with Chakra? Shannon posted something about it on Instagram so I'm looking into it.....I guess it has to do with meditation, mindfulness & balancing good energies throughout yourself. I noticed the last time I went to see them, he sat behind the drums and meditated for a while before starting. Anyway, just thought I'd ask.

Gonna sign off soon since I have to be up early in the morning.....thanks again everyone! See you tomorrow
Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I've watched football today until my eyes are crossed. Gonna' lay down and watch some sitcoms. See ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning friends.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I totally forgot to check in today! Oops. I left the house at 8:30 am this morning and didn't get back until 9:00 pm! I had my daughters cross country meet, then soccer all day and then SPLURGED on my favorite dinner. And if that wasn't enough I just said "F it!" and made a huge peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream sundae topped with more melted peanut butter & chocolate chips! Mmmm! And THEN I had to have something salty so I had some potato chips! Ha!

Oh well....better than drinking and I got over 25,000 steps today!

Hope y'all had a good day. I'm going to bed! So tired! Zzzzzzzz
Old 09-16-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Purp- chakra's are focal points- or lines of energy (?) in the body I think.
Lots of walking at the mo. LOTS. I am trying to divert dark thoughts into steps. The people around me in this recovery program seem to be dropping like flies with relapses. One upstairs has been boozing for about 30 hours now- booze, sleep- (b-day), more boozy friends- more drinking. My sad conclusion is this person is going to have an extreme ROCK-B like mine b4 they stop. They have been in this program 18 months. Another is back into booze, drugs - sex and the entire crap that goes with it.
I will stick to walking-art and pinching plant cuttings for my little garden.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Morning!

Warm day already here...weird. And it's my Friday!! Got some startin' fluid steeping and then I'll be out the door.

Hope you all have an amazing day!!
Old 09-17-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning folks!

Sam, TGIF (TGIS?). Startin' fluid time and oddly warm here as well. Have a great day!

Lillian, yup I'm a birdwatcher, hence Pelagic. I confess the name is a bit random. I haven't been listing this year (took a year off) but next year I'm going into birding mode again. Congrats on 39 (now 40) days! I'm seeing physical improvement as well. Let's keep it going!

PJ, stay true to yourself. Sometimes when things seem to be stacking up against me I think to myself, This is MY recovery. THAT'S what I'm in control of! Keep walking.

Purps, glad to have you back. Meditation? My mind will automatically fill itself with thoughts of hamburgers or ice cream or something. I hear meditation is good though. For me, mindfulness is mainly paying attention to what kind of negative stuff pops up, and then breaking it off.

Kiki, keep kickin' it!

Let's all keep kickin' it! Have a solid sober day everyone.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Keep on walking and praying P. 💕

Addiction is just tragic. It's hard to watch people slowly kill them selves.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Late check-in again. But I'm ok I guess. Startin' fluid about gone and already had a sausage 'n biscuit.

Had a few brief AV moments yesterday. From watching football! AV likes a beer when watching football.

I hope everybody has a great day. Don't drink! It's stupid!!!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! The coffee is flowing this morning. My husband and I have been staying up waaaaaay to late watching Ozark. That is such a good show! I'm kind of glad my husband has to get up so early tomorrow, we will be in bed at a decent time tonight 😴

Have a great day every one!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Purp- chakra's are focal points- or lines of energy (?) in the body I think.
Lots of walking at the mo. LOTS. I am trying to divert dark thoughts into steps. The people around me in this recovery program seem to be dropping like flies with relapses. One upstairs has been boozing for about 30 hours now- booze, sleep- (b-day), more boozy friends- more drinking. My sad conclusion is this person is going to have an extreme ROCK-B like mine b4 they stop. They have been in this program 18 months. Another is back into booze, drugs - sex and the entire crap that goes with it.
I will stick to walking-art and pinching plant cuttings for my little garden.
That's sounds like such a sad life P. Aren't you glad you aren't doing that? I AM! Sober is better!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Good morning everyone! The coffee is flowing this morning. My husband and I have been staying up waaaaaay to late watching Ozark. That is such a good show! I'm kind of glad my husband has to get up so early tomorrow, we will be in bed at a decent time tonight 😴

Have a great day every one!
Ozark's pretty good? I need a new Netflix show!