One Year & Over Part 53

Old 09-03-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi OOTT pleased you found us!
Old 09-03-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, we were expecting rain all day but I believe it's going to miss us, judging by the forecast!

I've just been for a walk around my small garden, I have a lot of pots and also some plants in the ground but they look neglected. I have no idea what I'm doing and some weeds are as pretty as plants! I attempted to have a wildflower plot but it didn't come up as I thought! Oh well, I shall plant some more daffs and tulips next month ready for the spring. Gosh, it doesn't seem two minutes that I said that last year! How time is flying now I'm 30 and 348 months!

Have a good day overs.x
Old 09-03-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome Oott! I hope your Cabo friends are okay.
I always feel sorry for folks who loose a loved one the same day as a disaster elsewhere, their grief and pain is totally overshadowed

Where does the time go Mags? When I was young a week lasted at least a month!
Old 09-03-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Yeah, Toots. I remember that's what happened when Mother Teresa died; on the next day came the shocking death of Princess Diana, and Mother Teresa's death instantly fell through the cracks!

Hello, OOTT!

I'm very sorry to hear about Cabo. I hope your friends are OK.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, OOTT!

A busy Sunday ahead...weekly laundry, nature walk, meeting with the boss, more work on side project, phone call to Mom, and that's all by noon!

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 09-03-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Welcome, OOTT!

FBL, your mom is very fortunate to have you in her life

Mags and Toots, I hate to break the news but time flies ever faster as we age. Nearing 73, I 'm finding that it accelerates much more. A day passes in an eye blink, a week feels like a perhaps half day and a year is about like a month used to be. It's nice when counting sober time and some other things (a bad day is truly trivial!) but not so nice when contemplating some other stuff. I'm finally learning to let go of stuff I can't control!

Have a good Sunday to all
Old 09-03-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Magsie

I agree sassy, time does seem to fly by faster the older we get. Just looked at some theories but my brain is on holiday today for anything complicated!
Old 09-03-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 09-03-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Goodnight, SW!
Old 09-03-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Goodnight Wolfie!

I agree with the whole time flying by thing. I can't believe summer is over basically. Where did it go?

Enjoy your evenings everyone!
Old 09-03-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody! I feel like I've graduated from the Feb. 2016 class so it's nice to find everyone here.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee!
Amen, you recognized Shelly Berman too. I'd have known immediately if FBL had a pic of him after his 40s.

Glad you found us OOTT!

What area are you from? I am in NW Louisiana USA. We've got Folks here from the UK, Spain, Oz/ NZ, Canada, well, all over, this is a global community as you know. Same in the overs. I think I'm the group geezer and a rocker who misspent my teen years in the New York City area/Greenwich Village of the 60s.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6594691

I hope your friends in Cabo are OK .

I have to teach you the One Year and Over secret greeting. Practice it until you can do it alone. Whenever you meet another member give them this greeting once. If they don't return it and are making a call . . . RUN!

Mags??
Don't they have feed the bees seed packs over there? Check this out: FeedABee

Toots,
Amen on losing a loved one, on either end, disaster or major holiday like T-Giving and Xmas here. Memorial Day (Remembrance Day) would be ideal for a career warrior's passing for family. Strange thought that.

Gil,
The weather is predicted to get worse exponentially. This is the first time in decades I have thought about the nuclear clock, the hypothetical clock that will be the end or doomsday when it strikes midnight. It is only a few minutes to midnight now. Here is the final doomsday clock statement of 2017: http://thebulletin.org/sites/default...0Statement.pdf
I wish everyone worldwide would read that pdf and help set the clock back. See, it includes all man made means to our end, including climate change.

FBL!
You go man. I got up at the crack of noon today. I streamed some new series to me about a ghost detective from the UK called "Paranoid." Pretty interesting. I am working my way through "The Originals" then checked out paranpoid until 5, AM that is.
It's so sad when one of the ones we took for granted because they touched our souls, leaves us knowing to appreciate what they left behind for us.I didn't need to look up Walter Becker. Steely Dan grabbed me with Aja and the sax solo by Pete Christlieb on "Deacon Blues." Steely Dan had no duds. I loved every song on every album.

Becker and Fagan with their 100% well known session musicians instead of a set group were amazing. Steely Dan and Manhatten Transfer were two of our favorites of all time, at that time. Even solo both were pretty amazing. They ranked up there with our many Jazz favorites like Bob James, Chick Corea, Hiroshima. Kim Pensyl, Spies,Spyro Gyro, David Sanborn,Najee, Kirk Whalum, Earl Klugh etc. OK now playing "A Decade Of Steely Dan - FM" in the background

Sassy,
You are so right! My Naproxin (NSAID-Alleve) 90 day refills seem to come every three weeks now. I only need them now as I build back muscle tone from surgery. One more stretch with the Physical Terrorists should do it. PJ I know you know.

Nite Wolf,
I'm still waiting for more "Peaky Blinders" and "Dark Matter." THey just did a new season of "Sense 8" that I binged in one evening. Both of us just binged through "Atypical" about a teen with Autism and it is terrific. Netflix's Marvel series began in 2015 with Marvel's Daredevil and Marvel's Jessica Jones, followed by Marvel's Luke Cage in 2016. Marvel's Iron Fist released in 2017, with the crossover miniseries Marvel's The Defenders, and Marvel's The Punisher also scheduled to be released in 2017. I've watched all of them but half of The Defenders, and all of "The Punisher." If you haven't checked them out do! I have to share who picks what we watch with my Significant Harassment, Ms Itchy. We are now watching disjointed but that series might be a trigger for others as it is about a legal Marijuana apothecary so those with MJ issues might avoid it. Cathy Bates plays the Weed shop's old hippy owner. Stranger thing is coming out with new episodes. Between Netflix, 20 HD channels over the air, Sling TV Blue with HBO, and Amazon Prime we have more content than we could ever watch. Fortunately they are doing trailers for the series too now. As a kid Doctor Strange was even with Thor and the X-Men I was all Marvel and DC was passe for us.

Wolf we have TV guides for Sling TV Blue and HBO and their on demand offerings StreamingTVGuides.com - Preferences , as well as the over the air channels TV Listings: Find Local TV Listings for your favorite Channels, TV Shows and Movies- Zap2it. Everything else is on demand. Do you guys have Sling TV over there?

You too Gil!

SG it is 3:20 here, an hour earlier than you on the right coast.

Guys we are finally seeing some of the love bugs start to diminish. I am going to spray my property with Triazicide and knock back the gnats and skeeters too this coming week. The guy that bought my RV just came by and paid the balance and will come back in a week or three to pick it up. Everything happens at once, just barely spread out by time pulses. Is our entropy causing our personal time lines to lose some spacers?

OK, no more book writing - Just saying I appreciate all of you Overs.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

One of my favorite Steely Dan songs is "My Old School"--because I used to live in Annandale for awhile! I loved that apartment! We lived in the center of town. When I was pregnant I used to push my little collapsible grocery cart to the supermarket and back (it carried two full paper bags--before plastic took over).
Old 09-03-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Itchy, terrible news about Walter. I saw the Dan at the Gorge in Wash state in the mid 2000s, and in fact the photo on the back of Alive In America (SD's live album) was from that show.
Great show, crystal clear sound.

The Cabo tropical depression isn't getting much coverage, but it's a big deal. We're trying to make contact via facebook with people we know. There's a vendor Mrs. Tiles and I buy stuff from every year that we're worried about. We've become friends over the years. His booth is in a low area that floods even during rainstorms and his stuff is probably gone. There's legless street vendor we met in August that we're worried about. Really nice guy, very sad situation. He reads the bible between sales. He didn't have a wheelchair so I hope he was able to get to higher ground. Next year when we're there I'm going to see about getting him a wheelchair.

I love the Tres Amigos dance. I have a major crush on the Hot Senorita at the end of the movie, the one who kisses Martin Short. She's literally billed as Hot Senorita in the closing credits.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Itch- wowsers! I like your novellas. You are high tech John-Boy Walton.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

RIP Walter Becker - great bass player among many other things.

D
Old 09-03-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Steely Dan was one of my all-time faves. Fell in love with them when I first heard "Reeling In The Years" at the tender age of 7! Loved all the albums, especially Aja and Gaucho. Was glad when they got back together for Two Against Nature.

As for Shelley Berman, I discovered him from my uncle's record collection. Was pleasantly surprised when he showed up as Larry David's father on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Here's one of his classic "phone bits":

Goodnight, Gracie!
Old 09-03-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Welcome from me too Outonthetiles.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Itchy, we have something similar for feeding the bees, the wild flower seeds I got were mixed and it seems all the weed looking ones grew, though to be fair, the bees like them, we've a bee hive in the garden, when hubby was cutting the grass he got attacked by a swarm of bees, obviously he was annoying their home! We haven't seen it yet though.

Have a good Monday overs x
Old 09-03-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning Overs.

Steely Dan was certainly a fixture of my youth. I remember recording "Reelin in the Years" off my AM radio with my new cassette recorder with hand held microphone. I was a high tech eleven year old back then.

Best wishes for a great day all!