Old 09-05-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Danke Sass!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Congratulations to you and your SH on your45th anniversary, Itchy.

Here's hoping Irma doesn't do much damage.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too Itch -

D
Old 09-06-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Me three Itchy.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Niet te danke, Itchy :-)

Another busy day in paradise coming up!

Have a happy hump day, Overs.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Happy Anniversary, Itch!

Made some good head-way on my project yesterday...still a million miles to go. The day off Monday was perfect timing.

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 09-06-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good morning Overs, Ithcy congratulations.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Itch!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations to you and your wife, itchy on 45 years of bliss xx

Yesterday's bike race went well for them. It was wet a lot of the way but those bikes do in excess of 25 miles and then some. A pic of one of the bikes we painted was posted by someone in the village in the evening telegraph. Though it was plain compared to some. They were hilarious.

I'm watching the news and Irma looks lethal, keep safe all if it's coming your way.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Itch
Old 09-06-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

congers Itch.
Exhibit'n for some of my art happening early 2018. Also found an art group...one which is not coloring in my pretty pony- OR people with verbal liquid poo talking about their sketching tour of Europe ..a practial one where like minded people talk- coffinate and just do art.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

That's so nice, PJ! Nothing worse than a bunch of pretentious bores vying to be more in the know!

Old 09-06-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Happy Anniversary Itchy!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Itch! BTW- I have my general ham radio license. I haven't been on my ham radio in years though.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

to you and your wife dearest Itchy!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Not been so good last few days with the lung problem I have, Bronchiectasis and asthma. Went to my hospital appointment on Monday and my spirometry readings were all low, the nurse said it was probably the way I blew in it! (If you do it wrong you have to do it again)I mentioned I wasn't so feeling well and my blood oxygen was low. It was ok when she measured it. I was made to feel it was my imagination. Kept hubby up most of the night with my coughing, bless him. Going to local GP this morning. , I'll get off it now!

Hope everyone is safe in Hurricane Irmas wake. Watching the news and it's terrible.

Have a good Thursday overs x
Old 09-07-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

PJ 'coffinate', love it! I went coffinating with a group from my emotional well being group yesterday.

Have a good one everyone.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

There is another here in my recovery program..who is functional enough for me to have established a careful friendly rapport with. I am kind of like her big, safe bro. My thing is coffee. I have turkish, griound, filtered, salted caramel....etc. For her- there is hot chocolate (with nutmeg)..also fancy arsed tea. It is nice to be a little bit normal again- but after the last 2 years- very, very weird. Almost scary weird. We discovered another coffee shop today. My hobby now. There seems to be one every 10 feet. Even in hitherto dank lanes only used by smokers- have been shapedinto coffee spaces with plants, paving, art and food. A much more productive use of money than booze- of course in moderation.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:08 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks to one and all!

PJ,
If there are any pics posted online let us know.

Mags,
I thought you were getting some relief, I'm sorry you feel badly.

Andy,
Emotional support group sounds great. I hope your wife's remission continues. I hate to hear y'all have another round of chemo going on, but hope that takes that specter from your threshold.

I took my Significant Harassment out to Chinese. We know the owner a nice young lady named Rain. She makes it worthwhile. I never buy jewelry for my SH as she isn't much into conspicuous consumption any more than I am. But the 45th is the Sapphire anniversary. I found a nice real jeweler who makes his own jewelry on site in a tiny shopping center storefront. I found a beautiful set of earrings, white gold setting with a nicely cut Sapphire in the middle of a circle of small diamonds cut set so well that their fire is like nothing I've seen before. She's used to my cards and gifts, but we rarely did more than exchange cards and love notes to be found when alone. I wasn't worried about the cost just hoped she liked them as much as I did. Well, I gave them to her at dinner and she loved them. They were quite a bit more than our usual token gifts, and she does our books and accounts so no way to hide the cost, so I always give her the receipt in case she wants to exchange or adjust it. I was worried she was going to fret the price. Instead a smile slowly broke out that warmed my soul to receive. She really loved them! It was a nice night, and a wonderful evening. In 45 years we've had our share of rough spots but she spoils me rotten. I try not to let us forget how lucky we are to be buddies most of the time, and still know that we have each other's six. She's a very feminine lady who also out shoots me with our .40 cals, and I taught her! I did the earth here and she did the crown and carpentry over that the builder didn't do to her standards. We work well together more than ever before. At 65 it's wonderful to have her. I like anniversaries because they remind me not to take our life for granted.

My only remaining living relative older than I, of our parents and grandparents generations, my aunt, lives in Boca Raton Florida and is right in the path. My cousins are further South in Sunrise just West of Fort Lauderdale and even more exposed.

I called her earlier and could not talk them into flying here to wait it out. I have our house and the vacant house we just remodeled they can stay in. We have the utilities on so we'd just need to rent or buy some furniture to get by. The fridge etc are still there. But they seem determined to stick it out. My Aunt is 89 and in great shape in mind and just needs a walker for balance. I sure hope it, and the two hurricanes behind Irma all stay off the coast. We also have one in the South Gulf of Mexico, that is a cat1 hurricane named Katia, and will stay over Mexico. Jose is right behind Irma.

We hope they make it fine and the Hurricanes stay off the coast.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

You old softy Itchy!

PJ congrats on the upcoming exhibition, and I'm glad you have a new group of fellow artists with similar feelings.

Have a great day everyone,