Notices

One Year & Over Part 53

Old 09-19-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

on 6 FANTASTIC years darling Nef!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

Guys, you may not know but Serene and I are classmates from Feb13....this is kind of awesome, yes?
That is very cool!! Congratulations to you both!!
Old 09-19-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thank you dearest Midwest!!!

And....what's more.....there have been 4 of us who have stayed the distance from this class and, wait for it, as of this weekend, all of us will have gotten married in recovery. One of my beautiful friends now has two little boys....and one of them was born on her sober anniversary. Yes, really.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the well wishes & empathy!

Nef - A well earned congratulations on 6 years!!!

Suze - Wow! This is so cool! Being MIA for a good chunk, I missed your wedding date. Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you & goat!!!!!!! I'm happy that we get to share this transition too

Indeed, we are getting married on the SAME DAY, my wedding is 2pm west coast, so just an hour behind you. However my best person (holding the rings) always runs an hour late, in which case there is a good chance that we will get married at exactly the same time.

This is just WAAAAY too crazy amazing.....
Old 09-19-2017, 10:06 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

all the best to you and your new husband SE

Congratulations

D
Old 09-19-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mid,
I missed answering you in my last post. I get a lot of help from my wife too especially after my back surgeries last November. She's a little 5'2" bundle of dynamite. I have the healing back and she has allergies (still smoking) but is still trim. Now I'm the roly-poly one. I do eat healthy, just seconds of good food still fattens. I'm working on walking out of it. And the total gym and stationary bike.
You sound on it girl!

SE,
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better too. Marriage won't make you feel different, children change indulgent post adolescent me people into we people when that kiddo makes you realize that is what was missing, being mom, being dad! Suddenly others are the most precious. You're in the glow stage.

Andy,
I hope her chemo does the trick. You guys are great together.

Toots,
Oh yeah, all on the continent, like the US, drive on the right side of the road. But certainly you got used to it living in the US so much, no? Another exerciser! Y'all are making me tired just reading here.

Sassy,
Me too, love the typing and the cover. I'm selling all my Fire and Fire HDX tablets and my Surface Pro 3, because they are still supported but won't be in a few years if I keep all seven of them, not counting my keepers, the Surface Pro 4, and the new Fire 10.1 and Fire 8"HD. Just call me gadget man. We both use the Fires as Kindles, and for outside we kept the Kindle Paperwhite. My SH says her phone does it all for her so her Venue 11 Pro goes too. Remember I got all but one wholesale or used so not much in them.

Star,
Hey bud, backatcha'!

Suze!
Yay class of Feb 2013!
Suze I hope you and SE have the day of your dreams this weekend. I really wish I could make it. Both of you on the same day. So it looks like great catchers in your class! I tell people "Don't do anything I wouldn't do, and remember I have kids!
Old 09-19-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

We're going to have to circle the wagons tighter. DD13 had a mild panic attack on Monday and then couldn't stop crying that evening. A hug from her Mum and support from me and she recovered her equilibrium.
She has self confidence issues due to being in the shadow of her big sister. We've promoted activities that only she likes/is good at.
On Monday Mrs T ate well at lunch time and then couldn't force herself to eat much dinner with us. It may have brought it home to DD how ill her Mum is. DD knows she is loved and that we are here for her.

This morning is my 'me' time I'm going to coffinate with my friends from the emotional well being course.

Have a good one everyone.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Andy,
It's tough and scary for young teens. (And the rest of us too.) caffeinating is my speed too. Have a good day. Then another.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry your daughter is suffering, Andy. Sounds like you’re doing some really wonderful things to encourage her. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Suze and SE, huge hugs and my best wishes for your joint big day Saturday

Andy, so many challenges. You and Mrs Terrific are beautiful, caring parents! All of my very best thoughts go to your whole family dealing with all of this. The world would be a better place if there were more like you.

Itchy, I keep trying to cut back on my gadget-obsessed life but am not succeeding too well. I must admit my obsession pales in comparison to yours

SG, how goes?

Hi to MW, Toots, and everyone else!
Old 09-20-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats to everyone celebrating and hugs to those that need one.

Busy, busy, busy with my big project(s) at work.

So, just a quick camel salute to say Happy Hump-Day!

Old 09-20-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SereneEdition View Post
Thanks everyone for the well wishes & empathy!

Nef - A well earned congratulations on 6 years!!!

Suze - Wow! This is so cool! Being MIA for a good chunk, I missed your wedding date. Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you & goat!!!!!!! I'm happy that we get to share this transition too

Indeed, we are getting married on the SAME DAY, my wedding is 2pm west coast, so just an hour behind you. However my best person (holding the rings) always runs an hour late, in which case there is a good chance that we will get married at exactly the same time.

Oh my gosh.....oh my gosh.....I have shivers. Seriously. Imagine when Mel hears....far out.....we are amazing....our class.....I hope Dee feels proud of us....look at us go!!!

And the rings, errrr, thanks for that.....betting I would have left them sitting here in my jewellery box. Really.

We had them made by a lovely jeweller in Cyprus that I found on Etsy. Thick silver bands (distressed sterling silver, square edge) that are engraved on the inside. Probably best if I remember to take them to the wedding. Or perhaps I need to give them to someone else to take care of. Nick's auntie I think.

I sent you an email Serene ~ I don't have your number anymore.
But thinking of you of course....

Have an amazing day girl!!!! :-) ♥♥♥
Old 09-20-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Andy ~ you are indeed a wonderful dad. Both you and your wife and handling all of this with such grace and strength....I' sure that helps your girls.

Sorry for being selfish guys, a touch too all about me right now...

Old 09-20-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SereneEdition View Post

Um....I know I'm sleep deprived, but if your ring holder is an hour late, doesn't that make it 6pm here?

Am I wrong? I could have it backwards. I do that...
Old 09-20-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Happy Hump Day to all!

Two Overs getting married on the same day! That's pretty incredible!

Another day off for my children, as there is a teacher's strike occurring in our district. The county I reside in has been run by one party for 60 years, and until recently, the head of the School Board was also the head of that party. He and his cronies have destroyed the balance sheets of the district, neglected building maintenance , and spent money foolishly for years on projects with no educational return. Finally, new blood has been elected, but these folks are saddled cleaning up the mess left from years of mismanagement . Unfortunately, there is not much left for teachers in the aftermath. Teacher strikes always divide the community between the "I love the teachers" folks and the "don't raise my taxes anymore" folks whom don't have children in the district. Hopefully, a compromise can be worked out. In the end, it's always the children whom lose out.

Time to work out a bit and get some things done around the house.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Morning star.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi Suze - Nope, your correct. I did the math wrong in my excitement. I realized it after I signed off. Ha Ha! Still pretty amazing it is the same day!

Thank you everyone for well wishes!

Andy - did I read that correctly that you have 13+ children?
Old 09-20-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Um 13+ .....is that actually possible?

He he Serene.....I know. I still can't get over it. Kind of a Februbuddy miracle.

Love to all of the wonderful Overs!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Congratulations Nefermichael

Congratulations for Saturday, Suze and SE ❤️

Itchy, thanks and my health might not be great but I have reaped benefits from sobriety. I have peace, calm and serenity. Never had that in my life before and I love it. Is it an age thing, do you think? calm is pretty handy in the throws of an asthma attack!

Andy, please send Mrs Terrific hugs and love hope your daughter is ok too X

Have a great Thursday overs.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm proud of everyone, Suze - but of course I have special thoughts for you Nick, and SE and her spouse to be this weekend

May it be the best day of your lives

D