Notices

Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 09-13-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hello Darlings.....Sorry I haven't been in close contact....power is back on at work so we're supposed to report back tomorrow...hope everyone is okay! It's good 'cause I gotta get back on the wagon and I miss you guys!

Moe is good and glad to be home with Granny....WOW, we could've been hit much worse....looks like a tornado picked up some trees around Moms & spared her house...

The Godsmack Boys are safe too, in case anyone is wondering....they're in the FT Myers area so we were worried

Glad you are ok Purp and even MORE glad you checked in here! Xo
Old 09-13-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good to see you Cristina! How are things?
Old 09-13-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Best wishes Upstairs
We're all behind you Cristina - Stay strong

hope you'll be back regularly online soon Kiki

I hope you guys decide to post soon Casey and Applekat - and anyone else MIA

D

D

Thanks Dee! Hope you're doing well too!
Old 09-14-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Morning!

Okay headache is gone. But I took a good dose of NyQuil before bed and now I feel hungover. It's wearing off quickly thankfully but my first thought when I opened my eyes and my head was swimming was "crap! I drank?" - a moment of panic followed by utter relief. Phew.

On my way to work. Not off again until Tuesday. It's only five days but working through the weekend makes it seem longer somehow. And we have a big university hacker group in house so lots of kids. So excited. (sarcasm in use right there)

Well better get at it. Check in if you're out there. Happy Thursday!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Quick check in. I'm here and I have nothing to say. Congrats to all on their milestones and keep on keepin on.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. Kind of a blah and gray day (Irma still hanging about).

Sam, good luck with the hackers. Not too sure I'd want to hang out with them either. Glad your headache is gone. For whatever reason I have been immune to headaches all my life--barely even got them from drinking, which probably contributed to my drinking way too much.

Kiki, you sound really strong now. Good work!!

Thirteenth, great to hear from you again. Any news on the job front?

Hey to everyone! Be sure and check in. I'm staying sober today. What the heck, let's ALL stay sober today. It's just easier that way.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. 🌞 Have a fabulous day!!
Old 09-14-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. I'm a little late checking in. Been busy, busy, busy. Startin' fluid almost gone. Sausage 'n biscuit in the toaster oven.

Have a great day. Don't drink! It's dumb!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!!
Old 09-14-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Finally checking in. I spent the first half of the day grooming my dog. It takes over 4 hours and is a pain in the butt but it saves me lots of money and I'm anal about how she's groomed. Now I am in the waiting room of a doctor's office with my oldest son. He's getting a small procedure done. Nothing exciting going on today. I'm tired though.

How is everyone else?
Old 09-14-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hello Dahlings....Hope all is going okay....power is still out at home ~ luckily Mom has power & is letting me do laundry, sleep & shower here for the time being....I can't complain 'cause there are still people with no power & having to endure it....with kids, pet, etc.....not gonna lie....still dipping into the drinking stock I bought before....it's so easy to make excuses, isn't it! And yes, drinking is DUMB!

I think about you guys all the time! Talk soon, LOVE YOU!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

helllllllo- WORLD, IT A SONG THAT WERE SINGIN'. C'MON GET HAPPY!
with caps lock.
Hi Kiki, hope all ok with your son. Have you considered shaving you dog bald? Hi Peace-Rain, it is 0615, Friday here- your good morning was 4 hours earlier than mine, hope you r ok.
Hey, BBG- How are the projects coming along? Is it startin' fluid- on continuin' fluid? Both for me.
Ho there Cristina, I hope all is well.
Pel- how is the walking?
KEEP POSTING 13TH.
Sam- University students....who can afford to live in a hotel....if only that pointless energy could be harnessed for good. The problem with meds. is they do have after effects. GLAD THE 'DACHE HAS GONE. Remember, young lady to have lots of water, eat right and rest.
Hi Lill!
aNNNND TO EVERYONE WHO IS NOT ON THIS PAGE.
Well! Yesterday and the day b4 were bleah-meh days. Humans annoyed me. And yes- if I had a Rat wise teacher (Master Splinter), I would be told it is not the world that troubles me- but me who is troubling the world. At that point I would offer him rat poison. But I got thru it. Walking, hours of it. Walked to a new meeting, from the city into the 'burbs'. One of the old style ones- with rows of chairs, a chair behind a desk and the sharer's talking out the front like show and tell. OK. Then bought a coffee for a struggling person and talked for half and hour- about Dostyevsky. Not often I find anyone who has an interest in such things. More conversations to come.
Still felt ill at ease after walking back- so kept walking. I scoped out our new multibillion dollar city hospital (Royal Adelaide). The entire old one was closed down and moved a few miles down the road to a new site. I went to find out where the Burns Unit is- as I still go for reviews. In one of those strange turn of events the senior nurse guy- who helped me a great deal happened to be going home. The burns unit is not labeled on the new electronic main gizmo board. At all. Had a chat. Scoped the place. It is huge, looks like a spaceship.
Then walked home, had a big meal (with steak) and slept 10 hours without waking. I usually get 5 broken, if lucky.
Off to the shops to buy supplies for the lunch meeting I run, my contribution.
Stay well all. Hi to B as well , hope she is doing well.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear you're still drinking Purps.
Do yourself a massive favour and bin the rest of your hoard.

Fight this.
D
Old 09-14-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. Gonna' lay down and watch the last episodes of BBT. See ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Yes Phoenix! I shaved her bald today! Or at least "almost" bald. Hs.

Purp...I agree with Dee! Dumb the poison! You don't need it.

Night BBG...I hope you had a good day.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

support 2 U Purp. Post here- lots, that helps me.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Not much sleep last night, up at 2AM or so. Oh well, watched a TV show on spacecraft Cassini, which is about to immolate itself in the atmosphere of Saturn at 76,000 miles per hour. Geez! RIP. I feel for the folks at NASA who lived with this little critter for 30 years. It must be such a loss.

PJ, Dostoevsky, a favorite from years back. The opening lines of "Notes From the Underground":

"I am a sick man . . . I am a spiteful man. No, I am not a pleasant man at all. I believe there is something wrong with my liver. However, I don't know a d--- thing about my liver; neither do I know whether there is anything really wrong with me."

Lol. Well, I get a kick out of lines like that anyway.

Hey, it's time for my second cup of startin' fluid on the day. Irma's remains have left the building and it should be nice around here. Wishing all a good and sober day. And TGIF!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Morning!

Just realizing I didn't check in last night. Got home late and was exhausted. Gotta be careful though. My past patterns warn that when my recovery items start slipping I'm on dangerous ground. Will check in tonight for sure.

Purplrks - you know what you need to do. You've done it before. I think it's forcing yourself through those first initial steps and days that's the hardest. When your AV is having a tantrum. Sounds like Irma has taken a lot from many - don't let your peace be one of them. Here for you always.

Pelagic - sorry about your sleep (or lack of). I totally get it. Sucks for sure.

Kiki - I love that you groom your dog yourself. I've seen my groomer fight with a stubborn Charlie on more than one occasion. Lol. Can't imagine I'd have the patience. Also "not much going on" sounds like a perfect day.

PJ - I hope your meeting went well!!

Hey Dee and BBG!!

Well out the door. Still feeling poopy. Might need a Starbucks stop. Hmmmm...
Old 09-15-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Purp when you decide to stop drinking we will all be here to support you. Post often and get some face to face support. 💕

Hi to everyone else and for those who haven't checked in please do so. We are all in this together. Recovery is a WE thing. You don't have to do it alone.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Pel- a deep writer for sure. Apols to him and you for the spelling.
I have learned a little lesson in sadness tonight. Another person in recovery here has a b-day soon. We had kind of organised an evening cheese, dip /talk evening. They sent a text to me- they chose the loud friend with booze instead.
A little hurt- but that is ok. What is NOT okay is that this gives me just a little taste of how my family experienced this feeling- about my choice of booze over them. It took such a terrible outcome for me- the need to live and heal rather than my want of addiction. Ah, well- no one ever said a sober life was going to give free, easy answers.