Notices

One Year & Over Part 53

Old 09-10-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi all, kind of a sad, lonely day. A former friend had a big party and of course I was not invited. A long story, but at least still sober here. That is the main thing.

Overs!
Old 09-10-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Re-Member

OOTT,
Wow a personal trainer! I need to take up FBL's sport - walking.

Ours was a big hunk of Yellow Fin and we ate it all last night. Pan seared and raw in the middle. With seasoned and melted garlic butter of her own making. We eat nothing but healthy food. My problem is seconds and thirds. That tuna gave me a TBO! (Taste bud orgasm)

Mags,
I thought you were feeling well since the steroids. Sorry you feel viral.
I am also glad that Merlin had a turnaround. This tuna was awesome. We like Salmon as well. We RV'd all over Alaska and the Kenai peninsula fishing the Kenai river and the bays and Gulf of Alaska from May 1999 to September 5th 1999. We caught a lot of giant Red Salmon, Silver Salmon and some Pinks to smoke. I had fresh raw salmon eggs and they are like butter. So is the salmon but it needs to be cooked or smoked.

OOTT,
It is heart wrenching when our furkids get older and have age deficits. I hope your Charlie can find some comfort too. Sobriety, for those that depend on us, is the greatest gift we can give. Us.

Andy,
I agree that Suze's wedding sounds like a wonderful affair. Mrs T speaks German in her sleep?? Does she speak it awake too?

I can imagine Merlin yowling loudly in the night.
I see you asked about waking German too.

FBL,
I hope your Sunday went well too. I put a comment on your YouTube video. I liked seeing and hearing you again. You seem to have the same voice online as the RW.

Sassy,
I figured you'd agree with my priority for breathing too
What I found missing in a big way was when I went back to college in my early 30s there was only one Philosophy class held period. Critical thinking should be part of every teacher's curriculum. I have the great works of Will and Ariel Durant both the 12 volume "Story Of Civilization," and "The Story Of Philosophy,a single volume. I avoid the revisionist history with mid-20th century history books as history never changes, only today and what happens between any history book's publication date and today.
I'm sad you had to endure the suicides of family. But as far as not passing on your genes, well, that may be a loss if the only ones in the gene pool are the bottom of the barrel. At lease we had your thoughts and friendship.
I also read about and was concerned about the plastic micro-filaments in our water supplies. I filter all our drinking water and hope that catches them.

IP!
Great! Our own ghost of Allison Steele, "The Night bird." Please PM me your link if they are still online.

Today was fantastic. I found a newly refurbished Surface Pro 4 from Microsoft with a full one year warranty that was being sold for $450.00, newly refurbished in the Microsoft packaging. I brought $200 and my ASUS T-100-CHI tablet/ultrabook that I never use. I had trouble selling it for what it is worth as it is all but new too. Well he took my offer and it turns out the warranty from Microsoft has 12 months left on it! I thought it was a 4 GB RAM and 128GB SSD and Intel i5 like my Surface Pro 3. Nope, it turns out to be an i7 with 8GB RAM and the 256GB SSD. I've already reset it and tested it thoroughly. And I still have my Surface Pro 3 to sell after I get all my stuff off of it, clear the TPM, and have the drive cleaned while resetting it.

I can't believe how fast it runs. I have my upgrade the easy way.

have a great week overs!
Old 09-10-2017, 10:31 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Drake,
Sorry I left my composing screen up to finish while we ate, and I just saw yours. I'm sorry you feel left out. I hope you feel better soon. Staying sober is the key, no?

Good for you hanging in there sober.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Congratulations Inpar, on your radio show. If there's a link to listen could you pm me it also please.

Itchy, sassy, this plastic thing in our waters, here they've put a charge on plastic bags as they say they're killing our fishes, and I heard they're trying to put a deposit return charge on plastic bottles , I remember taking beer bottles back for my dad when I was a kid. But I was also concerned as aluminium is said to be deodorant. I now try to buy it without it in, but more expensive and not so much of it. Apparently aluminium can damage our brains. just what I read.

We seem to be in a world set on destroying it! What a shame.

Midwest, sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. Nice one!

Itchy, the predisilone haven't kicked in as quick as they normally do, does this mean I'm getting used to them? but I'm on antibiotics also for chest infection. Thing is I could feel it coming on last week, my readings were low at the hospital and all she said was I probably didn't do the test right! So I thought it must be me! But I got steadily worse as the days went on. Sigh. Getting better now though. But I imagine it will be like this on and off all winter now, it usually is.

Hope everyone is keeping safe in USA with the hurricane. Thinking of you all.

Have a good day my friends.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Mrs T does speak German. After a few days with relatives she starts trying to speak to me in German.

IP glad you enjoyed your show.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Andy, in college my roommate said I spoke Dutch to her in my sleep

Drake, it's hard to feel left out! But being sober is still much better

(((Mags))), fell better very soon! You've got a great attitude. difficult breathing is scary. It happened to me once in my teens when I nearly developed asthma and had to race to the docs for a shot of something. It was such an awful experience I still clearly remember it nearly 50 years later.

Have a good day to all!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Fran has been moved out of the ICU and into a regular room at the hospital. She's still having some breathing problems and will have the trach tube in for a few more days, at least. I'm hoping to go for a visit when she's able to talk again.

My HUGE project continues on. We're having a meeting on Tuesday to discuss the project and our Christmas mailing piece. The fourth quarter is always our best quarter business wise. I think the upcoming book will do very well (IF I can finish it ).

Have a Magnificent Monday, overs!
Old 09-11-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Drake- those kind of things can hurt but that is great you are sober. That is the most important thing.

FBL- that is great news about Fran. I hope she continues to improve this week.

Itchy- the tablet sounds really nice. I have never played with a surface.

Mags- I hope you continue to feel better.

I really don't have any plans today. Gym & clean...maybe take a hike or read.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Drake, that is lame! I'm sorry that happened to you. But I noticed you said "of course" you weren't invited--why of course? It could have been an oversight or a million reasons that you weren't invited. Anyway I'm sorry I know how that feels, it feels terrible to feel rejected by friends. But, chalk it up to "who knows, those jerks don't know what they're missing" and move forward, sober and stronger.
My back is killing me. And my car is breaking down.
Once again FBL I am in awe and in envy of your job!!
And glad to hear Fran is improving.
Itch---cool on the new gear.
I bought a new road bike and went out with my dad yesterday, he's a big cyclist, it was fun! The trees are starting to turn already, it was pretty.
I'm going to post the show online, I'll send y'all links when its up.
Have a great day Overs.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Forgot to say Congrats!! dearest InPar.

My dinner party on Friday night went really well, as did the ones on Wednesday and Thursday.
But I am exhausted and kind of terrified and wishing we had opted for the registry office.
Apparently this is normal....ha! I wouldn't know normal if I fell over it.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fbl, I'm so pleased Fran is out of ICU, big hugs for her and all X

Suze, sounds like you're having a whirlwind ball! Enjoy your dinner parties, savour the moments, after all, it is the precious present.

Fbl, I'm sure you'll get the book completed for Christmas!, it's more than 100 days away. As long as you don't need sleep!
Old 09-11-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

there is lots of talented people on this thread.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Magsie

I agree Midwest. They're all Amazing
Old 09-11-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

A super quick whizz by! Even though my life is not as busy as it once was, I still seem to struggle to fit it all in - lol! But, at least sober I have a chance
Old 09-11-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I'm glad Fran is out of the ICU, FBL.

((((Drake))))
Old 09-11-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Suze-'normal'? HA! I think people spend so much time attempting to be normal they forget who they really are. Like a mask. Remember to eat, rest, hydrate. Hope you both are doing well.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

People cotton to me because I'm weird; they say I'm easy to relate to!
Old 09-11-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Gilmer- we do not say we are weird..We say we are gifted.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Suze-'normal'? HA! I think people spend so much time attempting to be normal they forget who they really are. Like a mask. Remember to eat, rest, hydrate. Hope you both are doing well.
We are....doing well that is and we both love you. ♥

Eat, rest and hydrate is on my agenda for tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I know people who work more than one program they say they are "double winners"
lol.