Notices

Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 09-12-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hello Darlings.....Sorry I haven't been in close contact....power is back on at work so we're supposed to report back tomorrow...hope everyone is okay! It's good 'cause I gotta get back on the wagon and I miss you guys!

Moe is good and glad to be home with Granny....WOW, we could've been hit much worse....looks like a tornado picked up some trees around Moms & spared her house...

The Godsmack Boys are safe too, in case anyone is wondering....they're in the FT Myers area so we were worried
Old 09-12-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Gonna' lay down and watch BBT friends. Catch ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning!!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Enjoy your art class Phoenix 💕
Old 09-12-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Thankyou Cristina. Just got back. Only 1 guy there- he has been there for 10 years. Talked a lot- little art. Learned a lot. Going to make it 'a thing'. This guy is a retired Glaswegian Plumber. His car- is slowly being plastered in stickers. Any- political, food...he has glued 2 plastic budgies to the roof. Was driving this eccentric car to his grandson's posh private school for a visiting day- next to all the Merc's and Beemers. A normal loony- not an addicted one. The cogs in my little mind are learning and turning.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Glad there's some normalcy returning Purplrks

PJ - sounds like a great class....and possibly a new friend?

Woke up with a headache today and feeling pretty grouchy. Lol. Good thing everyone here is leaving for the day soon. Hoping some tea will remedy what ails me. Off to find out...
Old 09-13-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. Got startin' fluid and it looks like it's gonna' be a beautiful day.

Sam so sorry your feel bad hurts. Hope the tea works!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Hmm, dealt with a big trigger yesterday. No real urge to drink but swam through some disappointment that would normally lead straight to a bottle. They call it "comparisonitis," lol. DW always knows, always asks what's up. Last night I didn't want to talk about it. Putting it in perspective now and moving on. I figure I dug a pretty big hole with alcohol and I can't expect to climb out in 69 days.

What's left of Irma is wandering around up here, but there isn't much left, just some scattered showers. Should be a nice day all-around. Check in everyone, and make it a good day. We can do that, right? Of course we can.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Captain underpants is really cute. I totally enjoyed it . I'm so cool 😝

Off to swim class this morning. See you all later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I haven't seen the movie but I'm glad underpants have a captain - organization is good.

Way to work through the trigger Pelagic! Comparison decreases joy, someone told me, but I catch myself often decreasing my joy. Stay dry!

Hope your headache gets better soon Sam.

BBG have a beautiful day. My starting fluid is vanilla nut today.

That car sounds amazing Phoenix!!

Glad you're safe Purp.

Have a wonderful day wonderful people.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hola all! I guess the well wishes worked. No problems at the dentist at all! That is a load off my mind until the next check up. I was so happy about saving money I went and won a couple bids on an online estate auction near me. Old copper pans and moulds. Eh, I won't even use them. They should look nice on the kitchen wall though. If someone breaks in, I could bang them on their head(s). I hope everyone is having a happy hump day.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Just checking in this afternoon. Had a pretty lazy day today. Haven't been feeling the greatest. My headache is still lingering and I just feel tired. I did try to nap but apparently I struggle with any sleep not just nighttime sleep. Blah. Trying a new recipe for dinner that I'm excited about - Sloppy Joe Bowls. So it's homemade SloppyJoe mix (Whole30 style) served over a potato. Sounds weird but also delicious. Will let you know how it turns out.

Glad your dentist appointment went well Upstairs.

Great job working through the trigger Pelagic!

Hi LG and PR!! Happy Wednesday!!

BBG - tea fixes a lot of things but it hasn't fixed this yet. Maybe I need another cup? Off to find out!!

Be back later!!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. Two more episodes of BBT left. Gonna' lay down and watch those.

See ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in before bed. Got my phone back earlier today and then we took our son out for his birthday. It was fun!

On another note...I SWEAR I have been coming in contact with every single a-sshole on the planet lately! It's REALLY testing my patience AND my sanity! Ugh!

Any tips on dealing with JERKS???
Old 09-13-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Nitey night friends. Two more episodes of BBT left. Gonna' lay down and watch those.

See ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning!

Good night BBT! Enjoy you relaxation time & BBT!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hi everyone!

Just checking in this afternoon. Had a pretty lazy day today. Haven't been feeling the greatest. My headache is still lingering and I just feel tired. I did try to nap but apparently I struggle with any sleep not just nighttime sleep. Blah. Trying a new recipe for dinner that I'm excited about - Sloppy Joe Bowls. So it's homemade SloppyJoe mix (Whole30 style) served over a potato. Sounds weird but also delicious. Will let you know how it turns out.

Glad your dentist appointment went well Upstairs.

Great job working through the trigger Pelagic!

Hi LG and PR!! Happy Wednesday!!

BBG - tea fixes a lot of things but it hasn't fixed this yet. Maybe I need another cup? Off to find out!!

Be back later!!

Hope your headache finally went away Sam. That sloppy joe bowl sounds weird but possibly good? Let us know! And I miss when it was super active here too. :-( Maybe we can recruit people from other classes since we are CLEARLY the best class! Ha!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upstairs View Post
Hola all! I guess the well wishes worked. No problems at the dentist at all! That is a load off my mind until the next check up. I was so happy about saving money I went and won a couple bids on an online estate auction near me. Old copper pans and moulds. Eh, I won't even use them. They should look nice on the kitchen wall though. If someone breaks in, I could bang them on their head(s). I hope everyone is having a happy hump day.

Glad the dentist went well Upstairs! And I'm also glad you have some "weapons" now! Ha!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hey Lillian! :-)
Old 09-13-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Captain underpants is really cute. I totally enjoyed it . I'm so cool 😝

Off to swim class this morning. See you all later.

Have a great day everyone!

Hope you enjoyed the swim class today!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good morning all!

Hmm, dealt with a big trigger yesterday. No real urge to drink but swam through some disappointment that would normally lead straight to a bottle. They call it "comparisonitis," lol. DW always knows, always asks what's up. Last night I didn't want to talk about it. Putting it in perspective now and moving on. I figure I dug a pretty big hole with alcohol and I can't expect to climb out in 69 days.

What's left of Irma is wandering around up here, but there isn't much left, just some scattered showers. Should be a nice day all-around. Check in everyone, and make it a good day. We can do that, right? Of course we can.

Hey Pelagic, great job working through things without alcohol. I would LOVE to have 69 days and once I have that much sobriety there is no WAY I am throwing it away. You are doing so great!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Thankyou Cristina. Just got back. Only 1 guy there- he has been there for 10 years. Talked a lot- little art. Learned a lot. Going to make it 'a thing'. This guy is a retired Glaswegian Plumber. His car- is slowly being plastered in stickers. Any- political, food...he has glued 2 plastic budgies to the roof. Was driving this eccentric car to his grandson's posh private school for a visiting day- next to all the Merc's and Beemers. A normal loony- not an addicted one. The cogs in my little mind are learning and turning.
I would LOVE to see a photo of that guy's car! Lol