Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 287

Old 08-28-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of being present in ones thoughts? Thank you.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Practice, opening our hearts and learning how to love for the first time. I think as addicts we never truly loved ourselves and the whole cliche about not being able to love another unless we love ourselves is true. It's gut wrenching but it must be done.
We've got to learn how to love!
Yes yes yes yes yes!! ♥

Nick and I have recently spent a great deal of time talking about this....it is kind of one of my *things*....something I try very hard to practice.

Love is a verb....and the way we learn to love ourselves is by actively doing loving things for ourselves, whether we really want to or not. We practice loving behaviour until it feels right, and lo and behold we are treating ourselves with love. And guess what? It feels good. It feels really good. And it spreads outwards in or lives, and the ripples are incredible.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Practice, opening our hearts and learning how to love for the first time. I think as addicts we never truly loved ourselves and the whole cliche about not being able to love another unless we love ourselves is true. It's gut wrenching but it must be done.
We've got to learn how to love!

So True!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Sorry to hear your not feeling well V;prayer sent for ya. Thank you SL, Delilah & D for nice words as I celebrated! Btw, Delilah how did her surgery go today? & on separate note, that's a great idea if one us struck it rich & bought everyone tickets to some great resort for a couple weeks or a mth. Getting to see the faces behind the screen or username here would be funny for some, yet very good to experience
Old 08-28-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

8:00 in California and checking in for another 24. My mom's surgery was successful today. She was in very good spirits tonight, and truthfully sounded better than she has in months. She still has a long way to go to recover, up hopefully this will be a good start. She is going to take things one step at a time.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Welcome Auxilio, stay cool Vinny, love to Dane and Red and anyone else affected by hurricane and love you Pebbles, hope you are feeling ok.

Day 300 for me today!! 65 more days of glorious sobriety and I'll have reached a year! Unless it's a leap year. Is it a leap year? I always get confused. Actually I think leap years have to be divisible by 4 so 2017 isn't a leap year. Yay! Not that it matters as I want to stay sober every day of every year whether they're leaping or not. Starting with today. 24 more hours please xxxx
Not a leap year, Bandi and I had an extra day in 2016 to get us to one year due to leap year!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Morning all!
I've got my moody head on today. Other half got pretty drunk yesterday (I did say I didn't mind him having a few) but he got a bit gropey and wouldn't shut up for ages! The height of the annoyance came when he thought it'd be funny to point out that I would blot out the sun if I undressed near the open curtains at bed time. Grrrr. I went out for bread and found my mind wandering to the booze isle too. Ugh! Didn't do it thank goodness but it was a trigger kind of evening for sure!
So he is shining his halo currently and jet washing the drive. Good! I've plenty of jobs where that one came from.....heh heh heh!
Have a great day all!
Jo, I may have thrown a heavy object at him, he is lucky you didn't!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Went down the rabbit hole again. Back to day one.. I'm re reading some recovery books....I'm in for 24
Which book are you reading?
Old 08-28-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Martina - if you need help working out what to add to your programme all you need to do is ask the wonderful hearts and minds here

Congrats on 300 days Kenton! Awesome

Congrats again on 5 years 1new - thats a special achievement.
congrats to you auxilio and Vman on your milestones too

welcome CrossYourHeart and Star79!

Continued prayers for your Mom Delilah

thanks and congrats to everyone recommitting to recovery today

prayers and best wishes for those facing destructive weather

D
Thank you Dee!❤️
Old 08-28-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Would love to meet you, too, dear Delilah!!!!!!!

❤️

How is your Mom doing? Has she had the surgery?

Prayers!
She did well and was pretty positive tonight. She has a long road ahead of her, but will get there.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Still struggling with my hormones but I did not yell at the kids this morning, not once. I am determined to learn how to handle my emotions and triggers around them. They deserve so much better than the mom I have been lately and honestly I am tied of crying myself to sleep every night because of my guilt.

My new therapist says a lot of my mood swings are a result of my body continuing to detox the alcohol. It makes sense since anger is tied to the liver. He says the 6 month mark my be hard as well. Nothing can feel worse than this. I am barely hangng on most days, especially around my time of the month. But I am relieved to know that there may be an explanation. I guess I was naive to think that getting sober would somehow stabilize my moods. That's is the farthest things from the truth.

Anyway. I had a bit of a craving today but not matter what I will not drink. Here for 24 more.
Lots of love heading your way Sunny.❤️
Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Thank you Weev. I need to remember to be more gentle with myself. It's just so hard when I am affecting the quality of my family life on a daily basis. And it just keeps getting worse.

But there are good days too and i need to remember that. It's not all bad. Hope you are doing okay my friend.
Sunny, is it possible to get some help with the kids a few days?
Old 08-28-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaneK View Post
More rain, but at least we're not trapped; some people in Houston aren't so fortunate. The scanner is still busy with rescue calls, so I'm still praying for the city.

And I'm staying sober. 24 more!!!
Continued prayers for you Dane, and all affected by the terrible storms.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm all set for another 24 hours of sobriety!

8:45 PM in the Salish Sea.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm committing to another sober day and night.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
Sorry to hear your not feeling well V;prayer sent for ya. Thank you SL, Delilah & D for nice words as I celebrated! Btw, Delilah how did her surgery go today? & on separate note, that's a great idea if one us struck it rich & bought everyone tickets to some great resort for a couple weeks or a mth. Getting to see the faces behind the screen or username here would be funny for some, yet very good to experience
Surgery went well, she's got a long road ahead of her, but will now be able to move on with healing.❤️
Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 517 (permalink)  

in for 24
Old 08-28-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 518 (permalink)  

In for my next 24 xxx
Old 08-28-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 519 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 6.33am
Old 08-28-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 520 (permalink)  
Administrator